Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am a hardcore Baylor Lady Bear fan. They are number one in the nation - the top seed - they won the national championship in 2005 and in 2012. Those two teams of the past were pretty much ONE-WOMAN SHOWS.

This year's team has SO MUCH BALANCE; it's completely different from the earlier championship teams. They only lost one game all year - at Stanford (when Lauren Cox was sick).

They play California Lady Bears in a few hours -- it is on Baylor's home court; last game on their court as they host the second national tournament game; last game on the court for the two seniors, Kalani Brown and Chloe Jackson (actually Jackson is a graduate transfer).

I feel the Baylor women will go all the way again this year.

Go Baylor Lady Bears!

Last edited:

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am a hardcore Baylor Lady Bear fan. They are number one in the nation - the top seed - they won the national championship in 2005 and in 2012. Those two teams of the past were pretty much ONE-WOMAN SHOWS.

This year's team has SO MUCH BALANCE; it's completely different from the earlier championship teams. They only lost one game all year - at Stanford (when Lauren Cox was sick).

They play California Lady Bears in a few hours - first game of Sweet Sixteen - it is on Baylor's home court; last game on their court as they host the second national tournament game; last game on the court for the two seniors, Kalani Brown and Chloe Jackson (actually Jackson is a graduate transfer).

I feel the Baylor women will go all the way again this year.

Go Baylor Lady Bears!
Go Lady Bears!

On the baseball front Baylor swept WV this weekend in first week of Big 12 play.

Baylor finishes strong to sweep West Virginia - WV MetroNews

Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Final: Baylor 102 - California 63

NOW on to Sweet Sixteen for Baylor

Standing ova-tion for Kalani Brown and Chloe Jackson - their last game on Baylor's home court
I think it is on to Greensboro, North Carolina to play South Carolina for Baylor
After west coast games late, we will see our sweet sixteen lined up tomorrow
I know Notre Dame gals are in it, Connecticutt also as far as I know...

• Winner
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Final: Baylor 102 - California 63

NOW on to Sweet Sixteen for Baylor

Standing ova-tion for Kalani Brown and Chloe Jackson - their last game on Baylor's home court
I think it is on to Greensboro, North Carolina to play South Carolina for Baylor
After west coast games late, we will see our sweet sixteen lined up tomorrow
I know Notre Dame gals are in it, Connecticutt also as far as I know...
Oregon State just won a nail biter over Gonzaga

Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That bracket is up to date now.
Iowa State gals got knocked out by Missouri State.

It is good for Baylor baseball guys that they swept West Virginia. I saw them play two non-conference games; they were terrible against Nebraska and great against Cal Poly.

Baylor basketball men are OUT after winning one game in tourney - Gonzaga guys were too much for them.

But as for the Baylor women, I am now not just thinking championship THIS year, but BACK TO BACK championships next year too -- heck, let's talk THREE-PEAT -- DYNASTY!

It's a RECRUITING ROLL for Coach Kim Mulkey -- she gets players from ANYWHERE! She got Kristi Wallace from Australia (she's gone now) - a few years back Coach Kim had her own daughter playing, she now has Waco hometown girl Juicy Landrum (who put on a 3-pt clinic last night), Lauren Cox is a Texan, every single lady bear that comes off the bench makes a contribution.

Move over UConn - the Baylor Lady Bear ERA is coming!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I would like to open up the thread for ANY college-related sports - basketball, baseball and softball, men or wimmin.

Baylor baseball guys had a walkoff win over Texas Southern, 3-2, in the 11th inning.
Softball field is just across the way from baseball field, Baylor gals lost to Lady Longhorns 2-0.

1 pm tmrw Baylor Lady Bears are in Greensboro North Carolina to play South Carolina -- a really good team all year long. Baylor gals beat them in regular season, as they did UConn, but that means little now. From here on out, every game Baylor women play could be their last -- or they could run the table and win another championship.

Soon the irresistible force meets immovable object in the men's bracket -- Texas Tech's mighty defense against Gonzaga's awesome offense. I feel whoever wins between them could take whole shootin match

Purdue managed to knock off Tennessee in OT - a wild game!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Baylor 82
Notre Dame 81

Baylor Lady Bears are our new NATIONAL CHAMPIONS !!

BAYLOR WAS LEADING PRETTY COMFORTABLY TIL END OF 3RD QUARTER, WHEN OUR DEFENSIVE STAR LAUREN COX WENT DOWN WITH A KNEE INJURY, LEFT THE COURT IN A WHEELCHAIR.

Notre Dame came back; from 17 pts down and tied it - it was neck and neck in last few seconds.

Chloe Jackson put Baylor ahead 82-80 with four seconds left.

Arike Ogunbowale of Notre Dame was fouled shooting - had two free throws.

Ogunbowale MISSED the first free throw -- why she went ahead and MADE the 2nd one instead of deliberately missing it and hoping for a rebound, I will never know -- but she went ahead and made it -- Baylor still up by one.

That is how it ended.

Baylor by one, with Lauren Cox on crutches on the bench. NaLyssa Smith came in for Cox in 4th qtr, made many shots - played great - but is simply not the defensive player that Cox is.

Baylor holds off Notre Dame 82-81 for women's title

Kalani Brown and Chloe Jackson played their last game in a Baylor uniform.
Jackson was named the Final Four's Most Outstanding Player.
Kalani Brown made second team All-American.
We will likely see Brown and Jackson in the WNBA.

Upvote 0