Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Home » News » US
Nathan Phillips rally attempted to disrupt Mass at DC’s National Shrine
CNA).- While chanting and playing ceremonial drums, a group of Native American rights activists reportedly led by Nathan Phillips attempted Jan. 19 to enter Washington, D.C.’s Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception during a Saturday evening Mass.

The group of 20 demonstrators was stopped by shrine security as it tried to enter the church during its 5:15 pm Vigil Mass, according to a shrine security guard on duty during the Mass.

“It was really upsetting,” the guard told CNA.

“There were about twenty people trying to get in, we had to lock the doors and everything.”

The guard said the incident was a disappointment during a busy and joyful weekend for the shrine.

I just read another piece where Mr. Phillips Vietnam background has been scrutinized and left wanting.

Nathan Phillips rally attempted to disrupt Mass at DC’s National Shrine

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,609.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Good grief! :rolleyes: I looked him up and yeah, he has a big history with causing drama while initiating it. Was he really a Vietnam Vet? Seriously. What to believe??? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,239,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Good grief! :rolleyes: I looked him up and yeah, he has a big history with causing drama while initiating it. Was he really a Vietnam Vet? Seriously. What to believe??? :rolleyes:

The article I read examined his timelines and said he couldn't have been.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Native American activist Nathan Phillips faces questions about reports that he’s a veteran of the Vietnam war.

According to multiple news accounts, the activist is 64 years old, which means he would have been 18 years old in 1973, the last year any U.S. combat units were stationed in Vietnam.

Mr. Phillips also claims to be a Marine veteran, although the last Marine combat units left Vietnam in 1971.

A careful reading of Mr. Phillips‘ own descriptions does not make clear if he ever set foot in Vietnam. Instead, he has used much more careful language claiming he is a “Vietnam times veteran,” an ambiguous phrasing that led many media accounts to conclude he was a combat veteran.

Mr. Phillips could not be reached for comment Monday.

Nathan Phillips Vietnam Veteran status in question

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
I heard he was born in '55, which makes it unlikely, not impossible, but unlikely he was in Viet Nam. If he's a stolen valor guy, it should be spread around everywhere.

But now that the facts have changed the main stream media will just give it a good ignoring.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
I heard he was born in '55, which makes it unlikely, not impossible, but unlikely he was in Viet Nam. If he's a stolen valor guy, it should be spread around everywhere.

But he said he was a Marine and the last Marine combat troops departed in 71. Marines evacuated Saigon in 75

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,239,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
If he were born in '55 I think he would have to have enlisted under age. Didn't you have to be 18 to enlist without parental permission? I think the '55 crew were the last to get draft numbers but none I think were actually drafted.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
It makes me sick

Those school kids almost had their lives ruined because of this man and his accomplices

Yet they yell racist remarks, they disrupt a Mass, and no one cares?

These SJW try and get people fired all the time, I wish we could get them fired

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think the '55 crew were the last to get draft numbers but none I think were actually drafted.
Correct. I am from 55 and was in the draft lottery. My sequence number was 035. That meant I would have gone in the first wave inductees, but Nixon cancelled the draft a few weeks before the notices were due to be mailed. So no one born in 55 was drafted.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
A black religious cult hurls racist insults at a group of young kids waiting for a bus to take them home from the Prolife March.They sing pep rally songs to keep up their communal spirit. A liar goes into the crowd and bangs the drum in their face. The boy turns the other cheek and smiles. MSM and Hollywood types want to punch him in the face. A hate fest against Catholics and whites and teenaged boys ensues, with the usual melee of death threats,doxing, and disgust with the pro life people.

This is how the MSM covers the Pro life March. Lovers of liars and Enemies to the truth. Filled with lies and hate to the core of their hearts.

Just another day in the American swamp.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A black religious cult hurls racist insults at a group of young kids waiting for a bus to take them home from the Prolife March.

And anti-homosexual. And bizarre things that were hateful, but hard to classify. But apparently they got a free pass for that.

They sing pep rally songs to keep up their communal spirit. A liar goes into the crowd and bangs the drum in their face. The boy turns the other cheek and smiles. MSM and Hollywood types want to punch him in the face. A hate fest against Catholics and whites and teenaged boys ensues, with the usual melee of death threats,doxing, and disgust with the pro life people.

And the death threats continue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I feel sorry for the kids who had to experience emotional trauma because of a few idiots who dont check facts.
fake news.png

Upvote 0