provincial
✟762,913.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If the nation is Christian, then strong nationalism is necessary, nay, expected. We must never be ashamed of Christ and His cross. We must willingly embrace and promote our Christianity and defend it when it is criticized unfairly by the world.

Upvote 0

Freedom~Sprite

America is free! If U R opposed U R Free to LEAVE!
Feb 11, 2017
Miami
✟16,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Left Wing in American' politics would hope to scare people into thinking Nationalism is on the rise. Nationalists have been active in America for a great many years. White Nationalists, Black Nationalists, like the Nation of Islam for example.

I wouldn't worry overmuch.

Reactions: Waggles
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Left Wing in American' politics would hope to scare people into thinking Nationalism is on the rise. Nationalists have been active in America for a great many years. White Nationalists, Black Nationalists, like the Nation of Islam for example.

I wouldn't worry overmuch.

We are a 'nation' after all.

Upvote 0

Shadow

Site Supporter
May 29, 2015
✟94,972.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Is this a good thing or bad? Does this contradict Jesus's message of love and peace?

If Nationalism makes war more likely, it is bad. If Nationalism can act as a check on the power of global financial elites who effectively undermine national economies ability to provide for their own people, I think its more likely to be a good thing but could still have its share of drawbacks. I'm not sure what Jesus would say.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If Nationalism makes war more likely, it is bad. If Nationalism can act as a check on the power of global financial elites who effectively undermine national economies ability to provide for their own people, I think its more likely to be a good thing but could still have its share of drawbacks. I'm not sure what Jesus would say.

Jesus has a special affection for Israel (not the present State of Israel).

Upvote 0

OkieIko

Jan 9, 2017
okc
✟844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A catch all term these days for hater, Trump supporter, racist, bigot, sexist, etc. Like the so called "alt-right".
Words and definitions have become concepts and ideas to perpetuate attitudes and methodologies of media bias and propaganda.
"Red is grey and yellow white, and we decide which is right; and which is an illusion." --The Moody Blues

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟261,424.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
If the nation is Christian, then strong nationalism is necessary, nay, expected. We must never be ashamed of Christ and His cross. We must willingly embrace and promote our Christianity and defend it when it is criticized unfairly by the world.

religiosity and nationalism are two completely separate things.
nationalism is for all intents and purposes a symptom of mental disorders.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,913.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
nationalism is for all intents and purposes a symptom of mental disorders.

Wrong. There may be a slight chance that you may be opposed to American nationalism, founded upon Christianity, for obvious reasons.

Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟261,424.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Wrong. There may be a slight chance that you may be opposed to American nationalism, founded upon Christianity, for obvious reasons.

I'm opposed to nationalism founded in on anything.
The random birth generator may make you better off than someone else but it does not make your life worth more.
Nationalism is born of fear and narcissism.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,913.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well, if the nation is founded upon Christianity, then harboring a healthy degree of pride and adulation for said nation isn't a bad thing at all. You're equating Christianity to fear and narcissism here, when you get down to it. I don't appreciate that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

citizenthom

I'm not sayin'. I'm just sayin'.
Nov 10, 2009
✟12,912.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nationalism refers specifically to an ethos whereby one holds one's birth country in irrationally high regard. Indeed it is typified by being "proud of everything in one's country" even when evidence, morality, ethics, and rationality caution otherwise.

Upvote 0