Canada
✟27,370.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Urgences-sante confirmed to CTV Montreal that British actress Natasha Richardson, the wife of Irish actor Liam Neeson, was taken to the aiport where a private jet was waiting for her. She sustained an injury while skiing at Mont Tremblant.

She was taken to Ryan Sky Services at Trudeau Airport. She was taken from the hospital at 12 p.m. and her flight was scheduled to leave at 1 p.m.

There was an emergency crew with her in the ambulance.
There has not been official confirmation of the details of her condition.
There have been conflicting media reports about the state of her health. The New York Post is saying the actress is brain dead, and has been flown back to New York.

source

The Tony-award winning actress Natasha Richardson was flown from Canada to New York City on Tuesday afternoon in serious condition with head injuries suffered the day before in a skiing accident north of Montreal, according to two people close to her family.

Ms. Richardson, 45, is married to the actor Liam Neeson and is the daughter of Vanessa Redgrave and the director Tony Richardson, who died in 1991. Mr. Neeson was seen crouched inside an ambulance beside his wife on Tuesday afternoon at Hôpital du Sacré-Coeur de Montréal, as she lay heavily wrapped in blankets with tubes around her face.

source

Last edited:

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
CNN said she was transported but didn't mention any condition.
Foxnews says she was braindead.

Sad. She fell on the beginner slope, and was complaining of not feeling well
at the lodge. Sounds like a traumatic brain injury, the brain swells from being injured,
and the brain is destroyed from the swelling. If they had relieved the preasure soon enough it could help, but its still very dangerous.

Upvote 0

SpaceProg

Renegade Time Lord
Jan 27, 2004
Here and there. Mostly there.
✟10,195.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Politics
US-Others
It doesn't take much to injure one badly, unfortunately. Just landing wrong in a fall or an impact at just the right place on the head causing a coup/contrecoup type injury is enough to make the brain swell.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
How can you get hurt that bad on the begginer slope?

Sometimes when people bump their heads blood vessels in the brain break and blood starts pooling in the brain/skull. Over time this adds volume in the skull which presses the brain against the bony skull. The only hole for release is the spinal cord so the brainstem gets forced into the foramen magnum, hole in skull to spinal cord, which causes a brain injury.

Ideally, symptoms can be spotted early and they can drill a hole in the skull to relieve the pressure before the brain is injured.

Upvote 0

SpaceProg

Renegade Time Lord
Jan 27, 2004
Here and there. Mostly there.
✟10,195.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Politics
US-Others
I would have made humans with skull sutures that could detach and expand upon brain injury. Bad design IMO to have the brain encased in a compartment that hurts what it's trying to protect in many instances. I mean honestly, the inside front of the skull has all kinds of sharp projections, just waiting to rip into the dura given a hard enough impact.

Upvote 0

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I would have made humans with skull sutures that could detach and expand upon brain injury. Bad design IMO to have the brain encased in a compartment that hurts what it's trying to protect in many instances. I mean honestly, the inside front of the skull has all kinds of sharp projections, just waiting to rip into the dura given a hard enough impact.

Most of the time having a hard skull is beneficial. Its those freak accidents where people fall just right that are the exceptions that prove the rule.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I just read that she had died. Wow. I am interested in hearing what the details were, as she was feeling fine right after the fall...which is not uncommon in head injuries. I've lost two friends in similar freak accidents - my heart goes out to her family...I really enjoyed watching the two of them together.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟852,854.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I first saw both Natasha Richardson and her husband Liam Neeson in the movie "Nell" with Jodie Foster. I was impressed with both of them.

It's such a shame. I'm so sorry she's gone, and my prayers are with the family.

Upvote 0