NaNoWriMo

AlabamaMan

A writer changing the world one word at a time.
Jan 7, 2003
Tijuana, Mexico
Visit site
✟45,139.00
Country
Mexico
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I do a little, but I pretty much stick to the Seattle forum.

I don't get around much there. I have posted in the regional area mostly. I'm Alladin on there, in case anyone cares. LOL

Upvote 0

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟159,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I have 9,607 words so I'm quite a bit behind. I highly doubt I will get to 50,000 before the end of the month. :) But I'll probably keep writing anyway. I think I estimated that I can get about 200 words in 10 minutes.

Upvote 0

DCJazz

Doctor Coffee
Dec 15, 2010
Idaho, USA
✟8,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm only at 23,017, and only after an 8000 word grind today. To catch up, I must repeat my 8000 word grind tomorrow, then do a 4000 word grind the next day. And then not procrastinate anymore since that's why I'm behind in the first place. XD

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DCJazz

Doctor Coffee
Dec 15, 2010
Idaho, USA
✟8,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry to double post, but at 50,557 official wordcount (Open Office says I have a higher wordcount than I actually do), I have finally done it. The book isn't yet over, so I'll still be writing of course, but I have won my first NaNoWriMo as of today.

I think it's time for a bit of celebratory music, for me anyway.

God Knows 8-Bit Version (Full) - YouTube

Upvote 0

hollyda

To read makes our speaking English good
Mar 25, 2011
One Square Foot of Real Estate
✟17,438.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:-( I didn't make it - was two chapters short.

That's still incredibly good, though. CG!

This was my first year doing NaNo. I was what I've been told is called a NaNo rebel; someone who participates in spirit, but has a different goal than the normal 50k. In my case, since I had two novels to edit alongside writing NaNo, my goal was to get a 25k novella prepped for one of my publishers' submission calls, but the characters kept talking so it inched to 40k. Though I'm still 10k short of being an actual NaNo participant, it was a great experience.

Do a little writing every day and see how quickly you can wrap something up. Congrats to all who participated in NaNo -- two chapters away from the end is nothing to sneeze at. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LadyNRA

Feb 21, 2006
✟8,360.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's still incredibly good, though. CG!

This was my first year doing NaNo. I was what I've been told is called a NaNo rebel; someone who participates in spirit, but has a different goal than the normal 50k. In my case, since I had two novels to edit alongside writing NaNo, my goal was to get a 25k novella prepped for one of my publishers' submission calls, but the characters kept talking so it inched to 40k. Though I'm still 10k short of being an actual NaNo participant, it was a great experience.

Do a little writing every day and see how quickly you can wrap something up. Congrats to all who participated in NaNo -- two chapters away from the end is nothing to sneeze at. :thumbsup:

I kind of did something very similar. I wanted to do it. Started a story in November, got about 10,000 words in and then ended up not feeling well. So I didn't get beyond that. Then friends asked me to do the next installment of a Warehouse 13 fanfiction series. I started that on April 1st and I was thinking, hey, NaNoWriMo in April instead. So I sat down almost every night, and kept writing with only short breaks to ruminate on next steps and research, and finished the story at the end of April with a little over 50,000 words. So even if I didn't do it at the 'right time', I stuck to the guidelines of one month of writing a novel of 50,000 words or more. :clap:

Upvote 0