Idaho, USA
✟8,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Don't know if there's a thread or not for this already, but if any of you aspiring novel writers want a bit of a challenge this November, then you can do what I'm going to do: National Novel Writing Month, or NaNoWriMo.

National Novel Writing Month has more info about the thing in general, or if I'm not allowed to post such a link, you can google 'NaNoWriMo' and you'll find the site easily enough.

The basic idea is that you have 30 days to write a 50,000 word novel. :3

cherrymdsn

Jul 28, 2007
✟15,144.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am normally a poetry writer, but I dabble in fiction and nonfiction and I'm thinking I might take part in it. Perhaps I'll try and do 50,000 words in poetry (really hard haha) or mix poetry with finishing my scifi novel and a couple of random short stories I have. I'm also revamping a blog...

To group encouragement! If you hadn't reminded me of NaNoWriMo I would have forgotten!

Upvote 0

DCJazz

Doctor Coffee
Dec 15, 2010
Idaho, USA
✟8,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well, I'm behind an entire day's wordcount (Yes, I'm gonna have to finish that today), but overall I think I'm off to a good start. My daily quota, btw, is 2000 words at the very least, though I'm allowed to write more if I feel like it. By doing bare minimum of 2000 words a day I'll finish the book in 25 days or so. However I hope I go on one of my creative binges and write like, tons of pages, which would put me pretty far ahead of my daily wordcounts, lol.

To everyone doing NaNo this year, have fun with it!

Upvote 0

DCJazz

Doctor Coffee
Dec 15, 2010
Idaho, USA
✟8,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Eh I skipped November 4th (I need to stop skipping days), so that means when I wake up tomorrow I need to write double my daily quota. Again. It won't be difficult, of course, it's just annoying I keep skipping when I really shouldn't.

I do 2000 word days but that's just bare minimum, there's nothing saying I can't write more than that in a day. Depending on how the story goes, I may increase my quota. Depends.

I'm only at 6000 something right now, though, when I should be 8000 something right now at the very least. Well, tomorrow I'll hit 10,000 so meh.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DCJazz

Doctor Coffee
Dec 15, 2010
Idaho, USA
✟8,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Eh, I skipped another day. So in order to catch up I'm gonna have to write 6000 words tomorrow, aka Sunday... I'm thinking of skipping sunday and just going for the 8000 on Monday, but we'll see how I feel tomorrow.

EDIT: Also no, not really a History buff so I couldn't say. If it comes right down to it, you could always have your characters just "wing it". Aka come up with an idea on their own, lol.

Upvote 0

AlabamaMan

A writer changing the world one word at a time.
Jan 7, 2003
Tijuana, Mexico
Visit site
✟45,139.00
Country
Mexico
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
By the way does anyone happen to know how they heated barns in the Victorian era? Don't want them critters to freeze to death.

I'm thinking they didn't heat them. I've never seen a heated barn even today, and in the winter you will see the animals outside all day long in the cold. Like DCJazz said though, you could always have your characters be resourceful and come up with a way.

Upvote 0

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟159,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I just started, but I don't think I will have 50,000 words by the end of the month. This is my first time trying this. Maybe I'll be more prepared next year. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.