Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sweet! It's always nice to get that particular myth out of the way in these discussions, thanks for clearing that up. :oldthumbsup:

I guess it depends on if you see prayer as "a magic wand I wave to get what I want from the Lord!" or "I pray for someone and the Lord does what He thinks is best for that person, and then He works on changing my heart as well." Which is what I believe. I believe we pray and God moves on us, the person praying, just as much as the person we're praying for. That's why I pray every day for the President, not just for his sake, but also for mine. :wave:
tulc(is just as surprised as a lot of people must be that he prays every day for President Trump) :eek:

Has God changed you when it comes to President Trump?

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Has God changed you when it comes to President Trump?
I'd guess somethings are different, for instance I always refer to him as President Trump, not any of the various derisive nicknames some people use about him heck I don't even call him just "Trump", mostly that's out of respect for the office he holds, I try and be careful to post articles and stuff that aren't..."too" disrespectful of him, (not always an easy thing to do/find I can assure you). I also tend to see him as almost as much a victim of his own demons, supporters and aides as other people he's hurting. He clearly has some serious problems that aren't being dealt with by the people who are exploiting him for their own plans/agendas. So while I do believe President Trump is way out of his depth doing a job he's clearly incapable of doing, it's also clear he's surrounded himself with people who A) tell him what he wants to hear and not what he needs to hear, and B) praying for him isn't the only thing people need to do. he (and the people around him) also needs to be held to account for the damage they're doing. And as Christians whether we love him or loathe him, we all need to pray for him and the rest of the people who are in the government. :wave:
tulc(hopes that helps)

Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
...wouldn't he have to see his base not supporting him in order for that to happen? Instead he gets the "Aw, isn't it wonderful how REAL President Trump is?" or "He doesn't even CARE that he's being offensive to so many people!!" or my favorite: "I just love having to explain to my kids what a "inappropriate contentstar" is and why people shouldn't "grab women by their "private parts" or why it's okay for the President to make fun of people with a handicap but you shouldn't do that. Because while I LOVE how real President Trump, if you do that you're going to get in big trouble!". :sigh:
tulc(is going to need a lot more coffee soon) :coffee:
Well, like it or not, the more real a person is the more others feel they can trust that person, because they know what to expect. Also, let's not fool ourselves into thinking our other politicians don't also swear in private... They just know how to act more professional in public. And how many of us have said things in the past we would probably regret if it were dredged up while we were running for office?

Again, no particular fan of Trump here. Just throwing in my two cents.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, like it or not, the more real a person is the more others feel they can trust that person, because they know what to expect.
I understand why people make that claim, I also understand that to me? If someone doesn't even make an effort to not be offensive I believe it's because they simply don't care. Which, while it might make someone fun at parties, I'm not sure I'd trust them to lead a superpower. My uncle who yells at people passing his house might be funny, I'm not sure I'd like him to be in charge of the military, the DOJ and be the guy picking who heads up departments who spend billions of US tax dollars. :sorry:

Also, let's not fool ourselves into thinking our other politicians don't also swear in private... They just know how to act more professional in public.
So...they realize there's a difference between public and private? That to me is something
of a step in the right direction. :wave:

And how many of us have said things in the past we would probably regret if it were dredged up while we were running for office?
That depends: do we have dozens of religious leaders making excuses for us every time we do so or when ever another new one is brought to light, telling everyone "tulc is "GODS MAN OF THE DAY, PUT IN PLACE TO MAKE OUR COUNTRY GREAT AGAIN!!! MAGA!" (tm)? Because if so I'm not sure that would be good for me OR for our witness for who we're really supposed to be serving in this life.

Again, no particular fan of Trump here. Just throwing in my two cents.
Well there you go, with your two cents and mine we have a grand total of (pulls off his shoes and starts counting while muttering "...carry the one...") 4 cents? Hey! that makes us pennyaires! :clap:
tulc(knows at this rate he and messerve could be quarteraires by the end of next week!) :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I understand why people make that claim, I also understand that to me? If someone doesn't even make an effort to not be offensive I believe it's because they simply don't care. Which, while it might make someone fun at parties, I'm not sure I'd trust them to lead a superpower. My uncle who yells at people passing his house might be funny, I'm not sure I'd like him to be in charge of the military, the DOJ and be the guy picking who heads up departments who spend billions of US tax dollars. :sorry:

So...they realize there's a difference between public and private? That to me is something
of a step in the right direction. :wave:

That depends: do we have dozens of religious leaders making excuses for us every time we do so or when ever another new one is brought to light, telling everyone "tulc is "GODS MAN OF THE DAY, PUT IN PLACE TO MAKE OUR COUNTRY GREAT AGAIN!!! MAGA!" (tm)? Because if so I'm not sure that would be good for me OR for our witness for who we're really supposed to be serving in this life.

Well there you go, with your two cents and mine we have a grand total of (pulls off his shoes and starts counting while muttering "...carry the one...") 4 cents? Hey! that makes us pennyaires! :clap:
tulc(knows at this rate he and messerve could be quarteraires by the end of next week!) :oldthumbsup:
Man, I feel so rich. I can't fathom being a quarteraire! ^_^:dollarsign::dollarsign::dollarsign:

• Winner
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0