• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

My vocation (again lol)

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Brother_Justin, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brother_Justin

Brother_Justin Warrior of Our Lady

+183
    Catholic
    Single
    In the next few days I find out if the Salesians want to take me on as a canidate. This means that I would work for 3 years to pay off my school loans. I would not be a brother or anything like that, but I would live in a formation house. I would teach at a boys home or at a Salesian school. This is my only feasible route to priesthood right now and I need your prayers. Everything has said NO in the entire year long process. I have cried, I have worked, and I have prayed. Fr. Steve called me today and said it looked good. I need a rubber stamp from the provential and I am a canidate. Please please please pray for me. This program would have me a clerical brother in six years and a priest in eleven. I know it seems like a long time but it is what I want. Im on edge for the next week and would appriciate a lot of prayer! Thanks all!

Brother Justin <><

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Avatar

Avatar Well-Known Member Supporter

+38,041
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    You have my prayers Brother Justin. :prayer:

3. anawim

anawim Senior Veteran

+182
    Catholic
    US-Republican
    Yeah! :clap:

Will you be in Stony Point (Filors Rd)?

4. Brother_Justin

+183
    Catholic
    Single
    I am not sure what rode I think that is right!

http://www.salesians.org/

That is their website. I know the marian shrine is at stony point! Just looking at the website makes me nervous lol! Its in God's hands I guess. If I do get in Anawim we should do coffee and tea some time!

Brother Justin <><

5. Maggie893

Maggie893 It is what it is.

+659
    Catholic
    Single
    You definitely have my prayers. It really doesn't matter how often you hear NO. One Yes is all that's necessary for God.:)

6. anawim

anawim Senior Veteran

+182
    Catholic
    US-Republican
    Sure...I make regular stops in their book store! Which can be dangerously expensive trips ;)

7. Tigg

Tigg Senior Veteran

+707
    Catholic
    Private
    I haven't a clue of qualifications, what one does or anything to become a bro or a priest. But God does. May God put the word in and bless you in your endeavor. Prayers for you. :prayer:

-Peace-

8. Brother_Justin

+183
    Catholic
    Single
    LOL oh trust me I know this! I have only visted the bookstore once and it was a close call ;)!

Thank you all for your prayers and words of support. It has been a long road, but I know that God wouldn't have gotten me this far if He didn't have a good plan :D! In the wise words of somone else I'm sure, "Now we wait."

Brother Justin <><

9. faerieevaH

faerieevaH lucky wife

+571
    Christian
    Married
    I'm praying for you!!!

10. JasonV

JasonV Guest

+0
    Good luck Justin.

11. DiaconoGuillermo

DiaconoGuillermo New Member

+16
    Catholic
    Single
    I will be praying for you.

12. GorrionGris

GorrionGris ...but the greatest of these is Love

+61
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    Guess who has spent a year as a Salesian Pre-novitiate (maybe you call it candidate there :p)

Mary, Helper of Christians
    Pray for Justin
    Amen :)

13. Foundthelight

Foundthelight St. Peter's R.C. Church, Delhi, NY Supporter

+255
    Catholic
    Married
    Praying for you. We need more priests!

14. Brother_Justin

+183
    Catholic
    Single
    Canidate is not a pre-novice. I can't start the pre-novice process until I have payed back all my loans. This will take 3 years. Thus they throw me into the frey and pay me to teach for 3 years. Durring this time I teach at a boy home, I work closely with the street kids, and I teach school. I am praying that this is God's will lol. It will be a long road for me, but the cool part is the entire time I will be in the field being a chaste man working the fields for God and for St. Don Bosco. Mary help of Christians being my guide!

Thank you all for your support it helps. I am very at ease actualy, but of course I am very nervous :D!

"Give me Souls and take away the rest."

~St. Don Bosco~

Brother Justin <><

15. pax

pax Veteran

+94
    Catholic
    Single
    Brother_Justin,

May God bless you in your discernment. I pray that God's will may be done for you.

16. hawko

hawko Regular Member

+122
    Catholic
    Married
    If this is where the Lord wants you to be, it will work out for you. I will remember you in my prayers also. God Bless !

17. Protinus

Protinus ...once more unto the breach dear friends Supporter

+358
    Catholic
    US-Democrat
    our Brother Justin: our faith sustains you and perhaps by monetary means as well.

I would hope that you would consider the Jesuits at this time in your formation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.