North-Brabant
✟43,201.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Praise be to God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who vouchsafed me by His grace to visit a beautiful island of Vlieland, the most remote island of the 5 Dutch Wadden islands. It s a place of beautiful nature. I was amazed to see the fearsome ocean with its roaring waves hitting the empty North sea beach in the night. The first couple of days were blessed with a clear sky and a soft wind, so I could even see our amazing Milky way in the sky and many other stars. During the day I enjoyed seeing the empty virgin moorland or heather as well as the bushes. It was a real different experience. The difference between that island and the mainland is sensible. On the mainland almost everything is changed by humans, so that even the bushes are not so beautiful if they are not virgin, but planted by men. I thank God for the fresh, clean air that I breathed on Vlieland (despite the small number of stinky cars there), for the vastness of ocean that gave me a sense of freedom. When I read the psalms and new testament while resting during my walks there, new insights came up to me about the meaning of God's word. So my understanding was more vivid and inspiring. Now I miss it so much. I would stay there as a hermit to live for God amidst the virgin nature, roaring ocean and the fresh air. Later I tried to have the same experience on the mainland. So I hiked 43 kilometers crossing Veluwe with its old forests. But it wasn't so nice and beautiful as on Vlieland. I even had an impression that I entered the world of old Germanic mythology or that of the Vikings, but I walked it through while chanting my eastern-orthodox hymns for God in Slavonic and Greek, incensing and consecrating this place back to Jesus.
May be you have the same experience on the sea island of your country. Let me know. God bless you.
1153x1200.jpg

rws-luchtfoto-vlieland-444936-bewerkt.jpg

nl-vlieland1.jpg
Lighthouse

106536_800.jpg

107101_800.jpg

104890_800.jpg

105718_800.jpg

106130_800.jpg

102957_800.jpg
Praise Jesus

101942_1000.jpg
Distant light of the pharos 8 kilometers away in north-east direction.

Last edited: