• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Trigger Warning My Triggers

waves

not so new
Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
✟94,770.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
About 2 days ago through dreams, Jesus Christ has helped me to understand what causes my alters to come out.

Apparently whenever I touch any guy in a simple way, for example a touch on the arm, immediately my sexual alters come out. If a guy says something to me, like 'Let's Have Sex' immediately my sexual alters come out and I comply with the request.

The above has been taking place my entire life. This is what I have been programmed to do by my abusers.

When somebody has a serious physical sickness such as cancer, family and friends see the deterioration of the person as time progresses, especially if the cancer is stage 4. They see the person slowly dying and they can see the battle they are in trying to survive each day.

When you have Dissociative Identity Disorder though, people cannot see the actual battle taking place on the inside of a person, but the battle is just as real, just as serious.

A family member said a few times that the worst illness to have is Alzheimer because you look on a family, friend and you have no idea who they are. This is what has been going on in my life for years, severe memory problem.

In my experience as well, when you have a mental illness oftentimes people don't take you seriously. They dismiss what you are saying, they don't believe you etc I remember telling a psychiatrist that I was used in human trafficking and she began laughing to herself, she did not believe me and that hurt.

Another thing I have experienced where abusers around me act 'normal' and the 'abused' me, is agitated, worried constantly, angry at times etc. As a result people view the abused as having no credibility, after all the abusers 'look normal, act normal, dress normal, socialize etc'.

Due to what has been happening in life I have been having what seems to be a series of nervous breakdowns. In one moment I am okay, the next moment I am in a bad place mentally (depressed, angry, worried etc), swinging from one extreme to the other constantly every day.

How to Recognize and Treat the Symptoms of a Nervous Breakdown

Last edited:

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟290,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It's possible some of your abusers don't realize they are abusers. They may be triggering (or running into) a triggered alter and think they are enjoying consensual sex, when it is actually harming you, underneath the alter. I'm sorry you are going through this. You will probably need to limit your interactions to safe people who are committed to chastity themselves and will understand your situation and turn down an alter if it presents itself, understanding that if they don't do so, they are actually harming you.

Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0