• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

My tongue made a mistake

Kostilaks

Aug 24, 2018
Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lets say that someone makes a rush prayer to Gods and instead of saying

"do not punish me"

he says

"punish me"

He freaks and says to Gods that it was an accident. Gods see that it was an accident and do not punish him.

Now, someone makes a rush prayer to Gods and instead of saying
"no matter what I say, accidentally or not, do not punish me"
due to an accident, his tongue makes a mistake and says
"no matter what I say accidentally or not, punish me"
he freaks and says to Gods that it was an accident. Gods see that it was an accident but in his accidental prayer he said "no matter what I say, accidentally or not, punish me" is he trapped just because he said the word "'accidentally"?

I just wanted to stop praying compulsively, every 1 minute for my intrusive thoughts, so I wanted to make a prayer that would be
"no matter what I say/think, accidentally or not, do not punish me"
I was on a rush and accidentally, skipped the words "do not" but I said that my tongue said that accidentally, and corrected it.

what if this accidental prayer was accepted from Gods? and since the accidental prayer was specific about accidental prayers, what if no matter how much I try, I am still trapped because of the word "accidentally"? since I said accidentally, and made an accident with my tongue perhaps there is no forgiveness. I do not know if you understand my example. i am not english.

• Friendly
Reactions: public hermit

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
God looks on the heart and He also knows your intent. So you do not have to worry about this. With God we always have a redo too, we can confess our sins and He will forgive us. Whenever I say something wrong, typically in anger or frustration, I just repeat what I should have said a couple of times to counteract whatever negative thing that i just said. God of course knows immediately, but it helps me to vocalize what is right. For example, a driver irritates me and I say something negative about him/her as i am driving. Rather than let that slide and forget about it. I try to pray for them and ask for God to bless them.
Anyway, try saying the opposite twice for your sake, and know that God loves you.

Upvote 0

Qwertyui0p

Dec 20, 2019
New South Wales
✟41,304.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Lets say that someone makes a rush prayer to Gods and instead of saying

"do not punish me"

he says

"punish me"

He freaks and says to Gods that it was an accident. Gods see that it was an accident and do not punish him.

Now, someone makes a rush prayer to Gods and instead of saying
"no matter what I say, accidentally or not, do not punish me"
due to an accident, his tongue makes a mistake and says
"no matter what I say accidentally or not, punish me"
he freaks and says to Gods that it was an accident. Gods see that it was an accident but in his accidental prayer he said "no matter what I say, accidentally or not, punish me" is he trapped just because he said the word "'accidentally"?

I just wanted to stop praying compulsively, every 1 minute for my intrusive thoughts, so I wanted to make a prayer that would be
"no matter what I say/think, accidentally or not, do not punish me"
I was on a rush and accidentally, skipped the words "do not" but I said that my tongue said that accidentally, and corrected it.

what if this accidental prayer was accepted from Gods? and since the accidental prayer was specific about accidental prayers, what if no matter how much I try, I am still trapped because of the word "accidentally"? since I said accidentally, and made an accident with my tongue perhaps there is no forgiveness. I do not know if you understand my example. i am not english.
God knows what you mean as well as what you say. He knows when say something wrong by accident and what you were intending to say. You'll be fine.

Upvote 0