new england
✟10,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I was raised in a family of eight kids, a great grandma, mom and dad and a foster child. I was raised roman catholic. It was at the age of 12 that in CCC class a man told us all about Jesus and gave each of us a new testament. I went home and devoured it. My parents got real upset. Well my mom and dad had a rocky road and my mom went to CT and stayed at a friends house. She went to a christian coffee house, found the Lord. She went to a bookstore and bought a catholic bible. She knelt down and asked God to baptize her in his love. When she came home she was so different. From that my dad got called by a catholic friend to attend catholic charasmatic prayer meetings. He got involved. My mom got involved. Dad got born again also and their lives changed, all of our lives changed.
Years later i left the catholic church and attended pentecostal churches. Not satisfied with that i attended a reformed temple of reformed judaism. I wanted to get back to the jewish roots. From there i realized they had a wonderful religion but denied Jesus as Messiah. So i went through a period of wandering and drifting from the Lord.
After a period i tried other non denominational churches and felt something was lacking. I went back to the catholic church and eventually through the monastery became an external nun, a third order oblate. That served for a period of time in my life but i left due to the monastery being cloistered.
I have left the catholic church after my father's death. I took care of him with Alzheimers and my mother with Dementia all while i myself was disabled. It all took a great toll on me. I had to stop everything and take one day at a time. I went through cancer, heart attack, stroke, mini strokes, and brain seizures. Then i was diagnosed with a brain tumor three years ago. I have been through a lot. But i realize something: God is perfecting me. He is sustaining me every day and i thank him for his new tender mercies.
I have accomplished a lot in my lifetime. But i count it all dung for the Lord Jesus Christ. I feel that He loves us, just as we are. And that gives me great comfort knowing that he does not judge me. He does not ask me to change. He accepts me where i am and gives me the strength to walk this walk. That is my testimony. Blessings

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟313,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Thanks for sharing. In the end it's all about Jesus Christ isn't it ? That's what I found after 29 years of "Catholic religion" in a time when it really was different, really was in a way, it's own religion. Suffice it to say I watched huge changes in that organization where I came out of the 1950's. I'll stop there before it upsets someone.
But when one becomes born again, then you find out what different is ! You see truth crystal clear and it's not about church organization but Him..

Upvote 0