• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

My story is...what's yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tergail

I am a child of God
Oct 12, 2006
Michigan
Visit site
✟17,214.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It was Wednesday, March 1. Erin had come by to fax an invoice for her husband's welding business because their phone was out of order.
I had been out in my garden burning some small limbs and brush and was lying down on my bed. she came in and while her fax was feeding through, she lay down beside me and said her back had been hurting.
She had hit a deer with her car a month before and had had migranes ever since. She wouldn't go get checked for it, saying it would be all right. She didn't stay long, just went in and talked to her 15yo brother a few minutes. I walked her out to her car, giving her a big hug and kiss as we always did. she would never leave without telling all three of us how much she loved us.
I called around 6:30 to offer her and Jeff some of the tuna casserole I had made for supper. She didn't answer the phone, but I thought she was probably sleeping because her back hurt and she had taken medicine the doctor had given her for it. I tried Jeff's phone at the shop and he didn't answer either, but if he's busy welding, he won't answer sometimes.
we had gone to bed and our phone rang around 1:00. I picked it up but noone said anything. Then a car came rushing into our driveway and I got my husband up and we went to the door. It was Jeff's dad. He said, "Erin's dead!" I said "NO, she can't be!" He said yes, she was. I was in utter shock! I asked if I could see hr and he said sure. so my husband and I quickly got dressed and went over. There were police cars and an ambulance. I went down the hall to the bedroom and there were police standing around her body, which was covered with a sheet. I asked if I could see her and the coroner advised against it. I said, "They didn't let me see my baby when she was stillborn and I am going to see my baby girld here." The coroner said I didn't have to be hateful. I didn't even realize I was bing that way. But they pulled the sheet back and I knelt down beside my beautiful blonde headed blue eyed 23 year old daughter and kissed her cheek and ran my fingers through her hair which was spread above her head on the floor. My angel, one of the two greatest blessing of my entire life, was gone to Heaven.
She looked peaceful, just like she was sleeping.
they told me they'd have to do an autopsy since she died at home, s they took her to a city about an hour away and brought her back the next afternoon. We still haven't seen a copy of the report but the death certificate says, Accidental overdose of prescription drugs. The coroner said she probably woke up, still in pain and took more medicine too soon together. She had called Jeff around 10:00 to see when he'd be in, but he said she hadn't mentioned feeling bad. He had to work until 12:00 finishing a job and when he came in he found her beside the bed. he tried CPR and called 911 but it was too late.
She was light in our home and hearts, a joy to be around, always doing everything she could to make our lives better. We miss her more than words can say. It's been 8 months tomorrow since she went to heaven and I have cried every single day for her.
She had accepted the Lord Jesus as her Savior and I know where she is today, but our family circle has been broken and we are so different than we were.
That's my story of my beautiful Erin.

You know, i thought losing my mom suddenly was the worst thing that ever could have happened to me. But I know losing a child has to be the worst thing you cuold ever experience in your life. Without God, I don't know how anyone would get through it!
My heart goes out to you as well. You are in my prayers!

Upvote 0

Eponine

Not. One. More.
Mar 28, 2005
Brunswick, Maine
✟21,308.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You know, i thought losing my mom suddenly was the worst thing that ever could have happened to me. But I know losing a child has to be the worst thing you cuold ever experience in your life. Without God, I don't know how anyone would get through it!
My heart goes out to you as well. You are in my prayers!
Any loss hurts tremendously, and to talk about "better" or "worse" is pointless, in my opinion, but yes, I agree that it is always heartbreaking when a parent loses a child... *Shivers as memories of her own come to mind*

Upvote 0

KatrinaC

Dave Matthew's #1 Fan!!!
Aug 21, 2003
Racing capitol of the world
✟173.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have a thread going about my dad, but I will re-hash it here because oddly, it helps me.

My father, my hero was 52 when he died this year, on September 4th, Labor Day of all days....a hard laboring man finally went home to rest a little after 1pm. He had spent the previous 27 days hooked to a machine that helped him breathe, IV fluids that helped give him the nutrients he needed and various machines that beeped off and on, bringing to reality that "this" may really be it, the end. This isn't the first time however that my father was hooked to artificial life. He spent 2 months last year the same way and miraculously, he made it out alive. Not this time however. I don't know if Mom had just had enough or if he was really ready to go this time, but he went and now, my heart hurts so much, I pray for death everyday so that I can go home to Heaven and be with him.

Maybe his passing would have been easier if my sisters and I all got along in the days preceeding his death or if Mom hadn't screamed out in agony "NO! Please don't go!!!" while we all stood, watching the last pulses and breaths of life ebb from his body. I tell you, I don't know what was worse, watching Daddy take that final breath and watching the heart monitor go flat or hearing my mother scream at the top of her lungs while my aunt tried to keep her from collapsing to the floor or watching my nephews and neice, all under the age of 10, stand before my dad's casket, huddled together, crying, knowing their time with Grandpa was over.

There is so much about that week that was just a blur that I can't even remember half of what happened. I think the worst thing however is worrying if he knew just how much I loved him. We had a falling out when I was 18 (of course) when I moved out unexpectedly and while we "made up" in the years to follow, I am not sure if HE ever got over that I left home.

Oh I have so many emotions running through my head right now, it's hard to think!

Everyone who has posted here in this thread, I feel your pain and I am here if you want to talk.

Upvote 0

BlondMonica33

Nov 8, 2006
✟7,613.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
My name is Monica..

I have just recently lost a baby which was devistating and now my husband has left.

HELP!

How to deal with the pain of loosing your "life" within such a short period of time??

I am a christian and I know that Only GOD has kept me from loosing my mind.. but would love some encouraging tips as well as info on how NOT to cry every other minute.. or when I shop.. or when I cook for my son.. or when I go to bed alone..
I hurt like no other hurt I have ever felt. Lord, I need you so desperately now.. I dont deserve the Love the God gives us all but thank God for his Grace.

I miss you Katie, and I miss you Rodney.

Monica:sigh:

Upvote 0

nessa

Oct 16, 2005
Florida
✟15,342.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
My story of loss doesn't sound so severe when i read these stories....

i just had a miscarriage a week ago, and i feel like i lost a part of me. My child was going to be my first, so i felt so attached to her *i think it was a girl :) *

i pray for those who have greater losses than i do.

Upvote 0

Nilla

No longer on staff
Apr 8, 2006
Sweden
✟56,683.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
My name is Monica..

I have just recently lost a baby which was devistating and now my husband has left.

HELP!

How to deal with the pain of loosing your "life" within such a short period of time??

I am a christian and I know that Only GOD has kept me from loosing my mind.. but would love some encouraging tips as well as info on how NOT to cry every other minute.. or when I shop.. or when I cook for my son.. or when I go to bed alone..
I hurt like no other hurt I have ever felt. Lord, I need you so desperately now.. I dont deserve the Love the God gives us all but thank God for his Grace.

I wish I knew what tips to give but I don't. What I do know is that prayers do help so that's what I can do for you at this time. Pray.

God carries you through...even though He might seem distant.

Upvote 0

Nilla

No longer on staff
Apr 8, 2006
Sweden
✟56,683.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

i just had a miscarriage a week ago, and i feel like i lost a part of me. My child was going to be my first, so i felt so attached to her *i think it was a girl :) *

:hug: God bless you girl and carries you through.

Upvote 0

tergail

I am a child of God
Oct 12, 2006
Michigan
Visit site
✟17,214.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My name is Monica..

HELP!

It's hard. I understand. Since my mom died a year ago, we lost our car, our house, my husbands job. And now we have to start marriage counseling to keep from losing each other in the process! It seems like there can never be just one thing. When tragedy it hits it seems like it's never going to end. I'm paranoid now. I'm scared everyday of whats going to happen next. But deep in my heart I know that it's all God's will and plays a part in His plan. I just wish I could see the future to when it all ends so I know for sure it will all be worth it. But I have to believe it will all be worth it. I have to keep some kind of hope inside of me in order to go on. My kids are my hope. Their love keeps me going and gets me out of bed everyday. I know how you feel about crying though. I have been crying for about 2 weeks straight now and can't seem to stop. I'm afraid I'm causing some damage somewhere from all the crying. lol I wish I could give you some great advice. All I can say to you is there is hope. Keep an ounce of hope in your heart and an ounce of faith in God, it can get you farther than you can imagine. Try to remember that there is a purpose for it all.

God, give her strength to hold on to you in this time of trials. Help her to know that their is hope with you! During times like this we all tend to question and we just don't understand. So I pray for peace. Peace in our hearts. And for the knowledge that you are there and are in control. We love you Lord God and we live for you the best we can. We praise and worship your holy name! Amen:prayer:

Pray for me and I will continue to pray for you! God Bless you!

Upvote 0

tergail

I am a child of God
Oct 12, 2006
Michigan
Visit site
✟17,214.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Your loss is just as great as ours! You lost a loved one. Your pain is just as great as ours! Don't, please don't downplay your grief. And don't think you shouldn't greive because you should. Allow yourself to. But remember to hold on to hope. Hold on to God. He has a reason. It may not make sense to us and we may question it but He has a reason.

God, please be with nessa. Give her peace and strength like she has never known. Restore the hope she has within her and remind her that you love her and have great plans for her. We love you and worship you always! Amen:prayer:

Upvote 0
J

jkwonie

I thought we could all share our story. I mean how did we find out, what thoughts went through our heads and how do we cope?

I can start.

It was a tuesday, oct 5 2004, I came home from a meeting at the school where I did my practise to become a kindergarten teacher. I don't remember the exact time but it was around 9pm.

When I stepped out of my car I heard someone say "Nilla?" I turned around and saw my pastor and he said, there is something I need to talk to you about. I haven't been the best person I can be so I thought he had found out something bad about me. He had Elisabeth with him. I said ok, but just so you know my place isn't very tidy right now.
He said it's ok.

I went up the stairs and we got inside my apartment and sat down at the kitchentable. Teh he said..
"I have some bad news for you. Your brother Christian, is dead."
I couldn't believe what I heard and started crying. I asked him how it happend and he just said my brother didn't want to live anymore.

All I felt was I have to get home. (I live 3,5 hours from my parents) My pastor said I could call my dad, dad had said he would ask someone to come get me.
When I called there was no one who could come. Dad said he would but my pastor wouldn't let him. (I thank him for that today). Finally they decided my pastor and a friend of his would drive me so I could get home.

That carride was the worst of my life. I sent textmessages on my cellphone to some of my friends.
I remember I had a song echoing in my head..."In You my God I put my trust..."

When I got home everyone assumed I knew how my brother did it. When my sister found out I didn't know but had pieced it together from the conversation she felt bad. She said..why didn't you ask. All I could say was..didn't know how.

I cried myself to sleep that night.

After a few days I got back to schoolwork again like nothing had happend. I don't know why today but I guess it was some sort of survival thing. But I also know it's cause of every prayer said for me and my family. The prayers have carried me through it all. And they still do.

What thoughts goes through my head: apart from all the questions that starts with why..
I also wondered...could I have stopped it, could I have called home more, talked to him. The biggest one for me at one time was...why did he do it the day before my birthday? Is it a message to me somewhere?

Feel free to ask me anything..
I'm sharing this with you all to show that you're not alone. We have all wrestled with the same questions, the guilt and maybe the shame.

God bless you all,

Nilla

Oh my gosh! that is so sad. i will be with you Nilla because i have a few stories.:
1.August 5 was my grandparent's family reunion.we all had a great time.is was close to midnight and some people were pulling out beer so we left. my family and i were listening to a gospel group called Men Of Standerd.when we got to our house we were getting comfortable so that we could get some sleep. the phone rang and i answered. it was my cousin. in a tearful voice she said 'grandma louise isnt breathing'. my jaw dropped. i gave the phone to my dad because i didnt know what to do,think,or say. it hurted me so much to know that this might be m grandma's last seconds on this earth. everyone jumped in the car.my mom had to drive because my dad was doumbfounded of the fact that his mom was hurt.we got to my grandma's house and saw the ambulance taking her out of the house. they let us know which hospital and we just about beat them there. here we were at st. josephs hospital. my dad jumped out of the car and into the ER. i was so scared. i shut my eyes and i began to pray. many of my family memebers were in the hospital waiting for the doctor's reply to the situation. 'she didn't make it' he said. everyone fell out crying. my grandma was the one who held families together. she helped me so much. i realized that there was a reason for GOD to bring my grandma home to the heavens. and i am glad he did because we are living in a wicked world. basically, he was keeping her out of harms way!

Reactions: Nilla
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Noel07

Nov 13, 2006
✟7,634.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All your stories are heart-wrenching... mine seems so insignificant compared to them but I will share it anyway...

The end of August of this year, I found out I was pregnant with our third baby. We were surprised and excited. In one week the baby was gone. I had miscarried. We have two perfectly healthy sons so I often wonder what went wrong. During the part where we were believing for the baby's health and continued life, I felt like it was a she and so we named her Alegria Corazon (in Spanish means 'Joyful Heart'). We fervently stood on all the Scriptures about life and health that we could find. I remember evenings where I would stay up late at night and intercede on her behalf.

On Sept 4th I had to go the ER. It was there that I found out via ultrasound, that there was nothing left. I don't even know how far along I was.

I have looked for sites that pertain to miscarriage grief and there are not very many that are Christian. Which is what brought me here.

Are there any others who can relate to this specific type of loss?

My heart breaks to hear the other stories contained in this thread.

I pray that peace and His comfort envelope you all.

Upvote 0

Nilla

No longer on staff
Apr 8, 2006
Sweden
✟56,683.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
All your stories are heart-wrenching... mine seems so insignificant compared to them but I will share it anyway...

The end of August of this year, I found out I was pregnant with our third baby. We were surprised and excited. In one week the baby was gone. I had miscarried. We have two perfectly healthy sons so I often wonder what went wrong. During the part where we were believing for the baby's health and continued life, I felt like it was a she and so we named her Alegria Corazon (in Spanish means 'Joyful Heart'). We fervently stood on all the Scriptures about life and health that we could find. I remember evenings where I would stay up late at night and intercede on her behalf.

On Sept 4th I had to go the ER. It was there that I found out via ultrasound, that there was nothing left. I don't even know how far along I was.

I have looked for sites that pertain to miscarriage grief and there are not very many that are Christian. Which is what brought me here.

Are there any others who can relate to this specific type of loss?

My heart breaks to hear the other stories contained in this thread.

I pray that peace and His comfort envelope you all.
I'm so sorry for your loss. Remember no loss is insignificant. Your loss and greif is just as real and important. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

:hug:

Upvote 0

womanofvalor

Oct 29, 2006
Georgia
✟7,669.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My second daughter died when I was 24 weeks pg. We never found out why. But after the doctor confirmed she was gone, my church began praying for my request that she be born natually (the doctor had wanted to induce labor the next day). I went into labor that night and Heather was 'birthed' naturally and my husband and parents buried her the next day. Between her and my son born 5 years later I had three miscarriages. One was when i was 2 weeks pg and I 'felt' it would have been a boy. I still, to this day, feel that that was one of my children.
We grieve over even those short pregnancies because they are children even if they never see this earth.
So, I understand your feelings about your baby.
I am a member of the MISS foundation. While they don't embrace any one religion, I have found Christians post on there and sometimes I have formed friendships through private messaging with other Christians. So there are ways to 'reach out' even in other forums.
The MISS stands for Mothers in sympathy and support. I have found a great deal of support there. There are forums for different categories of loss, whether it's a stillborn baby, toddler, or in my case, a parent of a teen or young adult.
I pray the Lord's peace will enfold you as your mourn the loss of your baby.

Upvote 0

* kittie *

Contributor
Oct 19, 2002
✟24,171.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
let me see...

I had been living with a friend of mine for a month, because my mom was with my dad in the hospital. Actually, he'd been "ill" even before that and hadn't woken up...so was air-lifted to Dallas.

Anyways, so he got better for a while. I even went to Dallas to visit.
sighs...We weren't that close though...not emotionally.

So one day, on a Sunday...
It was the day before my brother's bday. And I'd just sent him a letter saying how we would all celebrate when he got better.
sighs...
Me and my friend were going to church, and we had gotten out of the car when I saw my mom's friend (who attended the same church) rush into the parking lot.

My friend told me...Talk to her. See if she has anthing to say.
And I said...it's okay. Why do I need to talk to her?
Well the mom's friend approached me anyway, and she was like, "I'm sorry are you okay?" in Konglish.

hmm...I was still confused. I had woken up in a decent mood, and wasn't prepared to hear what she told me.
Apparently he had passed away the day before. My mom couldn't bring herself to tell me while I was "alone." My mom's friend told me that my mom would be coming back from Dallas that day...so I should wait til after church and she'd take me to the airport.

Well my friend worked in the nursery, and I would stay with her there each week.
I didn't want to tell my friend the news I got...so I kinda wandered in and out of the nursery. The church was also my HS, so to keep her from seeing me cry, I would go and clean out my locker...go to the bathroom. Around her, I tried to keep a straight face.

Well after worship, my church has announcements. The whole church service plays through the intercom, so ppl in the nursery can listen even while they are out of service.
Well during announcements, they told the church the news.
sighs...That's when I broke down.
People I knew came into the nursery. I'm usually not a crier (grow up with 2 brothers and you'll find yourself trying to be "strong" also)...so I had never cried so much.

Well...dunno what else to say. Anyways, I was 18. Sometimes I feel like I stopped maturing after that time. I mean mentally, I'm so old...so eh...
But as for being responsible and getting things done, I'm so...

Upvote 0

Nilla

No longer on staff
Apr 8, 2006
Sweden
✟56,683.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
let me see...

I had been living with a friend of mine for a month, because my mom was with my dad in the hospital. Actually, he'd been "ill" even before that and hadn't woken up...so was air-lifted to Dallas.

Anyways, so he got better for a while. I even went to Dallas to visit.
sighs...We weren't that close though...not emotionally.

So one day, on a Sunday...
It was the day before my brother's bday. And I'd just sent him a letter saying how we would all celebrate when he got better.
sighs...
Me and my friend were going to church, and we had gotten out of the car when I saw my mom's friend (who attended the same church) rush into the parking lot.

My friend told me...Talk to her. See if she has anthing to say.
And I said...it's okay. Why do I need to talk to her?
Well the mom's friend approached me anyway, and she was like, "I'm sorry are you okay?" in Konglish.

hmm...I was still confused. I had woken up in a decent mood, and wasn't prepared to hear what she told me.
Apparently he had passed away the day before. My mom couldn't bring herself to tell me while I was "alone." My mom's friend told me that my mom would be coming back from Dallas that day...so I should wait til after church and she'd take me to the airport.

Well my friend worked in the nursery, and I would stay with her there each week.
I didn't want to tell my friend the news I got...so I kinda wandered in and out of the nursery. The church was also my HS, so to keep her from seeing me cry, I would go and clean out my locker...go to the bathroom. Around her, I tried to keep a straight face.

Well after worship, my church has announcements. The whole church service plays through the intercom, so ppl in the nursery can listen even while they are out of service.
Well during announcements, they told the church the news.
sighs...That's when I broke down.
People I knew came into the nursery. I'm usually not a crier (grow up with 2 brothers and you'll find yourself trying to be "strong" also)...so I had never cried so much.

Well...dunno what else to say. Anyways, I was 18. Sometimes I feel like I stopped maturing after that time. I mean mentally, I'm so old...so eh...
But as for being responsible and getting things done, I'm so...
I'm sorry for your loss. I know what it's like to always be the "strong" one and to not wanting people to see I cry. But the bravest thing to do in my book is just to do that...admit we are "weak" sometimes and just show our true emotions.

I'll pray for you girl!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

xxxSammixxx

Nov 25, 2006
Visit site
✟15,148.00
Faith
Lutheran
My only child had a 4 wheeler accident in july and messed up his elbow at about 10 pm one evening. It had been a long day and i had just gone to bed when i heard someone yell in the door that he had been hurt. I took him to the hospital and they ambulenced him to a city about 2 1/2 hours from here as they thought he may have a broken back. That hospital told us he didn't have a broken back but needed surgery on his elbow. Surgery took all night and the waiting room was extremely uncomfortable with small upright chairs. I have 2 herneated disks and the pain was really bad but all I could think of at that point was his pain. Finally, in the early am, the doctor came to say that surgery went well and he would be in recovery for about an hour if we wanted to go eat. We did that. When we returned, I asked my husband if we could take turns sitting with him as I really needed to lay down for just a bit and take some pressure off of my back. We had agreed a week before to divorce and he gave me is best hate look. I felt so bad about myself for not going up but knew that there would only be one upright chair in the room and just wanted to lay down on the seat of my vehicle for a little while to try to stop the pain. The next thing i remember is a girl opening my vehicle door and waking me to say i needed to come right away. my son was coding. I was sure she had the wrong person. Healthy kids don't die from elbow surgery. By the time I got there, they had started his heart and breathing again, but he never did regain consciousness. No one knew how long he had been gone before they called code blue. It had been 45 minutes since he was last checked and my husband had fallen asleep in the chair next to him. He coded and was revived 3 more times in the days to come. 3 days later, they did and eeg and told us that he his brain did not have even enough function to breath on his own and the chances that he would ever wake were very slim. A few days later, we unplugged life support. But what if I had been there. What if I had not been so selfish worrying about my own pain. I would have known right away that he had died. It would not have taken me 45 minutes to notice. I can't seem to get through the guilt.

I thought we could all share our story. I mean how did we find out, what thoughts went through our heads and how do we cope?

I can start.

It was a tuesday, oct 5 2004, I came home from a meeting at the school where I did my practise to become a kindergarten teacher. I don't remember the exact time but it was around 9pm.

When I stepped out of my car I heard someone say "Nilla?" I turned around and saw my pastor and he said, there is something I need to talk to you about. I haven't been the best person I can be so I thought he had found out something bad about me. He had Elisabeth with him. I said ok, but just so you know my place isn't very tidy right now.
He said it's ok.

I went up the stairs and we got inside my apartment and sat down at the kitchentable. Teh he said..
"I have some bad news for you. Your brother Christian, is dead."
I couldn't believe what I heard and started crying. I asked him how it happend and he just said my brother didn't want to live anymore.

All I felt was I have to get home. (I live 3,5 hours from my parents) My pastor said I could call my dad, dad had said he would ask someone to come get me.
When I called there was no one who could come. Dad said he would but my pastor wouldn't let him. (I thank him for that today). Finally they decided my pastor and a friend of his would drive me so I could get home.

That carride was the worst of my life. I sent textmessages on my cellphone to some of my friends.
I remember I had a song echoing in my head..."In You my God I put my trust..."

When I got home everyone assumed I knew how my brother did it. When my sister found out I didn't know but had pieced it together from the conversation she felt bad. She said..why didn't you ask. All I could say was..didn't know how.

I cried myself to sleep that night.

After a few days I got back to schoolwork again like nothing had happend. I don't know why today but I guess it was some sort of survival thing. But I also know it's cause of every prayer said for me and my family. The prayers have carried me through it all. And they still do.

What thoughts goes through my head: apart from all the questions that starts with why..
I also wondered...could I have stopped it, could I have called home more, talked to him. The biggest one for me at one time was...why did he do it the day before my birthday? Is it a message to me somewhere?

Feel free to ask me anything..
I'm sharing this with you all to show that you're not alone. We have all wrestled with the same questions, the guilt and maybe the shame.

God bless you all,

Nilla

Reactions: nightsong
Upvote 0

tergail

I am a child of God
Oct 12, 2006
Michigan
Visit site
✟17,214.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My only child had a 4 wheeler accident in july and messed up his elbow at about 10 pm one evening. It had been a long day and i had just gone to bed when i heard someone yell in the door that he had been hurt. I took him to the hospital and they ambulenced him to a city about 2 1/2 hours from here as they thought he may have a broken back. That hospital told us he didn't have a broken back but needed surgery on his elbow. Surgery took all night and the waiting room was extremely uncomfortable with small upright chairs. I have 2 herneated disks and the pain was really bad but all I could think of at that point was his pain. Finally, in the early am, the doctor came to say that surgery went well and he would be in recovery for about an hour if we wanted to go eat. We did that. When we returned, I asked my husband if we could take turns sitting with him as I really needed to lay down for just a bit and take some pressure off of my back. We had agreed a week before to divorce and he gave me is best hate look. I felt so bad about myself for not going up but knew that there would only be one upright chair in the room and just wanted to lay down on the seat of my vehicle for a little while to try to stop the pain. The next thing i remember is a girl opening my vehicle door and waking me to say i needed to come right away. my son was coding. I was sure she had the wrong person. Healthy kids don't die from elbow surgery. By the time I got there, they had started his heart and breathing again, but he never did regain consciousness. No one knew how long he had been gone before they called code blue. It had been 45 minutes since he was last checked and my husband had fallen asleep in the chair next to him. He coded and was revived 3 more times in the days to come. 3 days later, they did and eeg and told us that he his brain did not have even enough function to breath on his own and the chances that he would ever wake were very slim. A few days later, we unplugged life support. But what if I had been there. What if I had not been so selfish worrying about my own pain. I would have known right away that he had died. It would not have taken me 45 minutes to notice. I can't seem to get through the guilt.

I am so sorry for your loss. I've said before that I just don't how I would cope with the loss of my child. My heart goes out to you. I just cannot imagine the pain you must feel. But we have to remember that God is in control. There was a reason why you were not in that room. You have to let go of the guilt. Even if you had been there they might have been able to save him. It was in God's hands! I'll be praying for you!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.