Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
My step-daughters dad

http://www.nunatsiaq.com/news/nunavut/50211_01.html

This is just horrible. I did not like this guy but I wouldn't wish what happened to him on anyone.

My stepdaughter, his daughter, and I have never been close. Now I'm all she has. She wasn't close with him, either, but I know the hope was there for her that things would someday change. That's been taken away.

He left her to be raised by her mom, who I later married, when she was 7. He never was 'dad', and now he's gone. I just don't know how to handle this. Hannah called me dad last week, the first time she's ever done that, and we've been a family for ten years. She's hurting, and I don't know how to help. Not for what she lost so much as what she knows she will never have.

Life is so cruel.:cry:

TheMainException

Senior Veteran
Jun 13, 2004
In my universe
✟19,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
love her, and let her know how sorry you are for her loss through your tears....tears to a young woman mean a lot from someone she calls dad or even any father figure in her life.....tears are important....I'm very sorry for all of you, much love, Lauren

Reactions: Avatar
Upvote 0

sar1

Feb 13, 2005
melbourne
✟122.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i think you will give her and probably have given her more than wat she ever would have got. Of course she was hoping for a better relationship from dad but it would never have reached the proper relationship she deserves. Having you there for here will be comforting whether she shows it or not.

Upvote 0
P

perfection

You can only give her the love to her that you have. It's all a matter of time before things become reasonably normal again but such events never erased themselves from your life, i suggest you take it easy on with her. And tell her he's in a better place, and i hope that you will accept that she has taken you as her daddy and that you should try to give her the love that comes along with that job.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.