panterapat

Praise God in all things!
Jun 4, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟9,767.00
Faith
Catholic
Recently, my teenage daughter learned my screen name.  Her impression of it was quite different from my intention.  Would you give me your first impression of what my screen name (PANTERAPAT) means?  Please be candid.  Did your impression change or was it confirmed after reading my posts?

In Christ, Patrick 

panterapat

Praise God in all things!
Jun 4, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟9,767.00
Faith
Catholic
My daughter thought that it meant the rock band Pantera. She said that the group was not quite "moral". I didn't even know that a group called "Pantera" existed. My Pantera goes back to my teenage years and refers to a Pantera sportscar. I always did everything fast- walk, talk, etc. so I got the name Panterapat. (I wonder if I should change my screen name?)

In Christ, Patrick

Upvote 0

Jenna

Senior Veteran
Jun 13, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
✟4,598.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I, like many others, equated Pantera with the metal band. If you wanted to really make the distinction though, you could always have a car in your avatar. That way, anyone who knew about it would understand that the reference wasn't the band. :) I don't think it is worth changing your name over though. See, after we all know it, it would be a shame to change your name and have to explain to everyone who you are again and again. :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.