Visit site
✟19,059.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sometimes your teachers will say things that are just plain wacked. You just have to :( and get on with it. Arguing will do you no good and doing it publicly could affect your grade. Perhaps a private moment where you ask him to clarify?

You and I and hopefully everyone here knows that is just not true. God cannot sin. We are His creation, created for His glory and He can do whatever He pleases with us and to us.

Upvote 0

sbbqb7n16

Veteran - Blue Bible Dude
Jan 13, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟25,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sins of omission kinda fall under the second category of what defines sin in some theology (I know it does at my church).
1-> Sins of commission: doing things that you know that you're not supposed to : basically doing the sin
2-> Sins of ommission: not doing things you know you should have done : basically neglecting to do the righteous act

Basically what your teacher is saying is that God has sinned by not doing things that He should have done... which is kinda funny because God is the One who decides what things should be done in the first place. So you can go back to your teacher and tell him that he committed a "sin of commission" in saying that God committed a "sin of ommission." God cannot sin, if He could, then He wouldn't be God. "Those who claim to have fellowship with the light yet walk in darkness are liars and decieve themselves." (1 John chapter 1 or 2 verse something) Don't forget that sin started by a serpent saying that God was wrong... and your teacher has done the same thing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.