Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
AV, the reason is simple. All of the evidence supports evolution. It does not support the creation story of Genesis. You know it, I know it, we all know it. So ask yourself what it tells you about a God that plants false information. Back when I was still a Christian I did not believe in a lying God. I therefore accepted evolution.

And you also seem to be trying to tell God how he could not have done it. An all knowing, all powerful God could have set the his work in action with the Big Bang. There would be no need for individual creation events. What God is more powerful, one that can create the world he wants in one shot or one that has to keep going back tweaking his past mistakes? To me it seems like the God that let life evolve was more powerful.
I believe in the God of the Bible; not the goddess Mother Nature.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I believe in the God of the Bible; not the goddess Mother Nature.

Why? You can still be a Christian and accept evolution. You can still be a Christian and accept the fact that the Earth goes around the Sun. For a while Christians argued that you cannot do that.

What do you have against reality?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You can still be a Christian and accept evolution. You can still be a Christian and accept the fact that the Earth goes around the Sun.
Can I still be a Christian and reject the Virgin Birth?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EternalDragon

Counselor
Jul 31, 2013
✟21,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
If there is no planting of evidence then evolution is true since there are mountains of evidence that support the theory. There is nothing that supports creationism. To claim there is evidence for creationism you first need a testable hypothesis of creation and creationists are too afraid to develop a truly testable hypothesis since they are afraid of the results.

You mean mountains of assumptions. The evidence (the same as we all have) has been interpreted differently by other qualified scientists. I don't think you understand that evidence has to be interpreted and that presuppositions then come into play.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You mean mountains of assumptions. The evidence (the same as we all have) has been interpreted differently by other qualified scientists. I don't think you understand that evidence has to be interpreted and that presuppositions then come into play.

No, evidence. Once again you show that you do not know the meaning of either word.

It is an easy challenge. Show me a working theory of creationism that has not been thoroughly debunked. One that has been exposed to real peer review.

Actually I know that is not a totally "fair" challenge since creation "scientists" know that all they have is nonsense.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.