Oklahoma! "Where the wind comes sweeping' down the
✟15,117.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here is my latest testimony I wrote about and I wanted to share it with you.

The One and only you!

When haven’t you planned for everything to run as planned? Not often right? Image you are planning a trip to Sweden to dance at the worlds most known Swing dancing camp. AC adaptor plugs, check. Plenty of socks and tighty whiteties, check. $500 extra budgets as an emergency fund, check. What am I missing? Oh my iPhone.

We’ve all been there. Image that you get a special deal on your flight because you are going as the chaperone for a young person who is attending for the first time. ”Half off for my airline ticket?!” Oh yeah I’ll take it. Fred Astaire said, “The hardest job kids face today is learning good manners without seeing any.” True. I planned to be extra prepared so that I could lead by example in every way on this trip. But sometimes even with the most preparation, life can orchestrate surprising events-challenging enough to stretch your patience beyond the limit.

The real trouble began escalating when to everyones surprise the pilot announces that we were going to have an emergency landing in Dublin. What’s worst is that he tells everyone not to panic when we see the ambulances and the firetrucks on the runway. I thought, “Wait what?!” Everyone around me tried to keep there cool until the 6 year old girl in front of me murmurs loudly, “Are we going to die?” Now, I believe that every place that I go I’m sent to bring value to peoples lives-still, I’m thought to myself, “is this it really?” My subconscious screamed I can’t die this way as I sat in silence-there was too much work to be done for the good of people.

Crashing eventually went to the back of my mind after I glanced at the young man that I chaperoned sleep through the ordeal-something about his peaceful absentmindedness relaxed me-though some would argue his ignorance was bliss. After are dramatic descend we landing-nervously smiling, but we made it. Everyone let out a sigh of relief, which lifted the mood beyond only a little. The captain informed us that buses would take us to a hotel to let us get food and rest for the night.

When we arrived everyone seemed a little better knowing that we would soon eat, since we were only on the flight for about an hour and had not been served our dinner meal on the plane. 200 plus people lined up dragging there luggage to the front door, as we waited in line to get our hotel room. Once we dropped our luggage off we went to the dinning room to eat. For the moment we were relaxed, fed and grateful to be on solid ground.

The next day we all received a envelope under our door with instruction on rebooking our flight back to the states. I called the number and to my surprise it was the general booking number for American Airlines, and guess what? The incident wasn’t reported because it was still the weekend, and they wouldn’t rebook my flight because I was flying standby. After 2 days of being fed and housed without any problems or having to pay, I knew in the back of my mind that there was a reason for all of this drama to be happening. Outside of being an extreme test of my patience, I knew deep inside that the situation wasn’t right, yet something was.

After 3 days of angry passengers complaining to the wrong people at the hotel, my bank freezing my accounts because they thought my information was stolen, and me wondering how I was going to get home in time, I ended up paying full price for a ticket back to London from Dublin. All this is happening as I’m looking after a young person, so of course I’m trying to be the best example I could be, but I was quickly loosing patience.

When we arrived back to London, he was able to get a flight back to the US, but I couldn’t because I was on “standby”, even though my plane almost crashed in the ocean and most of the original passengers were already back home. Not to mention summer vacation just started for the kids in Europe, and the airport was flooded with an avalanche of excited vacationers. I contacted one of my friends in the dance community to stay over night at their house, but they lived an hour away from my airport. This was another silent nudge that encouraged me not leave the airport-reassuring it was but in the moment not a comforting thought of closure-I was still lingering, and far away from home.

I ended up waiting at the airport over night without sleep just to make sure I could secure myself a spot at 4:30am the next morning. Even after the long sleepless night at the airport, morning arrived and I still couldn’t board a flight. I was also reassured by a not so happy flight representative that I wouldn’t catch a flight at all that day! By this time most people would have been well passed the edge of sanity. One more wrong word from the wrong person would warrant a spartan kick to the chest 3oo style. Mentally, and physically I was on empty, running on fumes of angry patience.

Feeling like a justified victim I realized this was the moment of greatness many of my mentors described. We all want to be the hero or the best character in the movies we love, but I felt like “Gollum” from the lord of the rings yearning to get my precious time, money, and energy back with the situation teetering on the edge of me loosing it. Every door I prepared ahead of time to open was slammed shut-locked with no way of me finding the key or kicking the door down with my own strength. Was this it? Was this finally my breaking point to act outside of my character and convictions to get back what was rightfully mine?

Suddenly after calling my name only to tell me I wouldn’t get on the next flight or the flight after, the American Airlines agent ask me what flight I would like to wait for. I told him the next one. “You’re not going to be able to get on it!” he said. I told him to put me on the list anyway. After 4 days of being stranded with 27 hours of no sleep and my emergency fund within dollars of what I planned being completely drained, my name was called. I was optimistic, and cynical. What was weird is I ended up getting business class. As soon as I sat down-while others were still piling into the plane giving courtesy smiles and shoving there carry on’s into the overhead compartments, I fell asleep like a baby.

What’s the moral of the story? Why do bad things happen to good people? I don’t know all the reasons why. After waking up 20 minutes before landing, I heard the person in the window seat next to me crying. This caught my attention and I started to talk to the lady. After asking her some obvious questions to be nice, she hit me with a strong upper cut of knowledge that caught my attention in such a way that it was beyond a coincidence. The moment of truth hit me and purpose replaced my fatigue. We were destined to meet, and the only way we would have met is if I went through all I went through to end up sitting right next to her on the plane.

There are somethings I know, and other things I know I know. This lady was a person of faith and needed to meet me and some of the people only I could have personally introduced her to. Her journey was directly connected to mine- if I could see this reality everyday as I go through the routine of life, I could be more grateful to be part of a big plan that is working and is includes everyone.
The irony is that each of us has a choice which part of that plan we will assist. Good or bad, giving or selfishness, doubt or hope. Just remember in some of your greatest character stretching moments that success clues are leaving evidence, and you need to be prepared to see them.

Don’t be ruled by the heat of the moment, or blinded by the glare of uncertainty. You are a piece to someones puzzle and most of the time when things are bad, it is a huge opportunity for you to grow and empower someone else exponentially.

Well I’m tired, glad to be home, and more grateful than ever to be reminded that our lives do matter-no matter how quiet they may seem in the orchestra of life.

Keep pushing to be your best. I’m happy to be in the game of life for a short time compared to the unfolding grand story of eternity, but I’m even more motivated to work harder. This was a friendly reminder to not be afraid and to keep pushing. You are the one and only you that nobody else can be. Be ready.

Funny thing is that I’m still waiting on my luggage, and missing many of my Super Man shirts to remind me of what I know to be true. Maybe it’s time to get a tatoo of that symbol……..at least the meaning of it in my mind and heart.

Thanks for reading, and share this with someone you feel it could help.
Best,
Jamin Jackson