Chewbacha
Feb 14, 2002
✟45,495.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
sugarbaby7 said:
hey u have a porblem with my gengar nitemarz? i no lots of ppeole that have problemz with moviez or games that they c or play. its not a bige deal if u ghave a nitemarez. r u saying u neverz saw a nitemare when u go to slepe after u player a game. i saw this oen game called rez evil (resident evil i think) it was very bad and my brother told my mom never o buy him that game because it was such a bad game. it had to do with lareg zombies and thigns.

and bzsidez my nitemare only happehnded once :D
No. You misunderstood my post. Of course I didn't fully say what I meant to either. If you have continuous nightmares about Gengar then you shouldn't be playing the game.

Upvote 0

dragannia

Killer the Great
Oct 3, 2003
✟7,931.00
Faith
Atheist
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh boy.

Pokemon. Out of all the games in which you can argue Satanic infulence over, you argue Pokemon. if you must argue about something, argue about Diablo, or any other game for tha matter. WC III (Undead) and basically every game has killings in it. Just leave Pokemon be.

Upvote 0

Kelly

Dungeon Master
Mar 20, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟24,334.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm speechless....I keep hearing something from Paul....When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.

Burning your kids innocent pastimes is only going to alienate them from you and God. Pokemon is as demonic as pick-up-sticks.

Playing too much of any game, having it occupy your thoughts constantly, being envious of those who have more pokemon or play better than you do = now that's sinful and reason for concern.

Upvote 0

dragannia

Killer the Great
Oct 3, 2003
✟7,931.00
Faith
Atheist
Little red riding hood

The wolf eats the grandma and Little Red Riding Hood. There's bound to be blood involved in that. Think about that. Then the woodsman comes and gruesomely chops the wolf up and blood will also have to be spilled. Then the grandma and Little red riding Hood emerges and they'll probably covered in all sorts of entrails and liquids and stuff.

Upvote 0

Dracil

Dec 25, 2003
San Francisco
✟16,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Since people were talking about not liking stuff because they don't like how it looks, I decided to expand on that further to make a point about other stuff that are worse but people take for granted, simply because it's part of their culture.

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
CrusaderBoy said:
I had been playing Pokemon for several years now, and finally one day my parents inquired about the game. They asked what the game was about and the like, and I told them. A few days later my mom went online and decided to do some research on her own about the game. The next day my parents both approached me and told me to give them all of my Pokemon games, and of course I did(6 GameBoy games and 3 console games). They took the games away and then proceeded to tell me that they needed to do this because Pokemon was not a game that I should be playing, and that it was not a game that would be approved by God. They then took the games outside, put them in a trash barrel, added in some papers and stuff, and lit it on fire(I am assuming they used the papers to make the fire burn better). Is Pokemon really that evil? Should everyone be burning their Pokemon games? :cry:

Wow.

No offense, dude, but your parents are not mentally stable.

Upvote 0

JillLars

It's a Boy! Jace David- Due 1/20/07
Jan 20, 2003
New Hope, MN
Visit site
✟3,944.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Its pretty frightening how some parents can be about religion, a girlfriend of mine in highschool wanted to do a report on scientology, and her mom followed her around with the bible reading it to her constantly, she even go to the bathroom without her mom following her, and when she tried to go to be her mom came in and turned on the light and continued reading. Pretty crazy if you ask me. :sigh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sharky

Rockin dude!
Jul 5, 2002
Visit site
✟7,782.00
Faith
Christian
prince didymus said:
Some people's heads are too thick not to complain, unfortunately.
I second that opinion. I can't stand people who complain (i gotta stop it too :))

There are christians out there who will complain about perfection. Those people are to be avoided.

It's said somewhere in proverbs. "It is better to sit on the corner of a roof than to share a home with a complaining and faultfinding woman."

Upvote 0

Noddingdog

Noderator
Jan 25, 2003
Noddingdogsville
Visit site
✟17,417.00
Faith
Christian
It astounds me to find so many Christians confused by this demonicly inspired game. I have known children using these cards to get nightmares related to the cards after using them and other such terrible things. Let me tell you now, when these cards were removed the nightmares stopped.

As Christians, allowing such nonsense and demonic influence into our heads will not not help us concentrate on our relationship with God or the race we are running, and in fact will hinder us. If you want to open the door to a whole slew of demonic influence, you try using ouija boards, tarot cards and suchlike. Would you do this as Christians? No? Why not? It's just a little wooden board that moves a piece of glass, harmless right?

The answer to that question is a resounding "NO!!!!!!", of course! So why therefore expose yourself to the images of demon equivalents on these cards? Do they remind you of good, holy forces and powers? Do their "abilities" remind you of what God's army would use? Once again, the answer is that resounding NO!!!!!!

Therefore, for Christians to support and use such cards is ridiculous, almost to the point of the proverbial madness. Are they the sorts of cards Jesus might use if he were to hypothetically play a game of cards? I think you can answer that question safely for yourselves.

As Christians we must keep a very careful watch over what is entering our eyes, ears and minds. We are fighting a daily battle over our minds. Make sure you are always ready and prepared, ready to respond to an attack.

If you allow something like this into your mind, what is the next stage? The devil is very subtle, he tries to slowly introduce something until it has a firm lock on an individual. We must take Authority over him in the Name of Jesus, and cast him out firmly. Pokemon and other such nonsense is most decidedly not what we want to be associating ourselves with.

Your parents are helping you out and protecting your mind by doing that.
Which of you would knowingly let an enemy spy into a military installation over which you had control?

Upvote 0

dragannia

Killer the Great
Oct 3, 2003
✟7,931.00
Faith
Atheist
If Jesus was playing a TCG battle game, the only game he would play is Pokemon. Everything else has much eviler things in them.

I seriously don't think the Japanese were thinking, "Lets use popular trading cards to subvert the people of the Western world and deliver it to the glorious Devil!"

If you fight a daily battle and you call whatever conflicts with your beliefs 'nonsense,' do you call science that? Do you call war movies that? If so, you should not have any Tvs, any computers, or anything else related to science in your house because they are 'nonsense.' Science conflicts with your beliefs very strongly (eg 6000 year old Earth, Adam and Eve, etc.). So its only common sense that you do not have any contact with them.

No offense, anyone I may have offended, and Noddingdog.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tiga Ronso

Aug 21, 2003
Visit site
✟7,834.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Interesting thread. It's a shame that parents are trying to control their kids. My parents do the same thing. And since when is playing games a sin? I am an avid gamer and always will be. The reason I got into them is that when I was a kid, I was too small to play sports, so I played games to pass my time. What else was I to do? As for "evil," if Pokemon is "evil," then so is everything else in this world according to your standards. "Sesame Street," walking, talking monsters. Does it give kids nightmares? No, I should hope not. And don't get me started on Bert and Ernie. Just one example. I believe that if you have nightmares, then you should stop playing the game. Finally, for burning games. That is so stupid. I think that we as "Christians," should concentrate on more important things like witnessing to people. So what if you like Pokemon. A speaker at my school once said that to witness to people you need to appeal to them. Taking away kids pasttimes, will only hurt the kids in the long run. Kids need something to do when they have free time. What are kids to do? Sit around twiddling their thumbs? Sorry, but that is too boring for anybody to do. People are more impressed by a Christian who is into stuff they are into, then one who does nothing but tell them they are going to hell. My friend for example, was into Punk Rock for about 2 years. He has been a Christian his whole life, and actually helped lead me to God. He witnessed to his friends and brought more of his friends to God in those 2 years, then he ever did. Just a coincidence? Maybe, but it makes you think doesn't it? Remember, we are all different in this world. Thats the way we were created. If we force our views on people and force them to accept them, then we are no better than the people we are fighting against.

Upvote 0

MikeMcK

Apr 10, 2002
✟13,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
CrusaderBoy said:
I had been playing Pokemon for several years now, and finally one day my parents inquired about the game. They asked what the game was about and the like, and I told them. A few days later my mom went online and decided to do some research on her own about the game. The next day my parents both approached me and told me to give them all of my Pokemon games, and of course I did(6 GameBoy games and 3 console games). They took the games away and then proceeded to tell me that they needed to do this because Pokemon was not a game that I should be playing, and that it was not a game that would be approved by God. They then took the games outside, put them in a trash barrel, added in some papers and stuff, and lit it on fire(I am assuming they used the papers to make the fire burn better). Is Pokemon really that evil? Should everyone be burning their Pokemon games? :cry:
I don't know enough about Pokeman to be able to say whether it's good or bad but that's not really the point, anyway.

Your parents are the authority God has put over you and you need to honor that. If they're wrong, then that's between them and God but just make sure you don't make matters worse by disrespecting them.

If you believe that they're wrong, the best thing to do (and you sound pretty young so this may not make a whole lot of sense to you but trust me, I've been there) is to go along and respect their wishes. It won't get you your Pokeman back but it will do two things.

First, it will honor God.

Second, it will show them that you have good judgement and they'll give you a little more slack next time you find something you like, like Pokeman, and that'll earn you points you can use later on.

Upvote 0

Dogma27

Goes well on toast
Dec 29, 2003
Missouri
✟15,126.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It astounds me to find so many Christians confused by this demonicly inspired game. I have known children using these cards to get nightmares related to the cards after using them and other such terrible things. Let me tell you now, when these cards were removed the nightmares stopped.

I'm not confused. Because I know it isn't a "demonically inspired game". So some kids had nightmares...that has relevance how? If it was truly a problem then surly a great majority of children would be having nightmares. This is simply coincidence.

As Christians, allowing such nonsense and demonic influence into our heads will not not help us concentrate on our relationship with God or the race we are running, and in fact will hinder us. If you want to open the door to a whole slew of demonic influence, you try using ouija boards, tarot cards and suchlike. Would you do this as Christians? No? Why not? It's just a little wooden board that moves a piece of glass, harmless right?

Again please tell em how Pokemon is "demonically influenced". Because it has names or elements that YOU see being demonic? Like I said before not everyone is a Christian. If a game/book/ whatever uses elements you may find offensive, it doesn't mean it's "demonic" Calling any game "demonically influenced" because of what it may contain makes about as much sense as claiming the Bible is demonically influenced because it also contains names and creatures of evil.

The answer to that question is a resounding "NO!!!!!!", of course! So why therefore expose yourself to the images of demon equivalents on these cards? Do they remind you of good, holy forces and powers? Do their "abilities" remind you of what God's army would use? Once again, the answer is that resounding NO!!!!!!

Comparing Pokemon cards to Ouija boards, tarot cards, his highly laughable and quite absurd. Pokemon cards weren't made by some kind of occult demon summoners. No, they were made by Nerds. What sort of evil could Nerds unleash upon the world?

Therefore, for Christians to support and use such cards is ridiculous, almost to the point of the proverbial madness. Are they the sorts of cards Jesus might use if he were to hypothetically play a game of cards? I think you can answer that question safely for yourselves.

What's ridiculous almost to the point of proverbial madness is your argument that some Japanese guys made a Satanic game to corrupt kids. As for Jesus, I dont think he would have any probelm paying a game of Pokemon. Because he has what's called common sense and would know that Pokemon isn't some great evil.

As Christians we must keep a very careful watch over what is entering our eyes, ears and minds. We are fighting a daily battle over our minds. Make sure you are always ready and prepared, ready to respond to an attack.

What a pleasant life that must be. Being absolutely and utterly paranoid about anything that crosses your path. I think there is a medical condition or scientific name for a person like that.

If you allow something like this into your mind, what is the next stage? The devil is very subtle, he tries to slowly introduce something until it has a firm lock on an individual. We must take Authority over him in the Name of Jesus, and cast him out firmly. Pokemon and other such nonsense is most decidedly not what we want to be associating ourselves with.

Once again. Unless you're a complete loon, pokemon should have no lasting or dramatic effect on you. If you think something like Pokemon is a threat, I'd hate to see what you think of Sesame Street.

Your parents are helping you out and protecting your mind by doing that.
Which of you would knowingly let an enemy spy into a military installation over which you had control?

No what his parents and many other parents are doing is not allowing their children to think for themselves, to form their own opinions, they are simply disallowing them to learn and grow by trial and error. So when a kid does get out on his own, his beliefs are not his own, but of those forced upon him.

It's kind of sick if you ask me.

Upvote 0

Noddingdog

Noderator
Jan 25, 2003
Noddingdogsville
Visit site
✟17,417.00
Faith
Christian
Dogma27 said:
I'm not confused. Because I know it isn't a "demonically inspired game". So some kids had nightmares...that has relevance how? If it was truly a problem then surly a great majority of children would be having nightmares. This is simply coincidence.
Coincidence, you say? That the nightmares commenced when the Pokemon commenced? Since you seem to have brushed this irrefutable evidence aside, allow me to present a few more examples, collected from the Internet:

My two year old started having nightmares after her 5 year old cousin introduced her to Pokemon.
"I thought it was a case of good guy versus bad guy, these little Pokemon that they capture, that that was the extent of it. You know, whoever had the most won. It seemed to be OK on the surface," says Cherie Rice.
But then their children began having nightmares.

After hearing God's warning and praying for His wisdom, nine-year-old Alan Brannan decided to throw away all his Pokemon cards. "My friend did the same," said his mother. "Her twelve year old son had been having nightmares. But after a discussion with his parents about the game and its symbols, he was convicted to burn his cards and return his Gameboy game. That night slept well for the first time in a month."
Many parents have reported their children having had nightmares associated with Pokemon.
And, shockingly (not really, considering the evil origins of the game):

When it was first released in Japan in 1997, it was reported that over 600 children went into epileptic seizures while watching the Pokemon cartoons.
I now refer you back to my original statement.

Again please tell em how Pokemon is "demonically influenced". Because it has names or elements that YOU see being demonic? Like I said before not everyone is a Christian. If a game/book/ whatever uses elements you may find offensive, it doesn't mean it's "demonic" Calling any game "demonically influenced" because of what it may contain makes about as much sense as claiming the Bible is demonically influenced because it also contains names and creatures of evil.
At the root, what does the name Pokemon stand for? Pocket monsters. Monsters? We are already beginning to see why so many would rather refer to them as demons. Let me quote again:

To be specific, one of the typical examples of the dark side of Pokemon is a character named Haunter; an evolved spirit that can hypnotize and has "dream eater" power (powered by the purple Pokemon energy cards which is psychic energy). This power lets him drain the energy from his opponents. Kadabra is another Pokemon character who evolved from Abra. Both characters have demonic powers.
Not exactly the kind of "game" we want to be involved in as Christians.

Another example... The character Jynx. "Merely by meditating, the Pokemon launches a powerful psychic energy attack." Pardon? You seriously want this mess to be entering your Christian mind, and the minds of Christian children?

Abra... "Using its ability to read minds..." Say what? Read minds? How, pray tell, does it do that? Not by using the forces of good. Why let this into your head?

And finally, a quote from the official Pokemon website.

Carry your Pokemon with you, and you're ready for anything! You've got the power in your hands, so use it!
Ah, now we come to the crunch point. Where, pray tell, does this power originate from? This is contrary to the Bible's teaching. We are indeed empowered, but on the inside... "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me".
How therefore has the user got power in his hands when using Pokemon? What kind of power? Good power? Decidedly not! Any source of power other than through God is most decidedly evil, and this is what the Pokemon is representing.

Comparing Pokemon cards to Ouija boards, tarot cards, his highly laughable and quite absurd. Pokemon cards weren't made by some kind of occult demon summoners. No, they were made by Nerds. What sort of evil could Nerds unleash upon the world?
Firstly, as pointed out above, it is most certainly not laughable or indeed absurd. Those nerds who happened to invent the game were weighed down and afflicted with influences from, to mention a few, The Tibetan Book of the Dead, The Egyptian Book of the Dead, Buddhist Mysticism, Shintoism and suchlike. Do you want to be involved with such evil?

What's ridiculous almost to the point of proverbial madness is your argument that some Japanese guys made a Satanic game to corrupt kids. As for Jesus, I dont think he would have any probelm paying a game of Pokemon. Because he has what's called common sense and would know that Pokemon isn't some great evil.
Perhaps you should read the above hard facts presented before you, and then rethink your statements.

What a pleasant life that must be. Being absolutely and utterly paranoid about anything that crosses your path. I think there is a medical condition or scientific name for a person like that.
Sometimes the truth hits hard, doesn't it? However, there is no need to start a flamewar based on your opinions. No, to avoid Pokemon and suchlike is to guard one's mind from such evil influences, and safeguard their race and walk with God.

Once again. Unless you're a complete loon, pokemon should have no lasting or dramatic effect on you. If you think something like Pokemon is a threat, I'd hate to see what you think of Sesame Street.
Regardless of what happens, the seed would have been planted. As the saying goes, from little acorns mighty oaks grow. If the seed is there, the enemy can reference that to you later in life in an attempt to shake your faith, confuse you and throw you completely off course.

No what his parents and many other parents are doing is not allowing their children to think for themselves, to form their own opinions, they are simply disallowing them to learn and grow by trial and error. So when a kid does get out on his own, his beliefs are not his own, but of those forced upon him.

It's kind of sick if you ask me.
As a final attempt, you seem to have resorted to the age-old "withholding from your children" argument. What an irresponsible parent it is that allows his or her children to learn that the welding torch should not be touched, or that brightly burning magnesium can spot-weld a retina by "trial and error". If this said "trial and error" was applied to nuclear missiles, where would the world be? "Ah, now you know that welding torches can burn right through things. Don't do it again, run along now". What a terrible thought.
Would you do this to one of your children? Of course not. In the same way, when we are educating children about such dangers, we are not forcing beliefs on them but rather protecting them from harm.

I could go further, but the point has been made here. Pokemon and such evils are things we want to avoid at all costs as Christians.

Upvote 0

Dark_Lite

Chewbacha
Feb 14, 2002
✟45,495.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
When it was first released in Japan in 1997, it was reported that over 600 children went into epileptic seizures while watching the Pokemon cartoons.
It was because they were sitting about 2 inches from the TV screen with bright missile explosions going off, not because Pokémon is "demonic."

Oh yes, cars used to be sacreligious in the twenties when they were first invented. People would rather go out for a Sunday drive than to church.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.