Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,078.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
OK, I am 21 and people say I have some bazaar tastes in music.
I like classical, jazz and country music which people find unusual.
Who else likes this music?
I like classical as well.

Do you also like Christian hard rock? Disciple, etc.

Upvote 0

Celticflower

charity crocheter
Feb 20, 2004
East Tenn.
✟9,279.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I like classical and jazz, but I'm not super into country (just a few select artists, most of whom I am a fan of for other reasons).
I also like Broadway, classic rock, New Age instrumentals, heavy metal, punk, some new rock, Celtic (folk, rock, and Christian), folk, prog rock, lots of indie stuff -- not into rap or hiphop though.

Upvote 0

Radicchio

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2007
San Clemente, CA
✟592,162.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
I really like just about all Folk Music. The Weavers, Peter Paul & Mary, Joan Baez, Pete Seeger, Bob Dylan. Unfortunately some are not around anymore, but still love to hear their recordings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jesus' Follower

ACCOUNT NO LONGER IN USE
Site Supporter
Sep 11, 2015
-
✟59,217.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I really like just about all Folk Music. The Weavers, Peter Paul & Mary, Joan Baez, Pete Seeger, Bob Dylan. Unfortunately some are not around anymore, but still love to hear their recordings.
Very good, thanks for sharing that. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Jesus' Follower

ACCOUNT NO LONGER IN USE
Site Supporter
Sep 11, 2015
-
✟59,217.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You're tastes certainly aren't bizarre.

I have a handful of Jazz albums in my collection...I like more Avant-Garde stuff though, like John Coltrane and Matana Roberts.
Haha...that's a relief to know. Some people find it as unfashionable. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

markb77

Nov 20, 2011
✟16,859.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I've found that my tastes have broadened as I've gotten older. In jr. high and high school, I was strictly a rock, pop and top 40 kind of guy. In college, I began to discover classical (the music of choice for music majors at the college I attended - needless to say I changed my major after a few semesters), jazz and Christian (one listen to Russ Taff singing "Watergrave" on The Imperials' Sail On album and I was hooked), as well as finally coming to terms with how good a lot of the great soul, r&b, country and disco music I'd shunned in high school actually was. While I'm not crazy about much of what is played on the radio right now (despite my 19 year old daughter's best efforts), I try to appreciate as much as I can. In the past week, I've listened to CDs by McCoy Tyner (jazz), Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young (acoustic rock), Genesis (rock), Liquid Trio Experiment (prog-ish jam rock), Mama Cass Eliott (70s pop), Jean-Michel Jarre (Euro/electro instrumental), Petula Clark (60s pop), Joe Jackson (80s new wave-ish/jazzy pop), Leonard Cohen (folk), Todd Rundgren (70s rock) and Tangerine Dream ("Krautrock"), as well as a couple of various artists collections of Disco and 80s female rockers. So I try to keep things interesting, and I enjoy hunting for new artists and albums I haven't yet heard.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SwordmanJr

Double-edged Sword only
Nov 11, 2014
Oklahoma City
✟43,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0