Not open for further replies.
Jan 29, 2012
WV, United States
✟15,146.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm planning to leave my husband. He avoids my 16-year-old son (from my previous marriage), and uses excuses like, "he disrespects me" because my son doesn't always "pick up after himself", and "runs up or down the stairs". This is causing much hurt for my son, who's real dad has walked away. My husband USED to talk to my son. BUT HIS two teenage daughters (from his previous marriage) have stolen from me, say and do rude things to me and my son, and they want us gone as well--they've said it. They have threatened to leave if my son doesn't, just because they don't like him. I think that is mostly why my husband avoids my son. My son avoids them because they hate him. My husband is such an avoider of difficult issues, and he is at the center of this all. We have had soooooo many arguments about this, and he just won't work to change these things. My husband has turned out to be far from the man I thought he was. I don't think he's the man that I waited over a decade to remarry.

I can't seem to find it in myself to try to make a marriage work with a man like him. My son has begged me to get us out of here. I honor marriage, but this is just all so wrong!!! We need to find an affordable, decent home. Thank you so much for your prayers!!

Reactions: omanid

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Welcome to CF :)
I will be praying for you and your family ~ direction, strength, hope, peace, and healing in this situation.
May God bless you in His Merciful Love :crossrc:

ph.gif
O Holy Spirit, Soul of my soul, I adore You.
Enlighten, guide, strengthen and console me.
Tell me what I ought to do and command me to do it.
I promise to be submissive in everything
that You permit to happen to me,

Only show me what is Your will.
~Cardinal Mercier

Upvote 0

Ann56

Just a Branch
Jan 28, 2012
Just Visiting Earth
✟12,569.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

charity_22

To God be the glory..always.
Aug 21, 2009
Riyadh
✟18,337.00
Country
Saudi Arabia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Dear God I pray for your intervention about this issue.. kindly enlighten all of them to reconcile, heal themselves and forgive each others' short comings.. i believe in Your power to put these things in order.. praying in the name of Jesus Amen.

Upvote 0

chris4243

Advocate of Truth
Mar 6, 2011
✟2,738.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Praying that you get the courage and strength to try to reconcile your family, and that God help whoever is hard-hearted to accept reconciliation. :prayer:Sometimes doing nothing and leaving things in God's hands is the only choice, sometimes God wants people to act even when God is doing miracles for them.

Upvote 0

soyunagile7980

Council Member
Dec 7, 2011
✟17,124.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I am praying for healing in your family. May the Lord cast His compassion upon your heart and mend the relationships that has suffered. I pray that His love will fill you until your cup overflows and spills on others with mercy and grace. May the Holy Spirit guide, comfort and teach you all things in Jesus name, AMEN

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jan 29, 2012
WV, United States
✟15,146.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks to all of you for taking a moment and praying for us and giving your support!!
I had, as you can see, basically given up. On praying about it myself, I think God was telling me to give it over to Him and stop trying to fix things my way. I had stopped talking to my husband, because it wasn't making a difference--seemed to just make it worse. Today, he came to me (which he usually does) and tried to talk it over with me (talking without action is usually what happens). I told him talking never gets us anywhere, but he decided, right then, to actually talk to my son and let him know he doesn't hate him or want him to leave and even wants to get along with him better. When he talked to my son, he admitted to having fault in making him feel so unwanted.

I'm thankful he finally took action instead of just saying he will, but my hope is that he will continue on that path. There is healing, I think from past hurts, that needs to happen for him (and probably me, too). I pray that my husband realizes his need for a closer relationship with God, and that God would bless you all for taking a moment of your time to think of us.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.