• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

my insanity has no bounds... a confession of self deception at its worst

Status
Not open for further replies.

maybenotcrazy

Okay okay...
Sep 25, 2008
nowhere
✟15,828.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
How dare I have dreams like this. The day after my attempted fast at religion I had a dream. I saw a tabloid saying "the end is near" I looked more closely, it said: "First witness revealed". I had a dream that night where I met an end times witness (what I am scared to admit is that he was in my mind the other one). He was just as destroyed by madness (in appearance) as I am and said absolutely nothing. He had his head in the bible and in it were passages glowing as he read and I looked at it. This is some serious nonsense. Please pray for me to see the truth! Lord I am not going to lie to anyone, this is a delusion. I am the ultimate sinner, not a prophet, I am mad!!!!! :crossrc:

Last edited:

ERice2nd

Oct 7, 2006
Michigan
✟16,346.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
what makes you mad? because you have a relationship with God? many of us do. doesn't mean you are crazy. God will give to whoever he wants to give to. I have had dreams too, real powerful ones. I consider dreams from God to be a blessing. you have to figure out if this dream is from God or not though, thats the key.

I pray that the truth becomes revealed to you soon. we all could use a dose of truth now and then....the problem is many times we don't recognize it right away.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Please pray for me to see the truth! Lord I am not going to lie to anyone, this is a delusion. I am the ultimate sinner, not a prophet, I am mad!!!!! :crossrc:

Mad people do not know they are mad; they cannot tell what is real, and what is not. A delusion is not what happens when we are asleep, but what happens when we are awake, and cannot tell real from unreal. This is not what you described at all.

You are capable of identifying what is a dream, and what is not. Therefore, you are not mad. What you have found is that going to bed hungry gives you bad dreams. All of which is perfectly normal.

As for the dream itself, it is meaningless. Forget it. And keep away from apocalyptic reading, writing or films.

I hope that helps. :wave:

Upvote 0

ERice2nd

Oct 7, 2006
Michigan
✟16,346.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I take my dreams way too seriously. Back when I was antichrist, I got told which of my family members are going to hell. I was told secrets about people I know etc. I never could verify any of those dreams. In addition I would have dreams that predicted events that happened during the day. I am so susceptible to any grandiose idea because of this (and my aforementioned tendency to feel special) that I can't help it. I am afraid this will become my new delusion. THEN TRULY I WILL BE ANTICHRIST. No, just kidding, I am extremely fearful of my mind. The meds have never worked. I've tried every damn thing. I once got tardive dyskinesia from haldol, glad that's gone. But no help! Everything that happened to me was real as it is unbelievable. I never told anyone this but on the first day of my psychosis when I was terrified and didn't know what would happen a tv show appeared that had a very close facsimile to me as a character. He was considered a character of faith who had very close contact to god. I had a dream earlier this year about that. And in it someone who called himself God reminded me of it lest I forget that something really weird happened. Let's see, why else is this not difficult for me to fall into? Well, I don't know. What i wish, and I keep praying for is for my desire to be special to end. I was always too shy to talk to anyone, never had friends, too dumb to interact (had aspergers or something like it) and was always made fun of as a child for being out of place and slow. I am not bitter but like you ERice2nd I see myself more and more as desiring to show the world I am somebody. Any chance I get to be someone important, real or imagined I take. The antichrist is what the nasty devil handed me as a thing to hold on to. Now the devil, with nothing else on me about the antichrist wants me to think I'm a witness. I actually got so scared yesterday I started shuddering. I was thinking, what the hell am I gonna do if this is true. Anyway. Thanks for praying. People, when will I get with the program. I'm trying my best to stay out of delusion but it never ceases. Something will take this one's place. WHY CAN'T I JUST BE DELUDED THAT I'm A NORMAL PERSON? IT NEVER SEEMS TO WORK THAT WAY:)

yeah, I can understand delusions of that nature. I had one like that once. believed I was a prophet. I got next to no sleep during that time, I was delusional and manic. it doesnt happen with me too often though, even less now.....Haldol and Invega seem to work for me. but I some reason I feel another delusion coming...of course it could be just paranoia as well :O. I hope its just paranoia anyway.I will wait and see, maybe tell my counsellor about it or something :)

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I take my dreams way too seriously.

What i wish, and I keep praying for is for my desire to be special to end.

People with aspergers are not 'too dumb' to interact with other people. They certainly interact, but in their own way, not in the same way as the rest of us. But this does not equate to insanity, just difference.

I am not an expert on aspergers, but a friend of mine has two children with it. They are wonderful, loving, funny, lovely, very intelligent children, but my friend and I learned the hard way that they have to be accepted for who they are, and not expected to be who they are not.

Aspergers people have problems reading emotional clues from visual expressions, and so have problems with face to face interaction. They will also tend to take figurative language literally, and take a while to work out that sometimes people say things that are not actually what they mean. So, this will mean that being alone and working on cerebral problems will appeal more than being in a group, sorting out emotions. Aspergers people can end up making superb engineers, scientists, mathematicians, architects; all sorts of primarily solitary pursuits.

As for being special, well, the paradox of life is that we are all special. We are all absolutely unique, special and irreplaceable. Just like everyone else. So if you want to be really, really, special, then you have to be who you were meant to be; find out what gift you have that nobody on earth has other than you, and use it to benefit mankind as a whole.

Any fool can be anti-Christ and destroy the world; destroyers are ten a penny, but it takes a really special person to create, to build, and to leave the world a better place than he found it.

So, find out who you are, and what you can create, and then aim for the sky. And, as I already said, be careful of what images you put into your head, because once in they cannot be erased. Avoid horror films and anything with high levels of violence; they are unlikely to do you any good, imo. :)

Upvote 0

maybenotcrazy

Okay okay...
Sep 25, 2008
nowhere
✟15,828.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
People with aspergers are not 'too dumb' to interact with other people. They certainly interact, but in their own way, not in the same way as the rest of us. But this does not equate to insanity, just difference.

I am not an expert on aspergers, but a friend of mine has two children with it. They are wonderful, loving, funny, lovely, very intelligent children, but my friend and I learned the hard way that they have to be accepted for who they are, and not expected to be who they are not.

Aspergers people have problems reading emotional clues from visual expressions, and so have problems with face to face interaction. They will also tend to take figurative language literally, and take a while to work out that sometimes people say things that are not actually what they mean. So, this will mean that being alone and working on cerebral problems will appeal more than being in a group, sorting out emotions. Aspergers people can end up making superb engineers, scientists, mathematicians, architects; all sorts of primarily solitary pursuits.

As for being special, well, the paradox of life is that we are all special. We are all absolutely unique, special and irreplaceable. Just like everyone else. So if you want to be really, really, special, then you have to be who you were meant to be; find out what gift you have that nobody on earth has other than you, and use it to benefit mankind as a whole.

Any fool can be anti-Christ and destroy the world; destroyers are ten a penny, but it takes a really special person to create, to build, and to leave the world a better place than he found it.

So, find out who you are, and what you can create, and then aim for the sky. And, as I already said, be careful of what images you put into your head, because once in they cannot be erased. Avoid horror films and anything with high levels of violence; they are unlikely to do you any good, imo. :)

Thank you Catherineanne. I think my specialness feeling is due to my illness. The evil entity that makes me thus preserves his place in my mind by making me imagine myself better than I am. What I need is to kill that special feeling. In my insanity, I said that, closed my eyes and saw the word murder in blood on my eyelids. That is what the devil wants me to believe, that sanity is murder of my true self. I think that is divinely mandated murder though, and I pray it will happen completely. As far as the aspergers goes, I'd call it something worse than that, I was so dumb socially I couldn't even say hi to people or their names even without thinking I was doing something wrong. I currently can't even be around people in a non-academic setting without fear. I am always worried I'll hear something I don't like and just plain fear people. I am an animal as I've said before, if I didn't have inhibitions I'd run away when I see people other than my family. anyway, thanks for your message. Be blessed.

Upvote 0

maybenotcrazy

Okay okay...
Sep 25, 2008
nowhere
✟15,828.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am now considering, thank the lord, joining a monastery. Perhaps I am naive but I feel this may be the only possible way for me to reconcile my absolute obsession with God with my life. I want to repent of all my sins. A tall order I know but I prayed to the lord with all my heart to guide me, and this is the only possibility I can see myself living now with all that happened to me. I've heard much about corruption in these places and fear them so I've been averse to the idea for long but I can't hold it back any longer. Either a vow of repentance that sticks or nothing! I just can't imagine giving up christian music on mp3! That is all I listen to. This idea to me is just as exciting as being the actual witness, who needs that when you can serve god in your own way?

Upvote 0

annrobert

Jesus is my Shelter my Refuge my Fortress
Jan 24, 2009
Canada
✟17,269.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That was an interesting dream but just a dream none the less , and you recognize it was just a dream,it has no meaning.lasting repentance is a great goal for all of us and Jesus will help us definately as we all seek Him who is the way the truth and the life,our Saviour and Master.God Bless
annrobert

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.