My Ignorant Challenge

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Aristotle stunted the growth of science for two thousand years.

Aristotle made mistakes -- something all humans (scientists or not) are prone to do.

It would be far more accurate to say that the people who enshrined his mistakes (including but not limited to using the power if the state to persecute those who disagreed) did the real stunting.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Recently someone posted a two-hour video of an atheist debating Kent Hovind.
Wasn't that recent, but yeah.

The atheist started his rant describing the [human] authors of the Bible as 'ignorant.'
Even with a god infused spirit guided plenary inspiration anonymous person writing mode engaged?

I disagree.
Ok.

If you make a ratio of knowledge acquired to knowledge available, it's hard to call them "ignorant."
It's also hard to call them genius.

What the atheist was doing, was comparing knowledge acquired back then, with knowledge on hand now.
Yet, creationists still exist. Go figure.

And that's not a fair comparison.
Let the professional creationists know this.

Let's see a scientist ... any scientist ... make a boomerang without the use of computers.
What could you possibly do with a boomerang, AV.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
  • Haha
Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Recently someone posted a two-hour video of an atheist debating Kent Hovind.

The atheist started his rant describing the [human] authors of the Bible as 'ignorant.'

I disagree.

If you make a ratio of knowledge acquired to knowledge available, it's hard to call them "ignorant."

What the atheist was doing, was comparing knowledge acquired back then, with knowledge on hand now.

And that's not a fair comparison.

Let's see a scientist ... any scientist ... make a boomerang without the use of computers.
The creators of Genesis were ignorant of the truth, they appropriated stories from ancient Mesopotamian cultures in creating a Hollywood version of Israelite history. That's not to say that they were not intelligent in their day, the priesthood was educated and literate while the average sheep herder wasn't.

The Bible actually misleads sincere people.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The creators of Genesis were ignorant of the truth, they appropriated stories from ancient Mesopotamian cultures in creating a Hollywood version of Israelite history.
You're making the same mistake that academia makes with assuming Egypt and China existed prior to the Flood.

The creator (singular) of Genesis One (Adam) could not have 'appropriated stories from ancient Mesopotamian cultures,' since Nimrod hadn't been born yet.

Mesopotamia wouldn't come into existence until thousands of years later.

• Haha
Reactions: HitchSlap
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You're making the same mistake that academia makes with assuming Egypt and China existed prior to the Flood.

The creator (singular) of Genesis One (Adam) could not have 'appropriated stories from ancient Mesopotamian cultures,' since Nimrod hadn't been born yet.

No, that is not an assumption. That is a conclusion drawn from evidence. You are "Flat Earthing" again. The evidence tells us that there was no flood.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married

The flood is a lie invented by the authors of scripture. It stunts the educational potential of some Christians who have been taught the lie that God wrote the Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The flood is a lie invented by the authors of scripture. It stunts the educational potential of some Christians who have been taught the lie that God wrote the Bible.
Genesis 3:1a Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said,

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Because God cleaned it up? or because it never happened?
They insult God by claiming he was disappointed in his first attempt at creation. After the ridiculous flood claim, the world is no different. Because it never happened.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 3:1a Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said,
Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you are unable to accept My message. You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out his desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, refusing to uphold the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, because he is a liar and the father of lies.

The same kind of church men who killed Jesus wrote their exaggerated, self important history. They were false prophets and have been abandoned.

Upvote 0

ItIsFinished!

Jesus Christ is our only hope.
Sep 1, 2018
Middletown
✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It depends upon what one means by truth. Were there ever only two people? No, we know that is not the case. Was there ever a worldwide flood while man was alive? Again no, we know that never happened. Do those stories have a lesson to teach? Possibly.
Who are these "we" you so freely speak for?
There most certainly was a worldwide flood while man was alive.
How do you know that at one time there weren't only two people (Adam and Eve)?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Who are these "we" you so freely speak for?
There most certainly was a worldwide flood while man was alive.
How do you know that at one time there weren't only two people (Adam and Eve)?
Anyone that seriously and honestly studied the topic. And no, a worldwide flood would have left an almost endless source of evidence of it happening. There is no such evidence.

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ItIsFinished!

Sep 1, 2018
Middletown
✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God didn't write the Bible.
He inspired it, and chosen men wrote it down.
The Flood is not a lie at all. Anyone who does a legit study of it will most likely come to the conclusion by the evidence that exist that yes there was a worldwide flood as described in the Book of Genesis.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
God didn't write the Bible.
He inspired it, and chosen men wrote it down.
The Flood is not a lie at all. Anyone who does a legit study of it will most likely come to the conclusion by the evidence that exist that yes there was a worldwide flood as described in the Book of Genesis.
Really? What evidence is there for a flood? I am very sure that the best that you have is a misinterpretation of observations.

Upvote 0

ItIsFinished!

Sep 1, 2018
Middletown
✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Anyone that seriously and honestly studied the topic. And no, a worldwide flood would have left an almost endless source of evidence of it happening. There is no such evidence.
False.
There is plenty of evidence that depict a worldwide flood as written in the Genesis account from The Word of God.
I can tell you are sincere in your beliefs as am I.
That being said if we continue to discuss this, let us be civil and respectful towards one another.
I prefer to get that understood now rather than later.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
False.
There is plenty of evidence that depict a worldwide flood as written in the Genesis account from The Word of God.
I can tell you are sincere in your beliefs as am I.
That being said if we continue to discuss this, let us be civil and respectful towards one another.
I prefer to get that understood now rather than later.
Once again, what is this evidence. It is not uncivil to ask for the evidence you claim to exist. And please, try to use reliable sources.

Upvote 0

ItIsFinished!

Sep 1, 2018
Middletown
✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Really? What evidence is there for a flood? I am very sure that the best that you have is a misinterpretation of observations.
It would be unwise to assume what I do or do not know regarding the Genesis account of the worldwide flood.

Upvote 0