Visit site
✟39,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I think that we should be able to tailor our CF/FU experience. Since we come here of our own volition, and some of us spend our hard earned cash ... we're entitled to enjoy the site.

Therefore, I suggest that we should be able to do any/all of the following:
1. Ignore specific avatars
2. Ignore specific signatures
3. Ignore specific threads
4. Ignore specific posts
5. Turn off the "Current Users Viewing This Thread" option.

Maybe there are other features/options I'm missing, but ... I think we should be able to tune out the nonsense that irritates us. Some people like to create buzz, because they're addicted to the drama (and/or need the attention) and closing off their avenues for acquiring that attention ... should be allowable.

Am I off-base, or do you think these things have merit, and if so ... what additional ideas have merit as well?

The following are further proposed edits to the vBulletin code:
6. Allowing a user to mask/hide the posts of a member on their ignore list (so that not even a placeholder e.g., "You are ignoring this member click here to read this post" for the ignored post is visible).

nyj

Goodbye, my puppy
Feb 5, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟39,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
It might be hard to code turning on off individual avatars, but if you are running FireFox, you can click on any image & block that image.
Except for #5, the others are already common vBulletin hacks.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It might be hard to code turning on off individual avatars, but if you are running FireFox, you can click on any image & block that image.

I see an option for blocking all images from foru's image server, but not for a specific image.

Upvote 0

GreenMunchkin

Likes things. And stuff. But mostly things.
Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2007
United Kingdom of wo0t
✟99,941.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think that we should be able to tailor our CF/FU experience. Since we come here of our own volition, and some of us spend our hard earned cash ... we're entitled to enjoy the site.

4. Ignore specific posts

Maybe there are other features/options I'm missing, but ... I think we should be able to tune out the nonsense that irritates us. Some people like to create buzz, because they're addicted to the drama (and/or need the attention) and closing off their avenues for acquiring that attention ... should be allowable.

Am I off-base, or do you think these things have merit, and if so ... what additional ideas have merit as well?
So we wouldn't be able to see who was lurking?

Reactions: psalms 91
Upvote 0

GreenMunchkin

Likes things. And stuff. But mostly things.
Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2007
United Kingdom of wo0t
✟99,941.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Those options could do an awful lot to foster peace. Cos seeing a long list of people who dislike conservative Christians up at the top really is irritating. Like we're in a fish-bowl.

They're great ideas. Just wondering whether they're possible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nyj

Goodbye, my puppy
Feb 5, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟39,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Those options could do an awful lot to foster peace. Cos seeing a long list of people who dislike conservative Christians up at the top really is irritating. Like we're in a fish-bowl.

They're great ideas. Just wondering whether they're possible.
If Lee has someone who has access to the vast vB community, #1 through #4 is easily implementable. #5 might be a new hack (or it may already exist).

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

4. Ignore specific posts

If you guys want to not see who's watching you I have no problem with it...
I personally like to know what's going on around me - who's who, where's where etc. etc.

Everybody likes or needs different things Nyj. I can understand how you'de want that. It's all good by me.
:thumbsup: :wave: :hug:

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'd also like to add another addition I think this forum needs at this point. We need a "SIGN OUT" sticky up top there.

The sign in page should be for people signing in only - as they come in, they shouldn't see people signing out with comments & what not.
Can we get a Sign Out page where people can formally sign out?

Thanks anybody.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,282.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

4. Ignore specific posts

Have you run this by who ever is in charge of this joint, now? Maybe he'll have the sense to implement this, unlike Erwin.

Upvote 0

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
The Society of the Spectacle
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

4. Ignore specific posts

I'll sign off on those suggestions.

Upvote 0

Latreia

Gone
Jun 13, 2005
✟24,734.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

4. Ignore specific posts

Why, are conservative Christians completely incapable of dealing with all the realities of online posting? It is actually up to us to use our own intelligence to cope with things we do not like.

4. Ignore specific posts

Frankly, this is like asking for CF to do everything for us, because we are just like children who have not developed the maturity to competently cope with anything ourselves.

I have used the non-display options for avatars, signatures, and certain members' posts *(Ignore). If I like a certain member enough, I can always pull up their profile and check out their avatars and signatures. Along with their Guestbook, in case I get the idea I would also like to post in it.

5. Turn off the "Current Users Viewing This Thread" option

Please forgive me, but members already have this option: all you do is not look there.

;)

Upvote 0

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
The Society of the Spectacle
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0