Orlando, FL
✟19,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello. *sigh* I'm not sure how to explain what's going on in my head without being extremely thorough. Sorry if this gets too long. But this is very important to me. I can't talk about this with anyone else. Not my friends. Not my family. I'm just so scared of being judged falsely or whatever. I don't want anyone to magnify my mistakes. Usually I do know when I mess up. And I'm no longer fond of being told what I should do, or what I shouldn't do, etc. This has nothing to do with being corrected or anything. I'm just...I don't know. It does help to dump this all on God. I'm talking to Him all the time. All the time. Because this is just something that I desire so much, so much. I want to believe that He'll answer my prayer in some way, but I'm unfortunately weak in my faith. I just keep thinking that I have to hold on to what I'm trying to give him, and I don't learn to let Him have full control. Anyway, I'll get to the point. I'm still afraid to even share this, but here I go. Please bear with me.

I'm involved with my very first bf ever (I'm 21 years old), and we've been together for a little under 2 months, though I've known him for about 5 months. At any rate, we're still pretty fresh. I've always shooed guys away in the past. They never interested me, and I never genuinely liked any of them. Plus, I didn't really have an urge to be in a relationship. I've had crushes, yes, but that's as far as I ever got. I've even had crushes on guys from my church, but never really LIKED any of them. And never once has one approached me anyway. Then, for the first time ever, I just had this urge to like my current guy. He did everything different than ALL other boys that crossed my path. His approach, his behavior, etc. Everything my heart desired had come to be with this guy...the impressive first approach, the irresistible personality, and the extremely respectful treatment of me. I liked him pretty quick, and he liked me as well. I eventually got to wondering why in the world I got hired into this job so fast when I first applied (got called the next day), why I felt the urge to stay working there for as long as I have and not wanting to leave (I met him roughly 3 months before he qui to get another job, and he had been working at my job for 3 years longer than I have), and why I suddenly like a guy that likes me back. It almost seems like it was all set up. We bonded instantly. My parents like him. He likes my parents. It was just so right.

Anyway, I've been a church-going girl for most of my life, but I became a Christian about 10 years ago roughly. I'm not the greatest of Christians; I'm still FAR from perfect. I think I'm still trying to become a better one. But, I AM indeed saved, and have a relationship with Christ. I was baptized when I was 16. God's always been there for me, even when it seems like He's so far away. He's got such a strong hold on me. So here's the "problem": My bf is not a Christian. He's the type that used to go to church way back in the day, but hasn't gone in awhile. Now, I know that it's a risk to get involved with a non-Christian. I guess I was just weak in the fact that I finally am having feelings for a decent respectable guy, even if he isn't a Christian, and I gave in. I found out he wasn't a Christian on our second date, before we were even a couple. And it was at that moment where the urge to get him back involved with church was born. I still took the risk to couple with him, though. Yes, I'm aware it's a risk. But I don't want to focus on that just yet. My way of thinking is pretty much the dilemma. I don't want to think about the ways he could affect me and my beliefs negatively, though no worries, I do keep them in mind. What I do want to think about, however, is how I could affect him positively, how God, using me, can improve his life. I want to believe that God's hold on my life will spill over to him. I actually think that God's already at work, but He still works in mysterious ways. Because if God's at work, then that means the devil is at work too. I feel like I'm having a tug of war with the devil, and the "rope" is my bf's soul.

Here's where it gets interesting. I can tell that he thirsts for SOMETHING. I'll say God, because everyone in this world thirsts for God; they just don't know it. But it's not only me that sees this. My parents see it as well. They actually suspected it before I did. The bf revealed to me, at a point where we were having deep conversation, that in his life, he goes through so much upset, so much stress, and being around me keeps him relaxed. He feels most at ease, at peace, when he's next to me. My parents say that such a thing is his spirit feeling what my spirit has, and that's the spirit of God. Like I awaken something in him. If that's not believable enough, I have another one. He and I did have a small mishap, a temporary "break-up" because he had a panic, and thought that his constant upset would hurt me, rub off on me, and he didn't want me to be dragged down with him. When he first told me the news that it might not work, he broke down in tears. We didn't see each other for a week or so as a means of "healing," but in time, we talked about it. Each time we did, though, he had such a hard time talking about it. I drew the conclusion that he went against his heart's true desire; he didn't want to end what we had. I was patient with him; I didn't push him into doing any kind of rekindling. I was just trying to be as pleasant in conversation as possible whenever we talked. I just prayed about it when I wasn't crying about it, and just backed off as best as I could. I even thought that well, maybe this is God's doing. Maybe He took him away from me. But then I think, well, this could be the devil's doing just the same. And he's trying to keep him away from me, his main source of connecting with God. I wanted him back, though, I'll admit. Well anyway, one night when I was at work, he called me, claiming that he had been crying and he didn't know why. He said he just cried for no reason at all. I asked why he called me, since he told me he had to be up in 5 hours, and he said that he just needed someone to talk to. So he chose me. Maybe it's because I was the only one he knew would be awake (I work nights) but either way, it's good that I was, because I do want to be his source of comfort. Furthermore, while we talked, he told me how he didn't want to end things with us, and with a broken voice he told me how much he loved me. In the end, he thanked me for making him happier than how he was before he called.

I love him a lot, and I know he loves me too. We rekindled the little mishap, but it still feels shaky. Like we're trying to get back into the flow of things, but the busy life he leads acts as an obstacle. It's still possible that an even more solid breakup might occur, but I truly hope not. However, if it happens, it happens. I'll cry and be heartbroken again, of course, but that's not the most important thing. I just hope God will instill it in him to keep me in his life, even if it's not romantically. But anyway, moving on. I do feel he truly loves me when I hear him say it. He's never had a church-going gf, and so far, he hasn't been scared away by my "ways," what he's not allowed to do, etc. He admits that I'm "odd" in how I am, but he doesn't look on it as a hindrance, just a difference. I would say that he's trying to "train himself" to get accustomed to being with me. He's very respectful of me. VERY. He doesn't try to pressure me into doing what I don't want. In fact, he never even pressures me. He pretty much waits to see what I myself would want. All he really does is just...well...accompany me. He's just there at my side. When time allows of course. He's very open-minded, and actually, there have been several opportunities where I could have spread the Word to him, thanks to his persistence, but I was either caught off-guard, or just didn't have a Bible handy. He's very attentive and curious as to what verses mean, etc. But it's me that keeps messing up. I know it's possible to work with him; I know it. He just goes through so much hurtful stress, and it seems that all I can really do is pray for him, and hope that he'd never NOT want to use me as his comfort. If he keeps coming to me, it can all work out. His unfortunate way of distracting himself from his upset is working excessively, which takes its own toll on him. *sigh* So, I just need agreement in my prayers. I continually ask God to give me the strength and courage to get through to him. I know it's probably not best to be his gf, since I'm also thinking about the relationship thing, but I feel that as his gf, I'd have a somewhat more important place than just a regular friend. And that's another problem. His friends. I feel like their my "enemies." His friends still have a huge hold on his life, a big influence on his decisions. And since they're of the world as well, it makes it tougher for me. But I do feel that I have my own little hold on him as well. I just worry that it can get weaker, because obviously he's known his friends longer, and I just might lose him in not only a bf way, but also the spiritual way. I want so badly to show him the way to God, so that he can have the peace ALL the time, and not only when he's around me, though I truly do like how I can have that place for him. But I care about him SO much, and I want him to realize that God has a plan for him. He even got into a car accident a few years back, and it almost killed him. He said he doesn't even know why he's alive, and I said it's so that he can meet me. He said that's what he wanted to hear. And I still want that to remain true. He cheated death so that he could meet me, his first real link to God, and whenever God establishes a place in his life, I'd want to feel happy to have played some kind of part in it. For once, I'd like to help win someone over for the Lord.

And there ya have it. I am so sorry that this is so long. :( I just want to make sure to be very clear. I realize the risk I took when I got closer to a non-Christian guy. I know that it would be much easier to get involved with someone who already knows of God, and is saved just the same. I know that. I guess I just feel that if I flee away from unsaved people, they're never gonna know God. And to me, it's like saying that God's hold on me would be too weak when I'm associating with the people of the world. I want to believe that I am on the stronger side, and it will be ME that rubs off onto THEM. Even if this relationship doesn't work out, it's STILL a major desire of mine. Whether he's a bf, a friend, or even just a stranger that I just happen to speak to a lot, he's STILL a lost soul, a pained soul. He's got such a great heart; he truly is an awesome person. More than anything, I want him to be more complete, and just find God. And that's why my heart aches. I don't want to feel like this "mission" will be doomed to fail. My faith is not very strong, but I'm working so hard, and I just want as much support as I can get, if it's possible. Thanx for reading, and for anything you guys might add.

enslow

Jun 26, 2003
✟15,516.00
Faith
Christian
Luna,
take things slowly, that's all I can say. You have plenty of time, believe me. You may see lots of people here married by the time they're 22. Some marry for the first time in their 30's or even 40's.

In time you will have to ask yourself many tough questions such as:
Can I accept his ways forever? It seems that his busy schedule is a concern to you, so that should be one question. It can be hard to answer these questions when you're in love or even infatuated.
Should I marry a non-Christian? I'd say no, and this is from my own experience. (I'm divorced from a non-Christian.) If he becomes saved, let that be his own choice, before you two choose to marry.

God may have put you two together for many reasons. I'm sure you will discover these reasons in time. The intended outcome may not be to marry, or it might be.

Enjoy the relationship for now as it is, and God bless!

Upvote 0

lunalinda

Random. Raw. Real
Aug 18, 2003
Orlando, FL
✟19,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanx for your words, enslow. :) I already have been asking such tough questions, actually. Ever since I officially became his gf, I've been asking. Am I meant to marry? Is he the one? Why is he in my life? Etc, etc. I've got heaps of thoughts written down, typed out...just everywhere. Pages of thoughts as well as questions. Mostly I just spill them out so I can try to arrange them, but sometimes I just make myself more confused.

Yes, it has crossed my mind whether or not I see myself married to him, tolerating his ways forever. *sigh* And so far, this early in, yes I do. He just makes me feel so special so many times, so adored, so appreciated. He is definitely the type of guy that would want to take care of me. It's one of the reasons why he's working so hard now. He even inadvertently clued me in that marriage to me was on his mind. It was minor; we were talking of what type of job he'd get with his major, and he had said something like, "It's good money...gotta support you somehow." I don't find much things about him intolerable at all...not yet anyway. I toss hints every now and then on what he does that is displeasing, so he indeed is aware. As of now, since the relationship is still fairly new, I don't make it too much a desperate issue. I just make him aware little by little. As I said before, he's very attentive, reads me very well. And if there's something that "stumps" him, he always asks. "You're religious...is such and such wrong?" Anyway, I still feel too new in this position to "nag" him or "tell him what to do" just yet. Him not being a Christian is a hindrance yes, but I still think that that status can change, even after we're married...IF that happens, and IF he will be the husband. I'm definitely trying to take my time, as u said. Trying so hard to keep it all in God's hands. I'm still being as patient as possible. The relationship isn't deep enough to get me to really think about marriage. If I'm together with him for many more months to a year, then I'd see it more in focus, but not yet. I just know that it's a lingering thought.

As far as his busy schedule, yeah, it's a concern. Not only because I really don't want him to overwork himself, drain himself, but also because I want to have more time to get through to him. More time to have serious discussions with him. And I don't want to give up on him, nor stress him more. The busy schedule is pretty much an irritating distraction. To be fair, though, I'm not that busy a person myself, so I think that's another big key as to why it concerns me. Because I don't have as much to think about as he does. So in some ways, I feel horridly selfish to be bothered by him being more busy than me, selfish that I want him to not be busy so he could be with me all the time. It's reasonable to want to be with him all the time, yeah, but it's not reasonable to expect him to throw away what he is working so hard for to be with me. Patience is definitely a factor in all this stuff.

I do hope you're right, though, about God's reasons being discovered in time. I hope that I have the proper tools to discover them; I really do. So far, the only reason I'm seeing is to bring him to God, in SOME way. I'd love for this to be like a "fairy tale" of sorts. We meet, he falls in love with me, I fall in love with him, he falls in love with God, we get married and live happily ever after. Or...we meet, fall in love, get married, he finds God through me, falls in love with God, and we live happily ever after." Anything's possible. But I'll continue to try and let this move on God's time table, not mine. Whew, and it's so hard. I do try and enjoy the relationship, even if the time we spend together is limited. Any little thing that is going on can still be God at work, even if it's something that concerns me, or is something that I can't cope with very well.

Clearly, I've never talked about this with anyone, like I said before. *sigh* Sooooo sorry for rambling again! Thanx again, though. :)

Upvote 0

slimfish

Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟248.00
Faith
Christian
Hello deary,
There is a lot here that you need to get resolved. I wish I could comment on all of it, but I haven't the time. Please talk to your pastor about this young man. From my experience, missonary dating is never a good idea. I've seen it go wrong too many times.

You've got a good heart, but remember that our heart and emotions can lead us astray, we need to understand what God's will is, especially when it comes to being in a serious relationship with someone. God bless you, I'll be praying for you. If you want you can PM me. slimfish.

Upvote 0

enslow

Jun 26, 2003
✟15,516.00
Faith
Christian
Luna,

One 'theme' I see in your ramblings is a desire/wish for him to change certain things. You'll know much better after a year or two if those issues will be a concern. If he becomes a Christian on his own (not just because he wants to marry you), great! But don't try to 'train' him. I know that you will probably answer that you aren't going to do that, and I believe you when you say that. But you may find yourself unconsciously trying to correct something.

My former wife married me hoping I'd change in several ways. To her defense, I don't think she really thought out what it would be like to be with me as I was for all time. I suppose I didn't think it through very well either.

Upvote 0

lunalinda

Random. Raw. Real
Aug 18, 2003
Orlando, FL
✟19,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Slimfish, thanx for your input. :) *sigh* I don't really see myself talking to my pastor about this...not yet, anyway. I'm not comfortable with being being this open with people face to face. I usually never talk to anyone about my problems, except with God. It's my human flaw, I guess. I'm just not great in being open. I'll need to pray on that as well. It's just a "fear" thing going on. :( But, all things are possible. I take your words to heart though; I need all the views I can get. And yes, I'm sure that missionary dating goes wrong too many times, but I don't want to believe that it will go wrong EVERY time. *sigh* All things are possible, as I said before. And I'm believing so much that God will keep His hand in this, not just for me, but for the bf. He certainly has love for him as well. I just don't yet want to "give up" unless I feel like I have to. I've given up on things too many times in my life, even before I even take a chance. I need to be strong.

Yeah, that's another flaw of mine, the "good heart." I'm just too nice lots of times. I fall victim to it quite often, but definitely not all the time. I agree...sometimes a heart and emotions CAN lead astray. And believe me, if I didn't believe that, then I wouldn't be crying to God all the time to continually guide me and help me make good decisions. I would just be "going with the flow" without ever thinking about what my feelings and heart might lead me to do. I know I'm going to be experiencing some vulnerability because of my flaws. God's gonna take care of me, though, right? :sigh: And I just don't want to be thinking about me all the time either, though. I tried (and may have failed) leading people to the Lord one time. True, it was via the net on another forum, but it just didn't work. It crushed me that I felt like I failed, and I tried so hard. But I continued to pray about it, hoping that though it all seemed to have gone wrong, God had planted a small enough seed to germinate in time. It would just be so wonderful a feeling if God uses me and takes me over in order to reach others, especially my bf. Then to think about the resulting effect HE'D have on others. God'll spread from him to his family, friends...it's just...wow. It would just be very nice. Yes, I just gotta learn God's will. Patience...patience. Thank you for your words and prayers.

Upvote 0

lunalinda

Random. Raw. Real
Aug 18, 2003
Orlando, FL
✟19,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Enslow, you see correctly. That's pretty much the "theme" in my ramblings. I'd want him to change for himself mostly, not just for me. I can take him just fine the way he is, but I know that it would be better if he can experience something from a different light than what he's used to. For all he knows, his very lifestyle, his friends, etc, can be the things that pull him down. But yes, I do agree that after a year or two things will be "clearer." That's why, despite all this rambling, I don't stress too excessively on what bugs me about him, since we still are too early into the relationship. Yeah, I don't think I really consciously train him, and thanx for believing me. So yeah, I agree. I'm probably doing so unconsciously. As far as it being a correction, though...hmmm. I wouldn't use that word exactly; I'd say it's just offering a different side, my side. I don't stress that my side is correct, and his side isn't. I'd want him to find that out on his own, with my help. He just needs a different view, and I pray that God will help unveil his heart, so my view will be more "enticing" than his.

Hmmm...thank you for telling me about your former wife. That's a good thing to think about, especially for me. I'm so appreciative of this guys; thanx again.

Upvote 0

E-beth

Senior Contributor
Feb 6, 2002
Ohio
Visit site
✟20,861.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My advice is to strengthen your relationship with God, on your own, without worrying about your b/f's role in your life. As you and God get closer, and stronger, then your b/f will see the changes and could indeed learn from your new outlook.

However, you are not responsible for your b/f's road with God. You can't make a plan to get him on the road he should be. All you can do is pray for him and encourage him. Maybe invite him to the church you go to. Tell him about exciting things God is showing you.

Take is very slow, and watch the miracles that God is capable of.

And never ever think that God will get tired of your unloading on Him or asking for His guidance constantly. That is what He desires.

Upvote 0

desi

Aug 20, 2003
La Vista
✟4,540.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lunalinda, I see several areas of your post which concern me. You seem to be intimate with him while at the same time trying to bring him to God. But instead, its like he is changing you by enticing you into the sin of premarital sex, if you want to marry him or bring him to God this is the wrong way to go about it. It makes you appear to be a hypocrite from his perspective. Furthermore, as has already been mentioned, you can not change him. God can, you can not despite how hard you try. I would ask a pastor or priest about how to proceed in your situation as it is messy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

slimfish

Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟248.00
Faith
Christian
Please, please, please talk to a pastor, a priest, or a mature Christian. Read your Bible, get some help from the Christian community, that is what it's there for. Don't go at this one alone. You can't rely entirely upon your talks with God for guidance. While I'm not saying this is bad, I am saying that we, as a selfish people often times tell ourselves what we want to hear and say that God told it to us in our quiet time. You need to reference what you hear in your quiet time with the Bible, and the Christian community. Otherwise you might as well create your own religion. Christianity operates under certain criterion, you need to find out what those criterion are. God bless you.

Upvote 0

lunalinda

Random. Raw. Real
Aug 18, 2003
Orlando, FL
✟19,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
E-Beth, thanks. Your advice acts as a reminder of what I constantly think about, but tend to "forget." I DO need to strengthen my relationship with God. It makes a lot of sense; it really does. I should start thinking of the times when I don't see my bf, which is actually a lot, as times to spend time with God. To read His word, to pray, to fellowship, etc. All I gotta do is NOT forget. *sigh* Oh, but I know conquer my weak humanity; I know I will. I do pray for him and try to encourage him. I may want to be the driver on his road of life, but yes, I know that I can't think of it as my responsibility. Yeah, I'm learning to take it slow. I think I really am going to take advantage of the time I have away from him to really spend time with God. So, thanks for the advice. :)

Upvote 0

lunalinda

Random. Raw. Real
Aug 18, 2003
Orlando, FL
✟19,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
*sigh* Desi, look, I'm sorry to say, but you completely misunderstood my post. I don't understand how you came to that conclusion, and I'm sorry if I said anything that confused you into making you think that it's an issue. Chances are, it was indeed my fault for not being clear enough. Even in detailed rambling, I can still slip up. So again, sorry. To clarify then, we're doing nothing of the sort. I already said in my first post that he's very respectful of me, and that he isn't pressuring me into doing what he wants, even in minor ways like eating at a restaurant that I don't feel like eating at, or something. I know I might appear to be naive, (it's been said to me sometimes) but I am not. Sure I have my weaknesses, but this is definitely not one of them. He was respectful in the beginning, and he still is now. Sometimes he feels as if he made a "mistake" even if he hasn't. You can just think of him as being more careful than he really has to (which I AM thankful for, of course). Sex has never been an issue with him. NEVER. He knows EXACTLY where I stand, after only one conversation, and has not ONCE tried to "bend" my decision. I was very clear to him, and he has no reason to question me because of it. I wasn't "vague" or "indecisive" or whatever, so I don't give him an excuse to try and change me, or "entice" me, or the like. And even if that's what he is trying to do (which it isn't, as I hope I've made clear by now), then I wouldn't be sitting here thinking about what *I* should do. I'd be in a much more easy situation if his respect for me in that way was nonexistent. I wouldn't even PONDER. I do understand what you're saying, and it does make sense, but most of it doesn't rightly apply to me, at least not for the reason you stated anyway. And yes, I know I can't change him. If I could, I wouldn't even be bothering to PRAY. I know God's the only one that can do it. So does this mean that I shouldn't be praying to Him to use me to help him? Or that I shouldn't even be trying to offer him the "light" in some way? Well, I do hope not. I'm not sure what to name my situation, but I certainly do not think of it as "messy," at least not in the way you perceive it to be. *sigh* I'm sorry if I sound angry or attacking. I was just a bit offended, and felt the urge to defend myself. I also feel like I'm being "judged" on false pretenses, which, as I said in my first post, I'm not too fond of. Sorry again, though, if it was all my own doing.

Upvote 0

lunalinda

Random. Raw. Real
Aug 18, 2003
Orlando, FL
✟19,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Slimfish, the thing with me is, I don't know WHAT God is telling me, so that's why I'll take E-Beth's advice and have fellowship. I wish I can just hear Him right next to me just like I hear the TV or something, but I guess it doesn't work that way. *sigh* I don't know what else to say in response, though. I feel like pulling my hair right now. I can't stand my inability to talk to people, Christian or not, about what's on my mind. But at least I'm starting SOMEWHERE. I made a thread here. Before, I wouldn't bother telling anyone. *sigh* So I dunno...I'll try and work on it. Worse comes to worse, I'll just purposely end things with us, but the reason will be because I can't deal with it. And that's just so selfish of me, or so it would feel that way. To me, that's like saying that God, through me, doesn't have what it takes to win this. Alone, I already feel exhausted with all the stuff I "need" or "should" do, but I still thank you for helping me to be aware. That's it for today...gotta go...

Upvote 0

desi

Aug 20, 2003
La Vista
✟4,540.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
lunalinda said:
*sigh* Desi, look, I'm sorry to say, but you completely misunderstood my post. I don't understand how you came to that conclusion, and I'm sorry if I said anything that confused you into making you think that it's an issue. Chances are, it was indeed my fault for not being clear enough. Even in detailed rambling, I can still slip up. So again, sorry. To clarify then, we're doing nothing of the sort. I already said in my first post that he's very respectful of me, and that he isn't pressuring me into doing what he wants, even in minor ways like eating at a restaurant that I don't feel like eating at, or something. I know I might appear to be naive, (it's been said to me sometimes) but I am not. Sure I have my weaknesses, but this is definitely not one of them. He was respectful in the beginning, and he still is now. Sometimes he feels as if he made a "mistake" even if he hasn't. You can just think of him as being more careful than he really has to (which I AM thankful for, of course). Sex has never been an issue with him. NEVER. He knows EXACTLY where I stand, after only one conversation, and has not ONCE tried to "bend" my decision. I was very clear to him, and he has no reason to question me because of it. I wasn't "vague" or "indecisive" or whatever, so I don't give him an excuse to try and change me, or "entice" me, or the like. And even if that's what he is trying to do (which it isn't, as I hope I've made clear by now), then I wouldn't be sitting here thinking about what *I* should do. I'd be in a much more easy situation if his respect for me in that way was nonexistent. I wouldn't even PONDER. I do understand what you're saying, and it does make sense, but most of it doesn't rightly apply to me, at least not for the reason you stated anyway. And yes, I know I can't change him. If I could, I wouldn't even be bothering to PRAY. I know God's the only one that can do it. So does this mean that I shouldn't be praying to Him to use me to help him? Or that I shouldn't even be trying to offer him the "light" in some way? Well, I do hope not. I'm not sure what to name my situation, but I certainly do not think of it as "messy," at least not in the way you perceive it to be. *sigh* I'm sorry if I sound angry or attacking. I was just a bit offended, and felt the urge to defend myself. I also feel like I'm being "judged" on false pretenses, which, as I said in my first post, I'm not too fond of. Sorry again, though, if it was all my own doing.

Sorry I mistook your meaning, ooops. It sounds like he is a nice guy, good for you! Take what I said earlier and reverse most of it. Your situation is actually better than most single Christians I know. You are in a great position with a nice guy who respects you without you putting out. A nice guy with reservations about Christianity is better than a self professed Christian who is a hypocrite. Would he be receptive to joining you in activities with other Christians? Perhaps if you double date and hang out with down to earth Christian friends it will help to ease him into Christianity and help you grow in your faith with fellow Christians. Praying for God's guidance is primary but hanging with the right kind of people will help too. Again I apologize for misinterpreting your original post.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lunalinda

Random. Raw. Real
Aug 18, 2003
Orlando, FL
✟19,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Whew, it's okay, Desi; all is well. :) I was hoping I didn't come off as too angry and "vengeful," but even if I did, I appreciate a "non-thrashing" response from ya. Heh, I guess I forgot for a split second that this whole forum is full of Christians. I've been in other non-Christian forums for far too long I'd say. Sorry again if I went a wee bit overboard. :)

At any rate, you have a wonderful point. Much of my friends who are Christians, however, are friends of the family that I grew up with. I don't really have any Christian friends to double date with, (cuz most of the ones I know are single, heh) but at least the families are still Christians. He's met one set of family, and we spent some time in their presence for awhile. When I asked him what he thought of them, he told me that he enjoyed himself in their company, and liked them right away. He even says that he likes my own family, and at times seemed to have wanted to spend more time with them than he did with me. Hehe. There unfortunately hasn't been much opportunity to get him to meet our other Christian friends of the family, because he still has that hassle of work. I do think he'd be receptive, however, when other opportunities come, get-togethers and such. All of the people he's met on my side of the fence has taken a liking to him, and he to them. Seriously, the main "hindrances" to all of this are his work, his own friends, and his inability to turn them down. They demand much of his time and attention. Anyway, yes, what you say makes total sense, and thank you for everything you said. He really is a nice guy...sometimes he can even be TOO nice. And the times when he's just being normal seem so "mean" cuz he's so nice otherwise. He's a puzzle. But then, so am I.

Upvote 0

lunalinda

Random. Raw. Real
Aug 18, 2003
Orlando, FL
✟19,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
E-beth said:
luna, if you ever need to talk one on one, PM me and I will help all I can :)
Thanks sooooo much. I'll keep that in mind. You, as well as everyone else, have been a great help this far. Things with the bf and I are still kind of "shaky" at the moment. I haven't seen him in the literal sense in about 2 weeks; we've only been talking by phone. There just hasn't been much opportunity for us to see each other, and when there is, he gets snagged up by his friends first. I feel a tad uncomfy with the lack of sacrifice he makes on my behalf (sacrifice being choosing me over his friends for once). I wanna know what's on his mind about us, cuz his words say one thing, but his actions, or lack thereof, say something not quite the same. So yeah, I needs to have long talks with the guy. It's that darn work (and now college) of his that keeps me from picking a solid day though! *sigh!* But, as I said before, even if we aren't a couple, I'd still like him to have God! He doesn't know how much his spirit aches for Him.

Upvote 0