With God ALL things are possible
Oct 18, 2007
British columbia Canada
✟45,576.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I keep coming across this scripture and wanted to see what other people think of this verse where the Lord says this to Paul.

2Corinthians 12;9

And He said to me.My grace is sufficient for you,for power is perfected in weakness.Most gladly therefore,I will rather boast about my weaknesses,that the power of Christ may dwell in me.

G

GodDreamer

I keep coming across this scripture and wanted to see what other people think of this verse where the Lord says this to Paul.

2Corinthians 12;9

And He said to me.My grace is sufficient for you,for power is perfected in weakness.Most gladly therefore,I will rather boast about my weaknesses,that the power of Christ may dwell in me.

This is a hard verse for me....especially seeing I always want to know the why behind things that go wrong in my life...or during times of suffering...mainly because I want to take comfort in knowing that good will come out of the situation...in my mind it makes the suffering bearable. However here I think God is just reminding us that we don't need to know the why....and we won't always know why....but we can rest in the fact that His grace is sufficient for us....we need to rest in that promise and draw our strength from that instead of always trying to be in control of everything.

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

singing my hallelujah song
Feb 22, 2005
the wings of a snow white dove
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
thank you for the video, ms ... you're always so good to me and give me such good Words from the Lord, I really wanted to be able to do that for you ... however, this is a verse that escapes me ... I've dwelt on it from time to time ... I know what it means to me, but that's as far as it goes ... so wanted to bump your thread hoping someone would come along and add more ... I'm really in a place where I believe a collective view has a very real place ... good thread topic :) :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums