• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

My friend committed suicide.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

devoted daughter

Mar 14, 2004
✟14,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marie said:
Thank you very much. :)

I have a question- does it make sense to pray for someone who is already dead? I prayed for him many times since he died, but, does it make sense?
Yes! :clap: I think it is something we should do, as death is not the end, but a re-birth, where I believe we continue to learn. I am deeply sorry for the pain you must feel. I've had 4 friends commit suicide. I empathize! It can be so confusing, on top of the pain.
:pray: You will be in my prayers, as will your friend, and his family and friends.
May GOd give you all His comfort and guidance, May you have peace as you come to understand, forgive, and greive. :pray:
Have patience, and remain prayerful. :hug:
God Bless

Upvote 0

seangoh

Veteran
Dec 10, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
✟16,661.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Hi Marie, i'm very sorry to hear that.
There's a funeral sermon by Paul in the Bible. It's in 1 Thess 4:13-18

Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope. We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. According to the Lord’s own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage each other with these words.

We have this hope of the ressurection when we'll be reunited with our loved ones. May the Lord come soon.

Upvote 0

bnkessler

Jul 7, 2004
Oregon
Visit site
✟274.00
Faith
Christian
Wow, I am really sorry to hear this. What a horrible thing to happen. I am sorry that she was never able to find another way out of the torture she felt inside. But she can live on, even if she is not physically there to see. Through the memories you share, and the things you learned from her, she can live on through you.

In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity - Einstein

Love,
Briana

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.