My fiancee and God

Jayjangle

Feb 4, 2014
✟15,398.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
A year ago, God blessed me with a woman who is strong in faith and understanding of my personal struggles. When I met her, I was a sinful mess; I was drinking all the time, I could not forgive those who hurt me in the past, and I was angry at God for my circumstances. Despite all of these things, she has stood by me, and in the last several months I have become closer to God, forgiven those who hurt me, and have begun seriously working on my vices and learning to trust God more.

In the last few months I have decided to give God another chance, and I have grown closer to Him. While in the past I feared everything in life falling out of order by placing God first in my life, everything has instead fallen into place; me and my fiancee are stronger than ever, my job is really looking up, I am less anxious, and my other interpersonal relationships have grown stronger. It is as if I am being blessed for facing my deepest fears of losing everything by trusting more in the Lord, even though I had never anticipated that this would ever be the case.

The reason I make this post is that, despite my progress as a Christian, I feel I am still under attack by Satan in regards to my insecurities and willingness to oppose my fleshly habits that I had developed over many years of trauma and dysfunction in my family. When things start looking up, I instantly start getting memories of the things that went wrong in my life and I sort of lose myself in my thought processes and my outlook on life and the afterlife.

It's gotten better over the last few months, but it still hits me once in a while. My fiancee always prays over me and wants me to discuss with her every spiritual struggle I face, but at times I struggle with understanding what is appropriate to bring up with her and what I should keep between me and God. As my fiancee in Christ, what things might I ask her to assist me with, and what things must I only trust in God to do?

B

Brandon25

Howdy JayJangle,

I read your post and here is my advice. Me and my fiancé know everything about each others past, and this is because I wanted our relationship to be completely transparent. I have even shared my insecurities, and what I have found though.. that yes you should share your insecurities with your fiancé so she knows how to pray for you, but only after you have taken it to the Lord first.

I strongly suggest you get plugged into a strong church, and search for a spiritual mentor that can help you grow and confront these insecurities. I am positive that the church pastor will know exactly how to get you connected. I had a spiritual mentor and not only did he become one of my really good friends, but he is also my best man at me and my fiancés wedding. Me and my Mentor did life together, and he taught me so much about God's word.

This is just my personal opinion that worked for me! Continue to Seek God my friend!!!!

Reactions: Tammy
Upvote 0

JojotheBeloved

Part of the Family
Apr 18, 2014
✟8,622.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I agree with Brandon25. Be honest with your fiancé. If she is to be of any help to you in life, every part of life because you will be doing all of life together as one unit once you're married, than she will need to know how best she can help you. You have to be able to tell her how she can help you and what she can pray for on your behalf. But she is not your Savior. Jesus is your Savior and you also need to be aware of that and take your heart - with all its insecurities and troubles - to Him. Let Jesus be your strength. Let Jesus be your Savior. Let Jesus be your fortress, redeemer, friend, ally in all things. Your fiancé can help you with a lot, but she is limited, so it's good for both of you to find a strong community and support system for yourselves and your relationship together.

Upvote 0