Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Some movies have come out in recent time that things are not all bad. Some of them are:
1) Jesus Music
2) Jesus Revolution

And though this movie isn't closely tied to Christianity, it is worth mentioning:
3) Sound of Freedom
I will have to put those three movies on my list, even though I am not an Evangelical :)

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I will have to put those three movies on my list, even though I am not an Evangelical

Sound of Freedom isn't really Evangelical at all. In fact, all it really has in it relating to Christianity are a few lines about God and a verse or two. It's not about Christianity at all. But for sure check it out! I was fighting tears through much of it!

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Sound of Freedom isn't really Evangelical at all. In fact, all it really has in it relating to Christianity are a few lines about God and a verse or two. It's not about Christianity at all. But for sure check it out! I was fighting tears through much of it!
thanks for the info! :)

Upvote 0

Beslowtoanger

Carrying my cross daily
Aug 25, 2023
Midlands
✟8,837.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
None taken - Ben Hur is difficult to follow and LONG, must be watched a few times at least .... is it a real Christian film. I guess it depends on the audience, 50/50 but I think so.

The Plot:

The Ten Commandments - another great story and movie. Passover hmmm.
I’m sure there is a scene in this where Jesus offers him a cup of water when in bondage? If my memory serves me correctly it’s done so well with shadow and fear of the Roman guards.

Upvote 0

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’m sure there is a scene in this where Jesus offers him a cup of water when in bondage? If my memory serves me correctly it’s done so well with shadow and fear of the Roman guards.
Yes - and Juda Ben-Hur tries to do the same for Jesus when he is carrying the cross.

Reactions: Beslowtoanger
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
3 hours of story surrounding 30 seconds. :)
Come on now, a little more than 30 seconds, the ending was great: :D

As Judah witnesses Jesus' crucifixion, Miriam and Tirzah, sheltered in a cave with Esther during a violent storm, are miraculously cured.

Judah, freed of hate, returns to his house and finds them. Embracing, the four rejoice at the miracle.

Upvote 0

Sif

Nov 11, 2015
Rocky Mountain Region
✟307,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
King David (1985). Follows the Biblical account well, for a film. Its major drawback, in my opinion, is it's too short and leave a lot of detail out.

For those interested I believe it is on Amazon Prime.

There is good information on IMDB

Upvote 0

Berserk

Oct 15, 2011
✟44,678.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
(1) "The Mission" (starring Robert DeNiro and Jeremy Irons). This movie won first prize at the prestigious Cannes Film Festival and was voted the Best Movie ever on a Spritual Theme by the British Film Academy.
(2) "The Shadowlands" (starring Anthony Hopkins as famed Christian writer, C. S. Lewis)
(3) "Les Miserables" (the version starring Liam Neeson)
(4) "The Song of Bernadette" (Jennifer Jones won an Academy Award for her performance as the visionary girl, Bernadette, whose visions led to the founding of the healing spring at Lourdes.)
(5) "Beyond the Next Mountain" (a Christian movie with poor production values, but with the most incredible true story of a jungle boy's search for a British missionary who was forced to abandon his missionary work with the boy's tribe in northeastern India.)
(6) Jesus Revolution"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,621.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Book Of Eli…..Denzil Washington, great concept
This was just on the other night. I saw about the last half.

Interesting how the main characters viewed the power of the book differently.

Upvote 0