My ex trying to take my youngest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Faith:

I am praying for you, your children, your ex and his new wife. May Jesus be glorified through even this difficult situation.

This is a situation that is VERY close to home for me...been there, done that! One thought...was your husband ordered to pay support formally in the final divorce decree? Or was the support agreement an informal one just between the two of you?

I have found, in my situation, that my ex has to be held accountable. I usually let the state child support agency handle it for me. Don't know how you feel about this, but it was explained to me by friends and my attorney (who is a Believer) that I was charged with overseeing whether my ex complied with the legal aspects of the divorce decree. And that to overlook his ignoring the law when I had been charged with that responsibility for my child, would be disobedience to God's command to "obey the law of the land". This is never a pleasant thing to have to do, and I had to have my arm twisted to even THINK about letting the authorities know that my ex wasn't complying with the support order.

I know nothing of the details of your divorce, so I don't know if you even have an enforceable support order for your children. I just wanted to throw in my "two cents worth"! If it helped, O.K., if not...hey, just ignore the above paragraph ( ;) ). I will definitely be praying, though! :pray:

In Him,

Eternity :wave:

Upvote 0

Faith0263

Bapticostal
Feb 14, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟15,405.00
Faith
Baptist
Hey Eternity! Thanks SO much for sharing..and for your prayers. In the papers, we agreed since our oldest was with him and our youngest with me, cs would be a wash so we both agreed that if we needed something from one another we'd just do it. And that has worked fine up until now. He's decided he wants our youngest to come and live with them. EVEN tho he woulda had to pay alot longer than me seeing that the oldest will be 18 in 2 yrs and the youngest is only 10, I STILL agreed. Kinda silly of me but I knew he wouldn't pay regular. He never NEVER has with any of his 5 girls. It's really not about the money tho I just don't want to have to go thru everything it will entail if he goes to court to try anything ya know? She <the youngest> has already said she wants to stay and live with me. So he's just going to alienate her like he has the rest of his children. :( Prayfully, he will let it drop when he sees he's just causing our kids more pain.

Again, ty for the kind words etc. and your prayers. Hope that made sense what I was trying to explain lol.

Upvote 0
Faith:

I know those feelings well! Don't know about the law in your state, but where we live, your daughter is getting into the age group where the court usually listens to their wishes in these matters. Still in prayer for you, your daughters, your ex and his new wife...and any "authorities" (i.e. the court) that may become involved if this your ex decides to take it to the next step. Keep me posted so I can continue to pray with specifics! :pray:

In Him,

Eternity
:wave:

Upvote 0

Faith0263

Bapticostal
Feb 14, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟15,405.00
Faith
Baptist
I sure will ty Eternity. And ex_christian you pm'd me and you have pm's blocked so I couldn't even respond. You also said you can't post on here? Are you banned? Because even if you aren't a christian you can still post. That's why they have these forums. I'd really like to talk with you too.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.