Visit site
✟441,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
My ex is a master manipulator of my children.
He had told me in the past if I ever left him he would turn my kids against me.

This dude is cruel and although I often shielded them from him and told them to honor him, they used to ask me to leave him because they saw his cruelty.

Well since the divorce [and annulment] they have all slowly turned away from me.
He has called me crazy, and you name it. Saying, I suppose, I acted like a victim of my own making.

They have said I did it for money [he told them] but I walked away with almost nothing.
He says so much that every time my son who lives with me visits him he comes home angry, upset etc.

I used to stand up to him when he was outrageously angry ready to beat on my kids with fists. he put holes in walls. Now he goes after them emotionally and mentally and directs all the problems as my doing.

I stayed for my kids for 21 years and he still attacks me.
I explained to my kids he has issues but pray for him, honor him, love him.
I'm not getting the same back.

So pray for my kids because they are under attack to say such vicious things to me.

The Righterzpen

Jesus is my Shield in any Desert or Storm
Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,607.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
When your children become of age; they will have to make up their own minds as to what type of relationship they will have with both of you. It's hard now; although becoming adults should give them the space they need to work this whole thing through in their own heads. (Take comfort in the fact that part of human development of the aging process; is that we do decide to think for ourselves.) My son (now 21) deals with this issue (of the disparity of how each parent treated him) himself and his dad has been deceased now for 6 years.

I'll pray for peace and wisdom for you and that God grant discernment to your children.

• Friendly
Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My ex is a master manipulator of my children.
He had told me in the past if I ever left him he would turn my kids against me.

This dude is cruel and although I often shielded them from him and told them to honor him, they used to ask me to leave him because they saw his cruelty.

Well since the divorce [and annulment] they have all slowly turned away from me.
He has called me crazy, and you name it. Saying, I suppose, I acted like a victim of my own making.

They have said I did it for money [he told them] but I walked away with almost nothing.
He says so much that every time my son who lives with me visits him he comes home angry, upset etc.

I used to stand up to him when he was outrageously angry ready to beat on my kids with fists. he put holes in walls. Now he goes after them emotionally and mentally and directs all the problems as my doing.

I stayed for my kids for 21 years and he still attacks me.
I explained to my kids he has issues but pray for him, honor him, love him.
I'm not getting the same back.

So pray for my kids because they are under attack to say such vicious things to me.
Your children who are probably now in their teens or even adults will make their own choices so you are on your own. Your actions will speak of your character. I had an X that spoke badly of me but over time my children understood why I had to leave. Blessings.

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
TY my youngest told me he loved me [He is 23]
He has said he won't say that to me because of the influence not to because I was to blame he was told for the end of the marriage.
I finally left after a 1.5 years of amnesia from a trauma my ex did.

All that said; I do pray for my ex.
I don't condone non forgiveness but forgiving abuse is easier being away from the constant attacks.
Although I did forgive him all the time, it only showed how much I could accept and it did not help my children.

They are all messed up. I got messed up.
Our world is seeing a mess because abuse is on the rise.

• Friendly
Reactions: Chrystal-J
Upvote 0