Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Again, if you knew how DNA worked then you wouldn't say this, we could literally have 100% different DNA and still be functionally identical to another organism that looked and acted identical.
Missed this, did you?

My Snowman Challenge II
Bugeyedcreepy said:
So, in light of the evidence, I have to say if your God is real, and he created us specially and independently, he's intentionally misleading us to think Evolution is real.
If God wanted to intentionally mislead you, you wouldn't know it.

I don't call it "intentionally misleading" when He documented what He did, when He did it, where He did it, how He did it, what order He did it in, how long it took Him to do it, why it took Him that long, and who the eyewitnesses were, including some of their names.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Snowmen have DNA?

I don't call it "intentionally misleading" when He documented what He did, when He did it, where He did it, how He did it, what order He did it in, how long it took Him to do it, why it took Him that long, and who the eyewitnesses were, including some of their names.

If God wanted to intentionally mislead you, would you know it?

Upvote 0

Bugeyedcreepy

Jun 7, 2016
Canberra, Australia
✟88,248.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
nope, didn't miss it.

It is "intentionally misleading" if his creation completely falsifies everything that unknown authors claiming to speak for your God wrote down several thousand years ago.
If God wanted to intentionally mislead you, would you know it?
It's plainly obvious he's been misled and his God doesn't care that we all know it... :|

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
nope, didn't miss it.

It is "intentionally misleading" if his creation completely falsifies everything that unknown authors claiming to speak for your God wrote down several thousand years ago.

It's plainly obvious he's been misled and his God doesn't care that we all know it... :|

Perhaps God intends to use him as an object lesson...

• Haha
Reactions: Bugeyedcreepy
Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟88,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh yeah, I want a text source that details his views to review, since doing it with videos is extra time consuming and makes me more prone to errors.

Oh yeah. I do not know if text is available, but I can check.
I'm on it. :)

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟88,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Except Jesus explicitly states in the NT that he is NOT removing or changing any of the old laws.

That's true, I remember reading that. But I got the impression that it wasn't specifically about all the old rabbinical laws, because there were more than 600 of them. It was also stated in the NT, that , the commandments can be all summed up into two. Love the Lord God with all your heart, soul and mind...and to love our Brothers as our self.
So I don't think that...I need a prayer shawl, or have to count my steps on the Sabbath and all that.

Make sense?

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I know how you feel. :)

An atheist would never selectively notice or focus upon evidence which tends to support the things they already believe or want to be true while ignoring that evidence which would serve to disconfirm those beliefs or ideas.

Are you sure about this?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Tell me how a person goes from Christian to atheist.
Rather than ignore all the doubts and questions, I attempted to gain a comprehensive understanding of religion and the power of belief, applied the 'outsider's test,' and eventually realized I was atheist.

Upvote 0

_-iconoclast-_

I live by faith in the Son of God.
Feb 10, 2017
Earth
✟37,686.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Value-nihilist, I deny the existance of metaphysics.

Hey hey :)

Would you say that stealing from someone, for whatever reason, is neither inherently right nor inherently wrong?

Cheers 'he who feels concern or interest; attachs importance to something.' :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

_-iconoclast-_

Feb 10, 2017
Earth
✟37,686.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
It doesn't. Doesn't hurt me either.

Hey psychopathic noblewoman :D

"Nothing more humbling though than being an insignificant, transient speck on a water covered rock that has no ultimate purpose, though"

Good - to be desired or approved of.

So this attitude - too small or unimportant to be worth consideration - is a desired way of thinking?

Cheers

Upvote 0

Bugeyedcreepy

Jun 7, 2016
Canberra, Australia
✟88,248.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So this attitude - too small or unimportant to be worth consideration - is a desired way of thinking?
It isn't a desired way of thinking. This is just observed reality, no matter how we feel about it...

Upvote 0

_-iconoclast-_

Feb 10, 2017
Earth
✟37,686.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
It isn't a desired way of thinking. This is just observed reality, no matter how we feel about it...

Hey hey bugs.

Thank you for your reply. We got too much to talk about as it is. :)

Please excuse me. You reply is the equivalent to me saying to you 'it is because it is'.

Upvote 0

VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,687.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Hey hey :)

Would you say that stealing from someone, for whatever reason, is neither inherently right nor inherently wrong?

Cheers 'he who feels concern or interest; attachs importance to something.' :)

There are no rights/wrong/good/evil. Only opinions.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,953,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There are no rights/wrong/good/evil.
Well that should insure every child aces their math tests, no matter what they put down as an answer.

0/0=1

Upvote 0