Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Water water everywhere but not a drop to drink. I think this at least in part has to do with the time Paul was shipwrecked.
No. 1 Corinthians 4 says that it was in that very hour and not just when he was shipwrecked. It's not a thirst for water. That doesn't make sense. It's a thirst we wee in Romans 8 in my opinion. It's a thirst for redemption.

1 Corinthians 4:11 To this very hour we go hungry and thirsty, we are in rags, we are brutally treated, we are homeless. 12 We work hard with our own hands. When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it; 13 when we are slandered, we answer kindly. We have become the scum of the earth, the garbage of the world—right up to this moment.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟76,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
It's wrong to think this that refers to physical beauty. Are ugly people cursed in your thinking?
The scripture talks about ALL beauty. ALL means ALL in the bible. Everything we consider beautiful. You asked me a question how we determine beauty and I said it has to do with proportion. All has to be precise and perfectly balanced. I do not think God makes anyone more or less beautiful than anyone else. Nor do I think beauty has anything to do with age. You can be beautiful at the age of 8 or the age of 80 and everything in between. I knew a girl that had three daughters and she would teach them that they needed to fix themselves up and do all they can to make themselves look good.

I think it has to do with the on off switches in the DNA when we are formed in our mothers womb. (Psalm 139 16) I actually have studied this quite a bit. This has to do with everything being in the right proportions. Beauty and math are both processed by the orbitofrontal cortex.

Of course the Bible talks about inner beauty and people are to do all they can to develop their inner beauty. 1 Peter 3

3Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair or gold jewelry or fine clothes, 4but from the inner disposition of your heart, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in God’s sight. 5For this is how the holy women of the past adorned themselves.

1715489074748.png

Attachments

• 1715488929359.png
    1715488929359.png
    1,009.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟55,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Water water everywhere but not a drop to drink. I think this at least in part has to do with the time Paul was shipwrecked.
It seems and is likely the natives had plenty of water, and sources of water.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟55,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think it has to do with the on off switches in the DNA when we are formed in our mothers womb.
Only partly, and unimportant I think. Worldly, fleshly, carnal thinking.
==============================================
In God's Word, All Scripture , Who Creates us in our mother's womb ? GOD! Surprised ???

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it has to do with the on off switches in the DNA when we are formed in our mothers womb. I actually have studied this quite a bit. This has to do with everything being in the right proportions. Beauty and math are both processed by the orbitofrontal cortex.

View attachment 347690
Jesus was ugly according to Isaiah 53

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟76,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Jesus was ugly according to Isaiah 53
In these verses, the focus is on the servant's lack of outward attractiveness and his experience of rejection and suffering. However, this passage does not provide specific details about the servant's physical appearance or whether he was considered "ugly."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now you want to talk about living water?
I don't want to talk with you about this further. It's starting to feel like a game instead of edification and learning. That's usually how debate ends up.

• Agree
Reactions: Aaron112
Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now you want to talk about living water?
1 Corinthians 4, Luke 6, Matthew 6 and Ecclesiastes 7 teach us that thirst is normal fir followers of Christ while the ungodly are well fed and at ease

"Therefore his people return here,
And waters of a full cup are drained by them"

Psalms 73:4 For there are no pangs in their death,
But their strength is firm.
5 They are not in trouble as other men,
Nor are they plagued like other men.
6 Therefore pride serves as their necklace;
Violence covers them like a garment.
7 Their eyes bulge with abundance;
They have more than heart could wish.
8 They scoff and speak wickedly concerning oppression;
They speak loftily.
9 They set their mouth against the heavens,
And their tongue walks through the earth.
10 Therefore his people return here,
And waters of a full cup are drained by them.
11 And they say, “How does God know?
And is there knowledge in the Most High?”
12 Behold, these are the ungodly,
Who are always at ease;
They increase in riches.
13 Surely I have cleansed my heart in vain,
And washed my hands in innocence.
14 For all day long I have been plagued,
And chastened every morning.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟76,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I don't want to talk with you about this further. It's starting to feel like a game instead of edification and learning. That's usually how debate ends up.
I am just trying to help you. But if your not interested I will leave you alone.
It looks like you and me are not talking about the same thing.

• Wow
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟126,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The scripture talks about ALL beauty. ALL means ALL in the bible. Everything we consider beautiful. You asked me a question how we determine beauty and I said it has to do with proportion. All has to be precise and perfectly balanced. I do not think God makes anyone more or less beautiful than anyone else. Nor do I think beauty has anything to do with age. You can be beautiful at the age of 8 or the age of 80 and everything in between. I knew a girl that had three daughters and she would teach them that they needed to fix themselves up and do all they can to make themselves look good.

I think it has to do with the on off switches in the DNA when we are formed in our mothers womb. (Psalm 139 16) I actually have studied this quite a bit. This has to do with everything being in the right proportions. Beauty and math are both processed by the orbitofrontal cortex.

Of course the Bible talks about inner beauty and people are to do all they can to develop their inner beauty. 1 Peter 3

3Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair or gold jewelry or fine clothes, 4but from the inner disposition of your heart, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in God’s sight. 5For this is how the holy women of the past adorned themselves.

View attachment 347690
Speaking of beauty, this actress from the UK is beautiful. She is Freema Agyeman (also a Catholic), who is popular on British television. :) We are all equally beautiful in God's eyes, but Freema is very beautiful in my opinion, especially with her straight hair as in Law and Order. Gonna have to watch that show when I get done with Star Trek DS9.

1715491989553.jpeg

• Wow
Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Speaking of beauty, this actress from the UK is beautiful. She is Freema Agyeman (also a Catholic), who is popular on British television. :) We are all equally beautiful in God's eyes, but Freema is very beautiful in my opinion, especially with her straight hair as in Law and Order. Gonna have to watch that show when I get done with Star Trek DS9.

View attachment 347694

She has a mind, heart and a soul. Why do we note her outward appearance? It's like telling ugly people that they are worth less than her. It's like showing rich men as better people than the poor.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟126,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
She has a mind, heart and a soul. Why do we note her outward appearance? It's like telling ugly people that they are worth less than her. It's like showing rich men as better people than the poor.
We are all equally beautiful. Just saying, as a young guy, I have a crush on her. Most young guys have crushes.

• Wow
Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are all equally beautiful. Just saying, as a young guy, I have a crush on her. Most young guys have crucrushes
I had a crush on many girls. It wasn't a good thing in my opinion.

Upvote 0