Veteran
Oct 7, 2005
✟17,991.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
April 5, 2007
All day long I had contemplated and rehearsed what should be a minor thing but what could become a potentially volatile situation concerning my nephew. Not wanting to make any huge mistakes, I talked over the situation with my husband. By the end of the day, I had things perfectly scripted. On the way home, I said a little prayer “Lord, place your hand on this situation”.
Time had come. We were all in the same room and calmly I asked him “what are the rules about the computer”. Excuses were just starting and I said “Ricky you wanna….”. Suddenly he springs from the couch and announces, “Let’s do it this way”. My head spins around and a shrill “What!!!!” pops in my mind. I know my mouth flew open and I immediately hit instant replay. Before my eyes, King Ricky rises from his throne…….. trumpets blaring………….. and he waltzes across the red carpet that I had just thrown with those three little words. Note to self: don’t invite a control freak to your party. We made it through the discussion much better than I had expected and Ricky had stayed in control and amazingly calm. Within fifteen minutes the discussion was over and we were all laughing.
April 6, 2007
This morning while I was praying, the Lord brought to mind the events of the night before.
I said, “Lord, did you seeeee what he did?”
One word came to mind. “Submission”
At the mere thought of the word and like any two year old, I rolled my eyes and slightly stuck my out tongue not daring to let it part my lips.
He chuckled but He knew what I’d done.
“But Lord, I had it all planned, and……..”
“You asked Me to place My hand on the situation”.
“But I meant……”
“What was your prayer?”
“Yeah, but….”
Sad but true. Several things come to mind as I think about this. First the flesh always wants to be in control. Second, Proverbs 19:21, we can make plans all day long but in the end God will prevail. Third, 1 Peter chapter three, God has a plan of protection and if we follow His plan, things work out much more smoothly.
Original by C.Sparks