Farmington
✟23,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Excerpts from William Penn, "Salvation From Sin by Christ Alone," Preached August 12, 1694 at the Quakers Meetinghouse, Gracechurch Street, London:

(Text in quotes is Penns. Text in Parenthesis is my commentary. This was written in the course of emails to a friend back in November '23)

"Let us all come to Christ, and let none deceive themselves, and live in their sins, and yet think to come to heaven."

(Oh how true that is; and I once was of those deceived, for Scripture is clear what sins cause one to not inherit the kingdom: for the drunkard shall not inherit nor see the kingdom of God, neither the fornicator or adulterer; and I was habitually doing these at the same time, still thinking I was ok?
the demon is tricky and 'tis a LIAR! Let us not test nor tempt the Almighty, Yahweh.)

"They that have the saving knowledge of God and Christ Jesus, which is life eternal, they will walk in a correspondent and suitable manner to that knowledge, and be holy in all manner of conversation."

(1 Pet 1:15-16) Here the Preacher is saying you'll know true believers by their fruits. A truly saved person won't be giving off foulness and putridity! And, if such thoughts come to mind he shall wrestle to cast them down, appointing the Holy Word His proper place in heart, soul, and mind: pushing out intrusive thoughts of lust, revenge, covetous, etc, and filling himself with the Word of God, and being filled by the Spirit of God, with the Spirit of God.)

"There will not be only nominal Christians, but true Christians, Israelites indeed in whom there is no guile; they will receive Christ Jesus who is Gods gift, and know the operation of His power in their souls. These persons are fit to live and prepared to die; when Christ, who is their life, shall appear, they shall appear with Him in glory. When the sound of the last trumpet shall be heard at the end of the world, time shall be no more; Come away!"

(Having read Matthew 7:13-23 this morning (11/20/23), again, 'tis all about the fruits: for there are many bearing rotten and sour fruit, and fruit so bitter as that which causes sores within the mouth, that THINK they are saved, yet are they under strong delusion, are on the broad way leading to destruction. "Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins," the Psalmist says: Let us not then presume to sin as if taking advantage of grace and forgiveness, for the Scripture saith, "Whosoever abideth in him sinneth NOT; whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him," and, "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin." ~ 1 John 3:6 & 9)

"Unless thou knowest a dying to the world, and a being crucified with Christ, thou canst not have a well grounded hope of everlasting happiness. Therefore now, friends, examine yourselves about your title to heaven."

(If you haven't gone to church in awhile, if you've forsaken the assembling of yourselves together, it won't damn you to the depth of a fiery hell, but it can surely contribute to backsliding or lukewarmness, which can then lead to worse things. It's dangerous, period. A little leaven leavens the whole lump.)

"Thou must be purified in thy spirit, and baptised with the Holy Ghost, and with fire, and know the powerful operation of the Lord: they that have not the experience of the new birth, they cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
O my friends, set before you the example of Christ, who was holy, harmless, and undefiled; His life was glorious in holiness: and as it becomes you, so it highly concerns you, to be holy in all manner of conversation."

(Here he's quoting from Peter again: both 1 Peter 1:15-16 and 2 Peter 3:11 speak of being holy in all manner of conversation, which means lifestyle, not just speech. And 2 peter 3:11 leads into 12 about, "looking for and hasting the coming of the day of God," which thing I do diligently, and with zeal; for if there MUST BE war, and storms, and great upheavals to herald His return, then so be it: Thus I pray that way, and let the heavens be loosed to send all upon earth that must now need be sent. Amen!
Does not Isaiah cry, "Oh that thou wouldest rend the heavens, and come down, that the mountains might flow down at thy presence?" (Isa 64:1) Then why shouldn't we cry for that which MUST be to fulfill all things?
Revelation 1:1 - the revelation of Jesus Christ...to show the things which MUST shortly come to pass. Matthew 18:7 - For it MUST NEEDS BE that offences come... Mark 14:49 - The Scriptures MUST BE fulfilled. Rev. 22:6 - Things which MUST shortly BE DONE.
How many times in Matthew 24 does "shall" appear "Shall" means a promise, command, determination or a certainty about the future. 59 times "shall" appears. It's predictive 30 times in the purely predictive future sense, and it's used by Messiah Yeshua. "For then SHALL be..." "For then SHALL appear..." "And he SHALL send..." HalleluYAH!
Therefore I pray these things that MUST be and SHALL be, WILL BE, and that the day hasten in its arrival, as the Scriptures command! Even so, Come Lord Jesus! Amen.
The Patriarchs and Prophets saw the promises afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them (Heb. 11:13) Of salvation the prophets inquired and searched diligently. (1 Peter 1:10) Daniel was only shown so much, the rest of "the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end." (Dan. 12:9) But to John the angel says, "Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand." (Rev.22:10)

"For if you imitate not the life of Christ, you cannot be saved by His death: He came into the world, to redeem you from all iniquity, and to save you from sin and hell; labor to answer the dignity of your high and holy calling, with a conversation becoming the gospel of Christ, for you are called to glory and virtue."

(I discern this message from the last 1694 quote is for you, if you are just surviving and existing, but not thriving. Yahweh wants you to THRIVE. And it's for me too, as this message is VERY convicting!)

"Whatsoever troubles, temptations, and tribulations may attend you in your pilgrimage here below, if you be faithful and sincere, you will have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. In all your labors and travels on this earth, you may look up with joy for you have a serene heaven over your heads; let Christ be precious to you, open the door of your hearts to Him, who is the King of Glory: he is oppressed in the hearts of the unclean, but He is exalted and lifted up in the hearts of the faithful: Blessed are they that set Him upon the throne in their hearts! O learn of Christ to be meek and lowly: your humility will exalt Him, and will exalt you at the last: be faithful unto death and ye shall receive a crown of life. Those that have eternal life in their eye, and depend on Christ alone for salvation, they have laid a sure foundation. All other foundations will come to nothing: they are founded in time, and in time they will come to moulder away; But that city that God is the builder and maker of, that Abraham had in his eye, will never decay, nor moulder away; Let us have this always in our eye, that nothing may intercept our view."

(Powerful, true and convicting words that bear life 329 years after they were spoken. That's when you know the Spirit is in them, and the anointing was on the man preaching it. It is neither dead nor dry, but alive and flowing with the water of life! Such preaching is NEEDED in ALL churches. The Word like a hammer must be let fly to break the stony heart to pieces, pulverizing sin, and letting rivers of living water gush forth: Jeremiah speaks of the hammer, Ezekiel of the stony heart and cleansing water, and Jesus yeshua of the living water (Jer. 23:29, Ezek. 36:25-26, John 4:10-14 & 7:38)

"Friends, I beseech you, in the fear of God, "Look up unto Jesus, the GREAT MEDIATOR of the new covenant, the author and finisher of your faith: that by patient continuance in well doing, you may seek for glory, honor, immortality, and eternal life" Which you shall obtain, if you persevere to the end: "For he that endureth unto the end shall be saved."

(Yes, we need such preaching - not this one time prayer, easy grace, make light of sin gospel so prevalent today: ANOTHER GOSPEL preached by false prophets proclaiming a FALSE CHRIST, for indeed it was and is our Saviour Yeshua who says "For he that endureth to the end shall be saved," and also there are some, as the parable of the sower shows, BELIEVE FOR AWHILE, but in time of temptation, or persecution, or tribulation, fall away).

"I hope CHRIST JESUS, the GREAT SHEPHERD, will find some here this day, that have gone astray, and gather them with His divine arm, and keep them by His mighty power, through faith unto salvation. To Him be all praise, honor, glory, dominion, and thanksgiving: For He alone is worthy, who is God over all, blessed for ever and ever. Amen."