Nov 23, 2013
✟302,373.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Speciation is what I consider as horizontal evolution and not vertical....Micro-evolution rather than Macro-evolutionism.

Would you care to give us a concise definition of speciation then?

Technically you may call speciation as "macro"...but there really isn't any vertical evolution where there are new traits established that have evolved as new systems, organs, appendages etc.....which should have happened according to evo-theory if they are indeed that old.

Do you think that evolution must produce every single possible variation in order to be true? No. It will only produce variations if those variations provide some increased benefit.

Oh, and if you insist on examples of new organs, appendages or whatever, let me point you towards centipedes. They have between 15 and 177 pairs of legs, depending on the species. How did they gain or lose legs? By repeating body segments. Does that count as new appendages? Because it is.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh, and if you insist on examples of new organs, appendages or whatever, let me point you towards centipedes. They have between 15 and 177 pairs of legs, depending on the species. How did they gain or lose legs? By repeating body segments. Does that count as new appendages? Because it is.

The legs already existed....there is no new leg making information.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,373.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The legs already existed....there is no new leg making information.

No they weren't. A centipede with 17 pairs of legs does not have another 20 pairs of legs hidden away somewhere. You asked for an example of new limbs being created and I gave it. You don't get to move the goalposts now.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No they weren't. A centipede with 17 pairs of legs does not have another 20 pairs of legs hidden away somewhere. You asked for an example of new limbs being created and I gave it. You don't get to move the goalposts now.

The code to make them already exist.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,373.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ah, so you want something like a fly's halteres. The hind wings of a fly that have changed and are no longer wings but serve as balance organs. Don't tell me the code for them always existed, because they used to be wings, so the genetic code MUST have changed to make them what they are now. https://www.amentsoc.org/insects/fact-files/orders/diptera.html
All you have done is presented difference in the structures and assumed it was evolutionism. That's all.

Perhaps next you'll be pushing the blind cave fish.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,373.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
All you have done is presented difference in the structures and assumed it was evolutionism. That's all.

Perhaps next you'll be pushing the blind cave fish.

Evolutionism. lol. You act like it's a religion.

Very well. What would you count as an example of evidence supporting evolution?

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Evolutionism. lol. You act like it's a religion.

Very well. What would you count as an example of evidence supporting evolution?

The so-called evidence you presented didn't show the evolution of a BRAND new body part, appendage, system, organ etc...nor did it show any morphological change where one species has been reclassified as another species belonging to a different taxonomic rank of genus or family.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,373.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The so-called evidence you presented didn't show the evolution of a BRAND new body part, appendage, system, organ etc...nor did it show any morphological change where one species has been reclassified as another species belonging to a different taxonomic rank of genus or family.

So you think a cat suddenly being born with a tentacle, or one animal giving birth to a different species is what is needed to have evidence for evolution?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟351,586.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Evolutionism is, colloquially, belief in evolution, so it's not only possible, but widely held.

I think that -57 was talking more about the fact of evolution occurring as described in the literature of evolutionary science.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Evolutionism is, colloquially, belief in evolution, so it's not only possible, but widely held.

Can you demonstrate that evolutionism is possible? In your own words present smething a little deeper than the typical coloring book version evolutionist typically present?

I say you can't.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟351,586.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Can you demonstrate that evolutionism is possible? In your own words present smething a little deeper than the typical coloring book version evolutionist typically present?

I say you can't.

What is this 'colouring book version' of evolution you keep harping on about?

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟327,478.00
Faith
Atheist

I say you can't.
As I said, anyone who believes in evolution is an evolutionist, so it's obviously possible.

If you mean evolution, do you think that my being able, or not, to demonstrate that it's possible, has any bearing on whether it actually is possible?

And how do you think I could demonstrate the possibility of evolution over the internet - what would you accept as a demonstration?

Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.