Feb 7, 2002
*displaced* CA, soon to be AZ!
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The door was left open, and he got out. This is the third night he's been gone, and I really miss him.

This is foolish, I know. We have four cats. But this one is MINE. My kids gave him to me as a Valentine gift a couple of years ago. He bites HARD, loves to play, and he sleeps at the foot of my bed. Then, early in the morning before I get up, he comes up to me for cuddling and he purrs.

If you see a white, flame-point Siamese with blue eyes who answers to "Zircon," would you please send him home?

Peace,
~VOW

VOW

Feb 7, 2002
*displaced* CA, soon to be AZ!
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The Prodigal Cat is home. Filthy, too. He's always been an indoor cat, and he's been "fixed" but every now and again, the open door beckons.

It's so silly, being attached to such an independent creature as a cat.

I'm sure glad he's home, though.

Peace,
~VOW

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My cat was gone for three whole days once. He has never left since.

Humorously, he used to get out all the time. As soon as he realized he was "out", he had a simple strategy: Sit absolutely still. If you hear a noise, mew piteously. Daddy will fix it.

So, I'd come out, and there he'd be, three feet from the window, petrified with fear, mewing piteously until I brought him back into the house.

There must be a wonderful metaphor for sin in here somewhere.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LilyLamb

The Lord is My Shepherd
Feb 5, 2002
Virginia
Visit site
✟1,180.00
Just now seeing this ...

VOW - glad to see your prodigal cat came home ... we have more in common ... I have a flame point (if by that you mean the red lynx siamese), too ... his name is BIZCO, which is Spanish for cross-eyed ... which makes for some funny moments when he sits there looking at you and moves his eyes back/forth trying to figure out which image is the real one :lol

Seebs - metaphor indeed! great analogy!

As for bathing a cat, unfortunately my DD's orange tabby is so large that he requires a monthly bath (especially in the rear area) ugh!

My Himalayan LOVES to take a bath ... she LOVES water period, especially running water ... she has hopped in the shower with us ... races to the sink and begs us to turn the faucet on for her ... I don't bathe her very often though as I don't want to dry out her skin (although I use a conditioning shampoo/conditioner). Her name is Jangle (took three days to come up with that name - and in the meantime she is crying incesstantly - which the definition means incesstant noise LOL - and as soon as I dubbed her Jangle she stopped crying ... but she is still quite vocal).

Hope I didn't bore anyone with all of this ... I love to talk about my cats :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.