Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
At the very end of July is when I'll finally be getting my sacraments and will become a member of the Catholic Church! I'm so excited!! The day can't come fast enough, and yet I must be patient. Oh, but it brings me such joy that I'll finally be able to participate in the taking of the Eucharist, going to Confession, and getting Baptized! I'm going to say some prayers in thanksgiving. I've been waiting for this day for over two years now and it's finally here. I'm so grateful and excited. :)

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
At the very end of July is when I'll finally be getting my sacraments and will become a member of the Catholic Church! I'm so excited!! The day can't come fast enough, and yet I must be patient. Oh, but it brings me such joy that I'll finally be able to participate in the taking of the Eucharist, going to Confession, and getting Baptized! I'm going to say some prayers in thanksgiving. I've been waiting for this day for over two years now and it's finally here. I'm so grateful and excited. :)
Congratulations and welcome! May God guide and strengthen you on your journey. :)

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
twf-receiving-communion01.png

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I'm happy to see you followed through with your wish.

I hope a life enjoying the sacraments is a blessing to you bringing you closer to the whole trinity.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Congratulations!! I'm not Catholic but I got baptized into a Methodist church two years ago. :D
Congratulations Rose2020. May God continually guide you. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Congratulations!! I'm not Catholic but I got baptized into a Methodist church two years ago. :D
And you know that your baptism is a valid Catholic baptism too, right?

• Agree
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
What do you mean by that?

We mean that the Catholic Church recognizes your baptism, because it also follows the accepted rituals that were set down in The Church from the very beginning, and the words spoken over you are the same words that were used from the very beginning.

It's the continuity of ritual through the centuries of Time that is recognized and accepted.

OTOH, there are some groups that do not use the same recognized ritual, or baptize in the Trinity these days.

So that's one reason why when a person applies to be accepted into the Catholic Church, their baptismal certificate is examined for it's wording, (mentions all parts of the Trinity in their correct designation).

And also for the Church's physical address, so that the Catholic Church can send a letter to them to recognize your original reception into the Family of God, and to inform them that you are continuing the journey that you began under their guidance.

That way, they also know where the responsibility for your future supervision in your Christian life will be, and that you will now be under the prayerful care of another body of Christ.

Essentially it's just like a change of address from one Post Office to another, so that your mail (or in this case your Christian supervision) continues without a gap. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
We don't get a Methodist baptism or a Baptist baptism or a Presbyterian baptism or a nondenominational baptism or a Catholic baptism but baptism. There is ONE baptism. I see Pam has explained it well already.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Deo gratias!

We just mean that if a person was baptized using the correct formula: using water, and the proper words "[Name] I baptize you in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit", then the Catholic Church accepts that baptism as valid no matter if it was Methodists, Presbyterians, Episcopalians, Evangelicals, Lutherans, or some other Christian group who performed it.

congrats!! I'm in RCIA right now myself.. can't wait to be where you are at!!
So happy for you ❤️

Good stuff, how long have you been in RCIA?

You're where?

RCIA stands for the Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults, and it's a period of time people spend learning the beliefs of the faith so that they understand it correctly to make an informed decision to enter in, and also begin their journey practicing the faith in an orthodox way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0