Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Video Talk

Luke 9:23-26 ESV

“And he said to all, ‘If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it. For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses or forfeits himself? For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words, of him will the Son of Man be ashamed when he comes in his glory and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.’”

I quote this passage of Scripture often because it is the gospel of Jesus Christ. For this speaks of why Jesus Christ gave his life up for us on that cross, and it speaks of what is required of us in the way of us cooperating with him in his work of grace in our lives. For we are to be partners in the gospel and to share in the fellowship of Christ’s sufferings, becoming like him in his death. And Paul and the other apostles taught the same thing.

So, if we want to believe in Jesus Christ and to be saved from our sins and to have eternal life with God, then it requires that we die with Christ to sin and that we are resurrected with Christ to walk in newness of life, not like our old lives, but created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. And then we are to die daily to sin and to self and to walk in obedience to our Lord and to his commands (New Covenant).

And now this is really important that we get this. If we hold on to our old lives of living in sin and for self, we will lose them for eternity. But if for the sake of Jesus we die with him to sin that we might live with him for eternity, then we have the hope of eternal life with God. But again, this is daily dying to sin and to self and daily walking in obedience to his commands. This is not saying we have to be perfect, but we have to obey our Lord.

For if we choose our sin over obedience to Jesus Christ then that means we are ashamed of Christ and of his gospel. And when Jesus returns for his bride, he is going to be ashamed of us. And we will hear him say, “I never knew you. Depart from me you workers of lawlessness.” So, don’t be that person who forfeits his own soul for the sake of holding on to his sin. Surrender your lives to Jesus Christ and take up your cross and follow him.

[Matt 7:21-23; Matt 24:9-14; Lu 9:23-26; Rom 1:18-32; Rom 2:6-8; Rom 6:1-23; Rom 8:1-14,24; Rom 12:1-2; Rom 13:11; 1 Co 6:9-10,19-20; 2 Co 5:10,15,21; 1 Co 1:18; 1 Co 15:1-2; 2 Tim 1:8-9; Heb 9:28; 1 Pet 1:5; Gal 5:16-21; Gal 6:7-8; Eph 2:8-10; Eph 4:17-32; Eph 5:3-6; Col 1:21-23; Col 3:5-17; 1 Pet 2:24; Tit 2:11-14; 1 Jn 1:5-9; 1 Jn 2:3-6,24-25; 1 Jn 3:4-10; Heb 3:6,14-15; Heb 10:23-31; Heb 12:1-2; Rev 21:8,27; Rev 22:14-15]

Caution: This link may contain ads beyond my control

Come Into His Presence

By Don Moen

Come into His presence with thanksgiving in your heart
And give Him praise, and give Him praise
Come into His presence with thanksgiving in your heart
Your voices raise, your voices raise

Give glory and honor and power unto Him
Jesus, the name above all names

Jesus!

Caution: This link may contain ads