Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Video Talk

Acts 26:16-18 NIV

“Now get up and stand on your feet. I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen and will see of me. I will rescue you from your own people and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.”

Saul (later called Paul) was on his way to Damascus to persecute followers of Jesus Christ when Jesus Christ visited him via a bright light from heaven. The Lord confronted him with what he was doing wrong and then he called him to be a minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ. For what Jesus called him to do is what the gospel of our salvation is all about. It is about changed lives. It is about us being crucified with Christ in death to sin and us being raised with Christ to walk in newness of life in him.

I was a very fearful child because I was raised by a severely abusive father. And then I faced abuse from other people in my life, some of them pastors of churches who were also people in positions of authority over me. And so throughout my life the Lord had to give me such messages as “Get up and stand on your feet” and “I have appointed you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen and will see of me,” and “Do not be afraid of them.” And the Lord took me through a lot to bring me to where I am now.

It was kind of like the message he gave to Jeremiah when he told him not to be afraid but that the Lord was sending him to speak the words of the Lord to the people. All throughout the Scriptures we read these words, “Do not fear.” For Satan wants us to be afraid because he wants to stop us from doing the will of God. But we must not fear other humans or what they might do to us or say about us, but we must walk in the fear of the Lord in obedience to him and to doing his will for our lives.

Caution: this link may contain ads beyond my control

Do Not Fear

An Original Work / June 2, 2013
Based off John 14

Do not let your hearts fear.
Trust in God. Trust in Christ.
“In My house you will find
Many rooms I have
Prepared for you,
And I will come back
And take you to heav’n.”

“I will take you to be with Me;