• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Statement of Purpose MUST READ & General Information for SWS Statement of Purpose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristen.NewCreation

Jul 11, 2007
Visit site
✟303,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Struggles with Sexuality Statement of Purpose

Struggles with Sexuality (SWS) is a moderated forum that the recovery team members must approve before they are live for viewing. This forum is for members who want to stop a sexual activity or change a sexual orientation in some way. It is for those wishing to make a positive change in their lives because for one reason or another the choices that have been made are impacting negatively either physically, mentally, emotionally or spiritually.

Christians and non-Christians may start threads, but only Christians may reply.

This forum provides support as well as encouragement from others going through similar issues or who have possibly been successful at making those changes.

Examples of some of the reasons a member may choose to post in SWS is the desire to stop masturbation, or to stop masturbating so much, to stop premarital sex in the relationship currently in or to prevent it in the next relationship, wanting to no longer be gay, or to learn to be celibate because of being gay. Being a family member, partner, or girlfriend/boyfriend of someone with a sexual issue that is creating issues in the relationship, and so the list goes on.

Please review our Recovery Guidelines before posting in the recovery forums.

OFF Topic Posts/Threads
Preaching or theological teaching or debating as this part of the forum is not for theological discussions, but for support and spiritual encouragement.

Posts that are not supportive of the Original Poster’s desire for change will be removed.

Posters that are only seeking to know if something related to a sexual behavior or lifestyle is a sin but not desiring to make a change in their lives will be asked to post in Ask A Chaplain where the Chaplains can address those types of questions.

Example of acceptable posts in SWS: “I need help stopping my sexual addiction. Any suggestions to help me? Do you think God will still love me?”

Example of unacceptable posts in SWS: “I’m addicted to sex. Is that a sin? Will I go to hell?”​

Spiritual warfare including instructions and linking to preachers who discuss/provide instructions on spiritual warfare is not permitted as this is against both Site Wide rules and recovery guidelines.

No self-promotion of books, recordings, YouTube videos or websites/blogs to gain advertising. If you have one of these to be considered as an applicable resource, please contact Kristen.NewCreation.

Support
We encourage you to seek support here and if there are appropriate resources presented in reply, we’ll check them out. If you need or can be an accountability partner on CF, please add your name to the list and participate as part of the accountability group. Please choose your gender Specific Accountability thread.

Links and Resources of Interest
(more to be added):
Crisis Hotlines
Christian inappropriate content Addiction Recovery » Blazing Grace

Distraction Ideas for Masturbation/Sexual Fantasy

Home (Pure Life Ministries)

12 Steps for Sexual Addiction

X3groups - Freedom From inappropriate content

Overcoming inappropriate content: The 40 Day Challenge A Bible Study

Live Free: Breaking out of the Prison of inappropriate content

Last edited:
Status