United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am a person who doesn’t really love anyone or anything. I feel a little bit dead in that sense. This always made me feel like I’ve no hope because if I can’t love myself or my family then how am I meant to love someone whom I can’t see, Jesus/God? And if I can’t love God how on earth can I ever be saved?

This video I just saw if true may give me hope. Is this true that I don’t have to love God to be saved?

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am a person who doesn’t really love anyone or anything. I feel a little bit dead in that sense. This always made me feel like I’ve no hope because if I can’t love myself or my family then how am I meant to love someone whom I can’t see, Jesus/God? And if I can’t love God how on earth can I ever be saved?

This video I just saw if true may give me hope. Is this true that I don’t have to love God to be saved?

You don't have to love God in order to be saved. You love God as a result of already being saved. As a RESULT of being saved, you demonstrate that you love God by keeping his commandments. Hope that makes sense.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I'm sure there are a lot of people in the world who say they love Jesus but don't take a blind bit of notice to what he actually taught.
True love is not about having emotions, although some people may experience them.
It is about faithfulness, service, loyalty and respect.
So don't worry - I think you are 'over thinking' this too much.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

God IS love ... and He loves you more than your mind can imagine. Get to know Him and he will teach you about love.

What Does the Bible Say About God Loves Me?

• Friendly
Reactions: pantingdeer
Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
I am not sure how to answer this question, but we must remember that Jesus said that the first great commandment is to love God and a second is like it, to love our neighbor. It would seem that at the very least we should have respect for God. Hopefully love will follow, but if not, then I guess our salvation is in God's hands.

Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You don't have to love God in order to be saved. You love God as a result of already being saved. As a RESULT of being saved, you demonstrate that you love God by keeping his commandments. Hope that makes sense.
What if I put my faith in Jesus as my saviour and then still don’t love God?

Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What if I put my faith in Jesus as my saviour and then still don’t love God?
Love is not an emotion in the Bible so perhaps you are confusing the definition. In today's society we often think of love as a feeling, a sentiment, an emotion. In Bible terms that is not the case. Love toward God is not demonstrated by our feelings or emotions (although we may feel that way toward God). Instead love toward God is demonstrated by our obedience to Him. You may not "feel" like you love God by obeying Him but the Bible states that is exactly the case when you obey Him.
In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, 1 Jn 5:3
Trust your obedience; not your emotions. Emotions can be fickle.

Upvote 0