Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
No you didn't.
Rep. Maxwell Frost (D-FL):
Okay? Free speech. And what happened after Ms. Teigen posted her tweet? What did the White House do? What did the Trump White House do?​
Anika Collier Navaroli:
From my understanding, the White House reached out to ask that this tweet be removed​

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That is the claim.

Exactly. Like when Donald tried to get Chrissy Teigen's Tweet removed, or when so many Donald White House requests to censor or reinstate came down that Twitter had to make a database to keep track of them.

I assume you're referring to the Biden campaign, again campaign, request to take down nude photos of Hunter and are equating that to the "White House".

He lives in AUSTIN, not Fort Wirth, and Tesla's HQ is utterly irrelevant to a lawsuit involving Twitter. :doh:
Trump complaining about some celebrity's tweet? Where have you been?
No, I'm talking about the actual biggest First Amendment violation in this country's history, the Biden Administration silencing speech via social media, since it could not do so directly under the First Amendment- which I'm pretty sure I explained. Everyone involved in that scandal - which became clear in Twitter files before the mainstream media began to admit it - EVERYONE in that Administration and the involved government agencies should have been removed, but they are a protected class.

No one ever mentioned Hunter and nude photos...except you. Not relevant to any legal violations. Stupid...but not relevant. It's legal to be stupid and post your business on websites, dumb as that is.

Jurisdiction is the matter at Issue. I read he lives in Fort Worth, but I don't care - Austin is still Texas, where the suit was filed.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Rep. Maxwell Frost (D-FL):
Okay? Free speech. And what happened after Ms. Teigen posted her tweet? What did the White House do? What did the Trump White House do?​
Anika Collier Navaroli:
From my understanding, the White House reached out to ask that this tweet be removed​

Sorry....that's from February. I was talking about testimony given this week. Disturbing what this administration has been up to.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Trump complaining about some celebrity's tweet? Where have you been?
I've been watching the hypocrites and gaslighters on the right shrieking about the Biden administration colluding with social media companies when most of the supposed suppression they're crying about happened whole Donald occupied the White House like he wanted Chrissy Tiegen's mean Tweet taken down.
No, I'm talking about the actual biggest First Amendment violation in this country's history, the Biden Administration silencing speech via social media, since it could not do so directly under the First Amendment- which I'm pretty sure I explained. Everyone involved in that scandal - which became clear in Twitter files before the mainstream media began to admit it - EVERYONE in that Administration and the involved government agencies should have been removed, but they are a protected class.
That said is some entertaining fan fiction. The so-called Twitter files fell foat after people started looking into the actual records Instead of taking Taibbi's spin at face value. Donald's administration and the Biden campaign made requests that content be taken down. Some of it was, some of it wasn't.
No one ever mentioned Hunter and nude photos...except you. Not relevant...
Actually it's entirely relevant because we're discussing entities requesting content be removed from social media. Most of the requests by the Biden campaign cited in the so-called Twitter files were for the removal of nude photos of Hunter.
Jurisdiction is the matter at Issue. I read he lives in Fort Worth, but I don't care - Austin is still Texas, where the suit was filed.
Actually his filing makes a mockery of jurisdiction. As I noted previously, Twitter is headquartered in San Francisco and Media Matters in D.C. I shouldn't have to point out that neither of those are in Texas.

Elon's personal residential address should be irrelevant as Twitter is suing, but it's even worse than I thought. He was only staying in Austin, and ostensibly lives in Boca Chica 8 hours away from Fort Worth. I shouldn't have to point out that lawsuits start in district court and he lives in the Southern district of Texas, while Fort Worth is in the Northern district of Texas and isn't even the primary venue. That would be here in Dallas.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I've been watching the hypocrites and gaslighters on the right shrieking about the Biden administration colluding with social media companies when most of the supposed suppression they're crying about happened whole Donald occupied the White House like he wanted Chrissy Tiegen's mean Tweet taken down.

Surely you understand the difference between the TOS violation....and suppressing the valid opinions of medical experts during a pandemic that don't violate TOS at all.

Also, if you can explain why it matters that Trump was president at the time, I'll drop it and not reply.

That said is some entertaining fan fiction. The so-called Twitter files fell foat after people started looking into the actual records Instead of taking Taibbi's spin at face value.

Some people aren't very bright.

Donald's administration and the Biden campaign made requests that content be taken down. Some of it was, some of it wasn't.

Some of it violated terms of service...some of it was taken down in service of a political narrative.

Actually it's entirely relevant because we're discussing entities requesting content be removed from social media. Most of the requests by the Biden campaign cited in the so-called Twitter files were for the removal of nude photos of Hunter.

Who demanded Trump be removed, and for what?

Elon's personal residential address should be irrelevant as Twitter is suing, but it's even worse than I thought. He was only staying in Austin, and ostensibly lives in Boca Chica 8 hours away from Fort Worth. I shouldn't have to point out that lawsuits start in district court and he lives in the Southern district of Texas, while Fort Worth is in the Northern district of Texas and isn't even the primary venue. That would be here in Dallas.

Here in Dallas? Never would have guessed you were a Texas guy. Regardless, I don't understand the left wing hatred of Elon. Sure, if you were one of the propaganda spewing scum persecuting others who disagree with your political beliefs, I can understand why him taking your favorite toy from you and making you play fair with it would make you grumpy....but clearly you're not in that camp @KCfromNC as you don't think it was happening at all and don't believe the reports of the Twitter files.

So why the hate? This guy did more to raise the profile of EVs as viable options to conventional cars than anyone...and in doing so, became the biggest reason why progress in the EV technology has been made. You should think he’s great...he's done more for the environment than every climate change activist ever, combined.

If Media Matters cost him advertisers by misrepresenting his new more equitable (aren't you in favor of equity?) Twitter....shouldn't he pursue damages and sue them into oblivion?

It's just a left wing propaganda outlet...there's still plenty of those around. You won't even miss it, I'm sure.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Sorry....that's from February. I was talking about testimony given this week. Disturbing what this administration has been up to.
I guess that's what happens when posts use vague innuendo rather than just explaining what they're talking about. This one is another example of that attempt.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I don't have twitter either, which is why I did the exercise with FB before.

So you're asking more about the controversial post itself, and not so much about the post/ad combo...

I do know Twitter's previous moderation policies were, from all appearances, overly strict, to the point where they were suspending the accounts (or removing the posts) of Satire publications (either for making "insensitive jokes", or because their algorithm wasn't correctly detecting the intent and misinterpreting satire as "fake news")
I won't argue that.

But we're advertisers ever placed next to antisemitic posts?

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

That said is some entertaining fan fiction. The so-called Twitter files fell foat after people started looking into the actual records Instead of taking Taibbi's spin at face value. Donald's administration and the Biden campaign made requests that content be taken down. Some of it was, some of it wasn't.

Actually his filing makes a mockery of jurisdiction. As I noted previously, Twitter is headquartered in San Francisco and Media Matters in D.C. I shouldn't have to point out that neither of those are in Texas.

Heh. You can't seriously be comparing Trump complaining about a celebrity tweet to the Biden White House literally utilizing social media as an arm of government to violate the First Amendment by silencing Americans, doctors, scientists - all kinds of people who weren't indoctrinated heavily enough in the "correct views' - in the most egregious way. That's pretty nonsensical.

Again, you are abjectly wrong that the case "fell apart" after the Twitter files. Apparently you are unaware of the progress of Missouri v. Biden. Here is short summary of the current stance after the latest ruling:

"A federal appellate court concluded Sept. 8 that multiple White House, surgeon general, FBI and CDC officials likely breached the fine line separating permissible government persuasion and jawboning from illicit “coercion and significant encouragement” when they repeatedly — and often successfully — lobbied social-media companies “to remove disfavored content and accounts from their sites.”

In short, acts of “coerced censorship” by the platforms since early 2021 are now attributable to the federal government. This allows First Amendment free speech claims filed by Missouri, Louisiana and several individuals to proceed against officials like Surgeon General Vivek H. Murthy and White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre."

Currently in progress and they all need to be removed from their positions for such egregious constitutional violations. Alas, it won't happen before they are voted out, most likely.

This is just a summary. Feel free to read the actual opinions in the case so far. Missouri v. Biden and the crossroads of politics, censorship and free speech

Opinion: https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/23pdf/23a243_7l48.pdf

You just don't understand the jurisdictional issues at all with Musk. Not that it's important now. What happens with the case is important.

Upvote 0