Nitro WV USA
Visit site
✟15,233.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Music
Any Music that a person can enjoy that does not corrupt their minds nor elude to anything against the Gospel Is Fine. The Bible Does NOT condemn ANY Genre of Music. So to anyone whom judges the content of what a person is listening to based on the Beat, Sound or Tune of a particular song, get over it. Your Doctrine is skewed toward Your Opinion, and what you have heard others say about what You should believe in. Your Opinion is not Pleasing unto the Lord, for you are forming inaccuracies to his Word and therefore causing confusion of what is TRULY Scriptural. Shame on You!

To those whom “Claim” to be a Christian yet still insist on listening to Explicit Music, you have No Excuse! There are way too many great artists’ out there, in ANY Genre that DO NOT have lyrics that are considered inappropriate. Remember, just because the radio plays it, or there are no curse words in the songs that you are listening to, doesn’t mean that the Lyrical Content is acceptable in the Eyes of the Lord.

If one Chooses to Listen to the HEAVIEST MUSIC every Known, and the Content is not to the detriment of a persons Soul, do not condemn. That type of music may be the exact type of music that rallies a Christian up, to defend the Word of God, His Faith, His Stewardship Etc,. Motivation is very beneficial to one whom chooses to be a Servant of the Lord, Day in and Day out.
:bow::bow::bow::bow:

KnowWhatJesusDid

Humble Servant to Our Lord Jesus Christ
Jan 20, 2010
Nitro WV USA
Visit site
✟15,233.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where does the Bible say anything about a certain Genre of Music.

Slayer is not a Genre of Music. Slayer is a band in which DOES go Against the Morality of our Souls. I specifically mentioned these types of BANDS/ARTISTS.

You apparently Did NOT read the post. It bothers me that you would even elude to the fact that I would be rotting as Satan Laughs, based on how you have perceived my post. Specifically since you did not consider the contents of my post.

The Lord Knows where my heart is, and he knows where your's is as well... If you are a Child of God, I hope that you can learn to like me, because we will be spending eternity in our Father's Kingdom together.

Upvote 0

NiobiumTragedy

Glorious Tragedy
Jun 15, 2009
USA
✟17,652.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ahh, I see your opinionated rants are going to be plastered all over the forum.

Each person is different and each has different views on what is right or wrong. I, for instance, can listen to things like Marilyn Manson and my walk in faith is not effected in any way. In fact, most people don't even understand half of what he talks about in his songs and blindly hate him because some "pastor" told them to whom also does things in ignorance. But that is another thread all together.

When it comes to cussing, I see nothing wrong with it. A word cannot be bad. It's the context in which that word is used that makes it bad. People drop the F-Bomb in daily language all the time these days. It's become commonly accepted language whether or not half of Christianity accepts that as so. Times change, so does language. Heck, most Christians I know use language that would have been unacceptable 50 years ago but are common and accepted these days as acceptable alternative words to use for describing something.

But then, I don't expect you to understand or accept this concept since you're obviously stuck in your little box.

Upvote 0

magisterfaust

fresh meat
Jan 2, 2008
england
✟7,821.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Greens
Just how many Genres of music were there in biblical times ? I am well aware that SLAYER are not a genre of music, but was pointing out that they play to a specific genre label.

The part about the bible not condemning any genre of music has no relevence in the 21st century.. or did the bible predict that dance, rave, metal, classical, pop, grunge, would be prevelant in a wicked society driven by the music of the beast into the ears of the weak and vunerable. Do you apply the logic to television, books, advertising...etc.

Upvote 0

magisterfaust

fresh meat
Jan 2, 2008
england
✟7,821.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Greens

Each person is different and each has different views on what is right or wrong. I, for instance, can listen to things like Marilyn Manson and my walk in faith is not effected in any way. In fact, most people don't even understand half of what he talks about in his songs and blindly hate him because some "pastor" told them to whom also does things in ignorance. But that is another thread all together.

When it comes to cussing, I see nothing wrong with it. A word cannot be bad. It's the context in which that word is used that makes it bad. People drop the F-Bomb in daily language all the time these days. It's become commonly accepted language whether or not half of Christianity accepts that as so. Times change, so does language. Heck, most Christians I know use language that would have been unacceptable 50 years ago but are common and accepted these days as acceptable alternative words to use for describing something.

But then, I don't expect you to understand or accept this concept since you're obviously stuck in your little box.

Well said.. Very eloquently posted. I listen to all types of music, I swear, read books that go against christian teachings, fart, pick my nose and scratch my [wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth], but does it make me a bad person.?

Upvote 0

KnowWhatJesusDid

Humble Servant to Our Lord Jesus Christ
Jan 20, 2010
Nitro WV USA
Visit site
✟15,233.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well... On the notation of the last two notes... I will simply say, we have a different opinion on Being a Christian and walking Daily as a Christian. I do indeed think that cursing is inappropriate. I believe that is causes ILL WILL upon my Character and damages my Witness as a Christian. If I accidently say something inappropriate, whether anyone hears me or not, I immediately feel conviction and repent of it. If you do not feel convicted of it, then who am I to say anything to you about it? We have different perspectives.
I certainly do not want to be argumentive, nor do I think we should try to change each others minds about how we think on a forum board.

It is not Your Job, It is not My Job, It is not the Church's Job, to clean people up.
It IS the Word of God's job.

Upvote 0

Klesk

Aug 4, 2009
NC
✟15,223.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

And what they dont realize is that, thats only fueling his fire and making him more popular. People have made such a mess out of Christianity due to ignorance it makes me sick.

As far as bands like Slayer or whatever... Reguardless of how "wrong" it sounds for me to say this on a Christian forum- most of these lyrics were written for entertainment. Dont get upset about it. People are intrigued by satanic crap because we're supposed to stay away from it. Its a big red button you're not supposed to touch, or a locked door you're told not to open. Dont dabble in satanism... duh. But the music is appealing to some people because: its rebellious, its heavy, and holy crap is that a pentagram on the cover? Its just part of the package, and shouldn't be taken seriously.

And uh... hopefully this post was relevant to the discussion in this thread. I just read "Slayer" and figured it was just another one of those threads.

Upvote 0

PeculiarGuy

Jul 10, 2010
✟15,178.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Music
Any Music that a person can enjoy that does not corrupt their minds nor elude to anything against the Gospel Is Fine. The Bible Does NOT condemn ANY Genre of Music. So to anyone whom judges the content of what a person is listening to based on the Beat, Sound or Tune of a particular song, get over it. Your Doctrine is skewed toward Your Opinion, and what you have heard others say about what You should believe in. Your Opinion is not Pleasing unto the Lord, for you are forming inaccuracies to his Word and therefore causing confusion of what is TRULY Scriptural. Shame on You!

To those whom “Claim” to be a Christian yet still insist on listening to Explicit Music, you have No Excuse! There are way too many great artists’ out there, in ANY Genre that DO NOT have lyrics that are considered inappropriate. Remember, just because the radio plays it, or there are no curse words in the songs that you are listening to, doesn’t mean that the Lyrical Content is acceptable in the Eyes of the Lord.

If one Chooses to Listen to the HEAVIEST MUSIC every Known, and the Content is not to the detriment of a persons Soul, do not condemn. That type of music may be the exact type of music that rallies a Christian up, to defend the Word of God, His Faith, His Stewardship Etc,. Motivation is very beneficial to one whom chooses to be a Servant of the Lord, Day in and Day out.
:bow::bow::bow::bow:

I really like what you had to say. I agree, I see so many Christian listening to bad music from Lady Gaga, Ke$ha, Rihauna, Katty Perry, Black Eye Peas. I know I just named bands a lot of you may listen to, read the lyrics to their songs. Its all about sex and its full of cursing. There are hundreds of bands that the Christian culture has started listening to that are not ok. I see it every day. My friends talk about the latest song, or they sing lyrics to songs that have horrible sexual meaning to them. So many people listen to music to feel better, and they don't consider what they are feeding their minds. Songs like, "Tik Tok" by Ke$ha or "Bad Romance" by Lady Gaga are widely accepted, but if you read the lyrics or actually listen to the songs, you will hear cursing and sexual meaning. Just because everyone listens to it doesn't mean its ok.

Upvote 0

Fenny the Fox

Apr 21, 2009
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟23,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
As to the mention of Slayer. They are not Satanic. King and Araya write almost all the lyrics. King being an atheist (I am pretty sure, don't quote me on that though), Araya a theist -stating he believes in God as an all-loving supreme being, Christ came to teach us how to love, and that, despite the lyrics he may sing that King writes, it will never change or lessen his beliefs. The majority of Slayer's lyrics are based on serial killers, as it is a fascination of Araya's. They are not Satanists at all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums