• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Music for Us

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Peers in recovery

Do you have favorite tunes that inspire you, help you express yourself, and get you going?

Music for us is about what we find that helps us to live our lives, one day at a time, one step at a time, moving forwards through the struggle

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Exhale by Plumb

It's okay to not be okay
This is a safe place
Don't be afraid
Don't be ashamed
There's still hope here

No matter what you've done or who you are
Everyone is welcome His arms

Just let go let His love wrap around you
And hold you close
Get lost in the surrender
Breathe it in until your heart breaks
Then exhale
Exhale

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you enjoy 1990's animated movies, I'd recommend The Prince of Egypt. It's the story of Moses made by Dreamworks. There's a specific song in the movie I really enjoy for the message.

These lyrics are really precious!

@Wayholka
I will post them below and then will you share which ones specifically mean a lot to you?

A single thread in a tapestry

though its color brightly shines

can never see its purpose

in the pattern of the grand design

and the stone that sits up on the very top

of the mountain's mighty face

does it think that it's more important

than the stones that forms the base

So how can you see what your life is worth

or where your value lies

ohhhh, you can never see through the eyes of man

you must look at your life

look at your life through heaven's eyes

lai-la-lai...through heaven's eyes(2X)

A lake of gold in the desert sand

is less than a cool fresh spring

and to one lost sheep, a shepard boy

is greater than the richest king

should a man lose everything he owns

has he truly lost his worth

or is it the beginning

of a new and brighter birth

So how do you measure the worth of a man

in wealth or strength or size

in how much he gained or how much he gave

the answer will come to ya

to look at his life through heaven's eyes

lai-la-lai...through heaven's eyes(2X)

and that's why we share all we have with you

though there's little to be found

when all you've got is nothing

there's lots to go around

No life can escape being blown about

by the winds of change and chance

and though you never know all the steps

you must learn to join the dance

you must learn to join the dance

lai-la-lai...through heaven's eyes(repeat until fade)

Written by Stephen Schwartz • Copyright © Universal Music Publishing Group

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Been listening to a lot of Sufjan Stevens lately. Very gifted artist, truly blessed. One of those songwriters who explore faith in their songs, but it never feels forced or pandering. Sometimes it's brutal, full of doubt and longing. This song is from the record "Carrie&Lowell", which is a hard album to listen to, since it's about coming to terms with all kinds of hard stuff, most of all death of a loved one (in this case his mother, who abandoned him when he was a child, but they got reacquainted later). There's even a deathbed song on it.

Many people actually use this album for healing purposes. If one gets deep into it, instead of listening to it as any other music, it can be shocking. It kind of breaks you, but then you start to heal. If someone's interested, it's free to listen on Youtube, the whole album, as a playlist. Sufjan himself put it in there via his record label. I own a physical copy of it too. It's amazing. I listened to it about 3-4 times without much experiences, then suddenly something snapped and I started to cry like a maniac. Love it!

This one's called John My Beloved. There are some amazing lyrics in it. What always gets me is this: "I am a man with a heart that offends with its lonely and greedy demands".

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Song of remembering the man I loved, trying to remember only the good times and how hard we rocked, how much love we had, how we clung together through thick and thin, and how much I miss that good part of him. Wish we could've made it, but he did fall to drugs and alcohol. He rocked me around the world, then he died

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Oh He is Not Dead but Alive:
True Life. Full Life. Good Life! Strong Life.
Life on The Bottom with of it all i found Him.
Best Place Ever!
HONEST!
Cry His Sufferings forever!
And Forever!
I NEVER want to stop!
i love crying our dear Lord!
He loves me so!

Why do so many people
not know Him anymore?
i want to cry some more!
i just want to cry Him!
His Agony to behold at our failure
Down HERE!
Oh how i wail Him
Oh how i wail Him
our DEAREST LORD
Right on the Bottom of it all.
What have i done to Jesus?
Oh what have we done to Him?
He loves us so!!!

How i adore Him
how i love Him
how i revere Him
how i let my tears
run free!

know an awesome song about that Life Alive in me! The One i wail.

• Winner
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not bad song hey? Yet i like this version much better.

i love people who use their awesome voices to praise the Lord This Man is one of those people i love listening to.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Never took off with Keith's music but i know others who have been blessed by his music. i like this song tho.

R.I.P Keith Green? You have been celebrating for years haven't you brother? do envy you when it comes to that.

You got you're wish

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,007,133.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I need to check out some of these songs. While I posted that one song fo anxiety, some of the music I listen to only reinforces how I'm feeling, particularly when I'm lonely.

• Useful
Upvote 0

Press On

Giving up what I am to become what I will be.
May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Been listening to a lot of Sufjan Stevens lately. Very gifted artist, truly blessed. One of those songwriters who explore faith in their songs, but it never feels forced or pandering. Sometimes it's brutal, full of doubt and longing. This song is from the record "Carrie&Lowell", which is a hard album to listen to, since it's about coming to terms with all kinds of hard stuff, most of all death of a loved one (in this case his mother, who abandoned him when he was a child, but they got reacquainted later). There's even a deathbed song on it.

Many people actually use this album for healing purposes. If one gets deep into it, instead of listening to it as any other music, it can be shocking. It kind of breaks you, but then you start to heal. If someone's interested, it's free to listen on Youtube, the whole album, as a playlist. Sufjan himself put it in there via his record label. I own a physical copy of it too. It's amazing. I listened to it about 3-4 times without much experiences, then suddenly something snapped and I started to cry like a maniac. Love it!

This one's called John My Beloved. There are some amazing lyrics in it. What always gets me is this: "I am a man with a heart that offends with its lonely and greedy demands".

I remember we talked privately about this music months ago, Tempura, and you shared it with me. I still have the song you recorded. That was a special time.

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Never Too Late by Three Days Grace
and
One More Light by Linkin Park

I can share the video for you, of one more light, a great song!

Send me a pm if you want to learn how to post videos

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,007,133.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

Some years ago, a very dear CF friend messaged me that simple video on birthday. I don't know why, but I was extremely touched by that simple act, and it made me feel so very special and cared about. After some of the folks I was closest to on here had previously abandoned me, the gesture reassured me that I have positively impacted lives of site members, and I was so grateful for that. Every year since then, I make a point of checking out that video again just so I can feel appreciated on that day. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Press On
Upvote 0