Multiple wives in the OT vs. monogmy now???

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
It changed when Jews later observed how miserable King David, Solomon, Jacob, abc the rest of the old school polygamy guys were stuck with incessant drama, excessive nagging, honey-do’s, etc. King Solomon’s Canaanite wife asked him, “Do these Moabite jeans make my butt look big?” That was the final straw. Monogamy was considered far easier!
LOL
From what I have read Jews no longer practice polygamy because it was unacceptable in the Christian nations they found themselves in.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Imagine 12 wives shopping on Amazon, nagging and gossiping about the British royal family, aromatherapy.....it’s too much for the Jews...:sorry:

LOL
From what I have read Jews no longer practice polygamy because it was unacceptable in the Christian nations they found themselves in.

Upvote 0

RobNJ

So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish!
Aug 22, 2004
✟166,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Imagine 12 wives shopping on Amazon, nagging and gossiping about the British royal family, aromatherapy.....it’s too much for the Jews...:sorry:
Too much, for ANY sensible person!! :prayer:

Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm an engineer at heart (and by degree Chemical Engineer)

An architect, artist, and engineer were discussing whether it was better to spend time with their wives or mistresses. The architect said, "I like spending time with my wife building a firm foundation of a marriage." The artist said, "I enjoy the time I spend with my mistress because of all the passion and energy." The engineer said "I enjoy both. If you have a wife and a mistress, both women think you are with the other so you can go to work get more done"

Upvote 0

Markie Boy

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2017
United States
✟402,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So basically multiple wives was always against God's plan. Yet some of the greatest names of the Old Testament didn't follow this plan.

They were tolerated, but never to be the example of what was right.

Upvote 0