Mueller summary released; no exoneration

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You have to wonder how many of the folks that have been breathlessly tuning in to the MSM nightly "Trump is guilty" news will now tune them out now that they know they were being lied to?

(My guess is not many). :doh:
I don't know any liberal that watches MSM. I think that conservatives watch it . To look for any little mistake. So I guess Conservatives will continue to watch it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know any liberal that watches MSM. I think that conservatives watch it . To look for any little mistake. So I guess Conservatives will continue to watch it.

Me personally I think it's a tossup as to who is more amusing the MSM or Jeff Dunham. ^_^

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
From the News. They have said over and over that Mueller investigation cost $25 million

They are already sentenced and if they had any dirt, we would know by now.

Yes, they are disappointed that there was no evidence of a crime, which means they are disappointed that no crime was committed. They were after an indictment and not the truth. The truth isn't what they wanted it to be.

Schiff and Co. claimed to have evidence, but so far they have nothing.

Totally different. Comey outlined 111 felony violations by Hillary. In addition to what Comey outlined, she hijacked her party to steal a nomination, she financed a fake dossier, and she had Donna Brazille steal the debate questions for her.

They need to lock her up. Just try and convict her, put her in solitary confinement, throw away the key and forget she even exists. Maybe 1000 years from now archeologists will find her.

You wouldn't happen to have a citation for the "111 felony violations by Hillary" that Comey outlined. I searched for it, and the only thing backing up this nonsense is a YouTube video that tries to make the case that every email sent with classified information is a separate felony. What a joke.

Your other claims:
"hijacked her party to steal a nomination" - what she did with the DNC during the primaries was highly unethical, but 100% legal.

"she financed a fake dossier". The dossier wasn't/isn't "fake". Parts of it have been corroborated, and parts remain unverified. She continued financing on a dossier that started being worked under Republicans.

"she had Donna Brazille steal the debate questions for her". Again, if true, highly unethical, but not illegal.

Trump's associates have been convicted of real crimes, including things like money laundering, etc. Yet you want to throw all of that out and lock up Hillary for legal actions she's taken (as well as some imagined "111 felonies"). Don't get me wrong. I think Hillary is a corrupt an unethical politician (neither as corrupt nor unethical as Donald), but your claims against her, and what you believe her punishment should be are nonsensical.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Mueller found that there was no Trump-Russia conspiracy but did not 'exonerate' the president on obstruction

AND YET:
  • Attorney General William Barr delivered his summary of the special counsel Robert Mueller's main findings in the Russia investigation on Sunday.
  • Mueller was tasked with investigating Russia's interference in the 2016 US election, whether members of the Trump campaign colluded with Moscow to tilt the race in his favor, and whether Trump sought to obstruct justice when he learned of the investigation's existence.
  • According to Barr's summary, Mueller "determined not to make a traditional prosecutorial judgement" with respect to whether Trump obstructed justice.
  • But Barr and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein concluded that Trump did not commit an obstruction-of-justice crime.
  • Mueller also found that neither Trump, nor anyone on his campaign, "conspired or coordinated with Russia" during the election.
  • Mueller also "states that 'while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.'"
___

To the skeptics... If Mueller's report does not implicate Trump in any wrongdoing in regard to Russian collusion OR obstruction, then what exactly does it do?

As a democrat who really doesn't much care for Trump, from my perspective the Mueller report *does* put the whole collusion question to rest. Obstruction is a bit of a tough call frankly, and I'll wait until I've read the *full report* before I draw my own personal conclusions. I am however satisfied that the FBI isn't particularly worried about obstruction, so I'm ready to move on.

I'm happy with Mueller being in charge of this investigation, and I'm glad we investigated it too. Mueller carefully explained how the Russians meddled in our election and he named names. He also got convictions of people who lied to the FBI and to congress, so IMO Mueller did his job and he did it well. I think Mueller was a consummate professional at every stage of the process, even while Trump was hurling personal insults at him. Suddenly Trump has done an about face and now Mueller is "ok" by Trump. :) Trump is still a piece of work, but I'm quite happy with Mueller's investigation. I would like to read his full report however.

I still have a few lingering questions about the nature of the meeting in Trump tower with the Russians, the internal polling data that Manfort shared with the Russians, and whether or not Trump is willing to do anything at all about the Russians meddling in our last election *and* in the next one. Trump still seems *way* too cozy with Putin.

I think that Trump will lose the next election and we'll finally be done with him. In the meantime I still worry about what kind of long term damage he will do to this country. Already he's trying to take away the preexisting condition improvements in healthcare, he's trying to get rid of funding for the special Olympics and he seems disinterested in clean water and clean air. He did however give himself and the most wealthy Americans a big tax break. Those kinds of things still worry me, but at least I'm no longer worried that Trump actually colluded with the Russians. I suppose that's a bit of an improvement.

Last edited:
Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0