Calvin N

Oct 18, 2015
✟7,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi guys,

I am moving from Dallas TX to Hobart TAS in about 2 weeks to start a great new job there. I am an Australian permanent resident and Indo-Portuguese by descent. I hold Masters and Bachelors degrees in Computer Science.

I am taking a huge leap of faith and moving down under. I feel I have been led to make this decision by the Lord. I was born a catholic but I am more of a bible believing non denomination Christian now who firmly believes in the salvation provided by our Lord Jesus Christ.

I would love to meet fellow believers and friends and get recommendations for churches. Since I don't know much about the Hobart area or Australia in general, any help or advice would be most welcome.

I have secured a hotel for 1 week. So I am looking at places to stay for rent. The plan is to finalize a place as soon as I am there. Hope it all works out. Thanks you all and may God bless you!

ken777

"to live is Christ, and to die is gain"
Aug 6, 2007
Australia
✟48,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi guys,

I am moving from Dallas TX to Hobart TAS in about 2 weeks to start a great new job there. I am an Australian permanent resident and Indo-Portuguese by descent. I hold Masters and Bachelors degrees in Computer Science.

I am taking a huge leap of faith and moving down under. I feel I have been led to make this decision by the Lord. I was born a catholic but I am more of a bible believing non denomination Christian now who firmly believes in the salvation provided by our Lord Jesus Christ.

I would love to meet fellow believers and friends and get recommendations for churches. Since I don't know much about the Hobart area or Australia in general, any help or advice would be most welcome.

I have secured a hotel for 1 week. So I am looking at places to stay for rent. The plan is to finalize a place as soon as I am there. Hope it all works out. Thanks you all and may God bless you!

I live on the west coast of Australia but have visited Hobart quite often to see my elderly sister. I am sure that you will love living there. Summer is a marvellous season though the winter is a bit cold for my taste, but plentiful rain means it is very picturesque and always green. Gardens just thrive and plants I have to lavish great care on (such as fuschias & tree ferns) my sister cuts back with hedge clippers! I wish you all the best.

Upvote 0

Locutus

May 28, 2014
✟22,874.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Tasmania is an incredibly beautiful place, you're very lucky. Hobart itself is stunning, too. Lots of old houses, water, and mountains. Really quite perfect!

The climate is awesome - don't listen to the tropics dwellers. You'll never have to tolerate a hellish summer again, and the winters are quite mild. You can be outdoors all year round instead of having to hide indoors during the summer!

Meantime, Tasmania is a great place to get away from redneck conservatism. There are rednecks there, but they're considerably less conservative than on mainland Australia. That's because the island has long been a refuge for more enlightened folk. There's a well established 'alternative' culture there - making it an even more attractive destination!

Selamat Jalan :)

Upvote 0