[Moved] wedding ideas on a budget

hello ladies

if anyone has any good dieas on how to have a wedding on a low budget would you please share those ideas with me?

mostly i am hoping to have a nice dress(used is fine) and i want to let god shine thru the day and give thanks to him for sending me this lovely christian man. we are  wanting to be married in a church before god.

lucypevensie

Not drinking the kool-aid
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2002
WI
✟1,778,204.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had a $1500.00 church wedding in 1994. The most expensive thing was the cake which was $400.00 (way too expensive!). I kept it simple by just buying things inexpensively. I don't have any great secrets, you just have to look around.

Here are some things that kept things reasonable for us:
We had invitations made out of regular cardstock that a friend printed up on her computer rather than expensive custom ordered ones. Bridesmaids dresses were $40.00 but I know you can find even cheaper ones. My own dress was on clearance for super cheap. I had just a piano player and some friends who sang special songs. We served only punch (cheap 7Up and sherbert) and coffee to drink. Reception only had cake and punch and a few inexpensive h'ors d'ouvres bought at Sam's Club. For attendants gifts I bought them some nice looking necklaces and earrings that were on clearance. On flowers I just got lucky I think. There was this wonderful flower shop here that made these HUGE wonderful bouquets for very CHEAP. They're out of business now--I wonder if they weren't making enough money?

My own wedding was very inexpensive but I know it can be done for much, much less.

Upvote 0

The Princess Bride

Legend
Site Supporter
May 2, 2005
Georgia
✟69,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We got married on less than a grand - at the courthouse (FREE) - no cake/etc - my grandmother and friend were our photographers - my step daughter was my only bridesmaid and her dress was borrowed - I made my own bouquet from Publix's flower dept. So it can be done!

Upvote 0
R

Romanseight2005

hello ladies

if anyone has any good dieas on how to have a wedding on a low budget would you please share those ideas with me?

mostly i am hoping to have a nice dress(used is fine) and i want to let god shine thru the day and give thanks to him for sending me this lovely christian man. we are  wanting to be married in a church before god.

We were able to have a cheap yet beautiful wedding. I splurged a little on my wedding dress. I used tax refund money for that, and we just bought a little with each paycheck, leading up to the wedding. The biggest money saver, was getting married in a small town. We were able to use a beautiful small town church to get married in, for a fraction of a cost that it would have been to get married at our own church! We had wanted to marry in our church, since we met there. I wouldn't change a thing though. The church we married in was actually more beautiful than our church. We also just had a reception in the church basement. I think the reception is where people really spend a ton of money, but ours was cheap.

My now sister in law, is a photographer, so we didn't have to pay for that. So, so you know anyone who is into photography as a hobby? Or do you know someone who could do professional looking photos, but who isn't a professional?

Upvote 0