fl
✟14,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I posted on here awhile ago asking for prayer about my smoking addiction on a different account I believe. I wanted to quit and I was smoking and my mom smoked for 30+ years. I posted on here for people to pray and I was praying for myself and my mom to quit smoking. My mom smoked for a long time but I still had hope and prayed anyways. Seeing the fact that everyone around me seemed to have an addiction to smoking and those who smoked stayed hooked for years wasn't encouraging to me. But despite that I trusted in Christ anyhow and not long after I put my trust in christ to set me free I got a random call from my mom 2 months after I started praying for both of our deliverances and to my surprise she told me she was cold turkey for 21 days [still smoke free today]. Yea she got delivered not me ! But I still put my faith in God cause I knew if He'd free her I must be next in line! few months later I quit cold turkey since 1/2019! Thank God for being a deliverer and thank God for His promise to us that "if we believe we will see the glory of God"

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I posted on here awhile ago asking for prayer about my smoking addiction on a different account I believe. I wanted to quit and I was smoking and my mom smoked for 30+ years. I posted on here for people to pray and I was praying for myself and my mom to quit smoking. My mom smoked for a long time but I still had hope and prayed anyways. Seeing the fact that everyone around me seemed to have an addiction to smoking and those who smoked stayed hooked for years wasn't encouraging to me. But despite that I trusted in Christ anyhow and not long after I put my trust in christ to set me free I got a random call from my mom 2 months after I started praying for both of our deliverances and to my surprise she told me she was cold turkey for 21 days [still smoke free today]. Yea she got delivered not me ! But I still put my faith in God cause I knew if He'd free her I must be next in line! few months later I quit cold turkey since 1/2019! Thank God for being a deliverer and thank God for His promise to us that "if we believe we will see the glory of God"

Yes, prayer does change you. It's a proven fact.
Even for non-Christians.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith